Post-Game Talk: Toronto Wins! HYMAN perfect as a human and andersen on fire

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Its Actually hilarious how underrated Nylander has become after this whole saga. I am definitely of the unpopular belief that he may actually be worth 8 mill AAV in the long run.

When you look at 2016-8, he elevated Matthews big time. Crazy skilled player and 22 yrs old
I don't know man. Willie's good but Mitch just seems to be on another level.

Reactions: Confucius

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
He is a franchise player. The kid has been our best player since last New Years and among the best in the League.

Yeah for sure. I really hope he'll be ok with taking a slight discoint to stay here and hope he retires as a Leaf.

Leafs are one of the rare teams where we have quite a few stars and superstars. Exciting for the league

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
Marner is something else. I dont even have the words to describe how good he is. His playmaking left me speechless. Amazing. Just amazing.
All of Ennis goals are/were "goalscorers goals" just pretty ones. I hope he finds himself a good team next season.
Frederik that guy is just so f***ing calm. We can win anything with him.
Kadris line was invisible. But other than that I really liked the team and the W.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
So Perfect western trip. Then did the same to Columbus? Without some elite talent missing games? Just wrap two of these for me, please.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Its Actually hilarious how underrated Nylander has become after this whole saga. I am definitely of the unpopular belief that he may actually be worth 8 mill AAV in the long run.

When you look at 2016-8, he elevated Matthews big time. Crazy skilled player and 22 yrs old

That is the thing though. We overpay and we will regret it as we will lose our dept players like Kapanen to the cap. We have money to sign him to what he is worth, which is just below what Pasta got on 6 years deal or just above that if it’s 7 or 8 years deal. However, problem is it seems that Willi wants more than that and there is no way our team or any other team will pay him. His stupid dad and his stubborn agent will cost him a lot of money and a lot of grif.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Another low scoring game, a tight game where the Leafs come out on top.

Is there a stat for this? Other than the old school analytics of the team's record in 1 goal games or low scoring games.

A team like this Leafs team will do well in the playoffs.

Last year's team, was not like this. It was just not as defensively sound like this.

That is rather surprising, because it is basically the same cast of characters on the blueline. Only major change was at the center position for this year. This change at center more evident when Matthews went down.

Still makes me wonder that was Bozak really that bad? That team could not win like this consistently. It did not happen last year.

:help: :huh: :help:

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
That is the thing though. We overpay and we will regret it as we will lose our dept players like Kapanen to the cap.
Kapanen is a front line player.

There is no difference between Nylander and Kapanen in my opinion only that one player is better, and that is not Nylander.

What Nylander brings in offense, he will give back in defense.

Kapanen plays for keeps, and scores big goals. He comes through in the clutch.

Game 7 in Boston, who scores the go ahead go in the 3rd period while the team is short handed? Who came up small all series?

You want that player who did the former not the latter.

Still, I like to see Nylander in the line-up, but traded this off-season for cap reasons.

:propeller

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Kapanen is a front line player.

There is no difference between Nylander and Kapanen in my opinion only that one player is better, and that is not Nylander.

What Nylander brings in offense, he will give back in defense.

Kapanen plays for keeps, and scores big goals. He comes through in the clutch.

Game 7 in Boston, who scores the go ahead go in the 3rd period while the team is short handed? Who came up small all series?

You want that player who did the former not the latter.

Still, I like to see Nylander in the line-up, but traded this off-season for cap reasons.

:propeller
Pants on fire. Nylander has been among the Leafs best possession players over his two full seasons here and was a +20 last year. Kapanen hasn't done anything over a meaningful sample size to put him in the same stratosphere as Nylander.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Pants on fire. Nylander has been among the Leafs best possession players over his two full seasons here and was a +20 last year. Kapanen hasn't done anything over a meaningful sample size to put him in the same stratosphere as Nylander.
Do not bring up the analytics with me because I have to reject that.

The winning goal for Boston last playoffs, game 7.

Nylander takes the puck, 4 on 4, skates along the boards, all the way entering into the Boston zone along the boards. Skates around behind the net. Skates towards the blueline again. Losses the puck. That giveaway at the blueline lead to the winning goal against.

What does the coach teach you? Do not turn over the puck at the blueline. Do what Hyman does, dump it in and chase it. That is a strong defensive position.

However, according to analytics, Nylander was great with all that possession.

Is this right or wrong?

Thank you.

:deadhorse

Reactions: Confucius

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
That's the tough thing.. 2 of Toronto, Tampa, Boston are playing each other first round. Winning the division is a huge advantage.
Absolutely.

Put the best team on ice to finish as high as you can in the standings. You want home ice advantage in the playoffs.

Get Nylander in the line up this year. Trade him next year.

Matthews and Marner, they will cost even more. Start saving up by preparing a Nylander trade next year.

:nopity:

ninetyone

Jul 12, 2018
This team is really good. Another average game against a really good team and they win. Freddy was great, timely goals - wait until they are 100%!

No dwell. Enjoy the ride.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Do not bring up the analytics with me because I have to reject that.

The winning goal for Boston last playoffs, game 7.

Nylander takes the puck, 4 on 4, skates along the boards, all the way entering into the Boston zone along the boards. Skates around behind the net. Skates towards the blueline again. Losses the puck. That giveaway at the blueline lead to the winning goal against.

What does the coach teach you? Do not turn over the puck at the blueline. Do what Hyman does, dump it in and chase it. That is a strong defensive position.

However, according to analytics, Nylander was great with all that possession.

Is this right or wrong?

Thank you.

Are you into bestiality, necrophilia, and sadism, or are you just beating a dead horse?

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

Stratosphere isn't as high up as you think, and so far Kappy looks like he belongs there as much as Willy. Neither of them, however, are up in the Thermosphere with Marner, Matthews and Tavares. Of that I'll agree.

Reactions: Prospero

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Are you into bestiality, necrophilia, and sadism, or are you just beating a dead horse?
All of the above, of course.

I've also heard that donkey balls are good too, and that Nylander does not have a heart, and that never shows up in analytics either, among other things.

Damn, I feel hungry now.

Reactions: 7even

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Willy's dropped to eighth overall because of his dad. If Nonis had done his research, he should never have drafted him.

Dubas is literally dealing with a hand grenade in this situation. Talk about walking into a burning schoolhouse first year on the job.

Thank god he signed Tavares, taking 98% of the heat off of him.

Signing two free wallets like Lindholm and Ennis are looking pretty darn good as well.

What a beautiful goal Ennis scored tonight.

Babcock gave him quite a bit of praise after the game. Seems like Babcock believes he can possibly get back to his former level, that he enjoyed with the Sabres.

Reactions: Prospero

HC7

May 2, 2018
Legitimately beating "top" teams without our 1st line winger and the 2nd best player in the league.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Jet fan here. I know that some Jet fans and Leaf fans don't like each other but this is one Jet fan that has a lot of respect for the what the Leaf management has built. Without Matthews and Nylander your team keeps winning. How good will you be when both of these players are playing? Toronto is a real SC contender. I'm 55 years old and this is the first time I can say this. Jets are finally playing some good hockey again and I think a all Canadian final is deffinitly possible. See you guys in June.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad