Post-Game Talk: Toronto verses Detroit - Oct 2nd @ 7:30 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Well, if there is such a thing, that's a good loss. Not much talent on this roster, but they started to play well as a group. I'll never get tired of outshooting the opposition. Some world class possession shifts in there.

It's going to be fun when our elite prospects start to crack the lineup.

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
Phaneuf looked like a rookie fumbling around with the puck out there. He looks like he has very little confidence right now. Not good from your captain.

Hotel Mario

Feb 4, 2013
Thunder Bay
Unacceptable performance from the captain, it is his job to lead the way, and most certainly hasn't done this job on the ice. Tough part is, if the preseason is indicative of the year Dion has its Clarkson 2.0 in terms of the contract. Certain players are not coachable, can Babcock fix slow and stupid, we're about to find out.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It's going to be fun when our talented prospects crack the lineup and work hard to become elite.
Elite is earned, not given.
I feel like you were trying to sound cool there and fumbled terribly.

Elite is just a descriptive word there, you can be an elite prospect.

It will be fun when our elite prospects develop into elite NHL players. The key is them becoming great NHL players, not earning the word elite to describe them.

MapleLeaf

Sep 29, 2015
This will be as good as it gets. Team had some fight...just having a hard time scoring goals....lack of goals will be the theme all season!

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
How did the losers look?
I opted for the Jays game, rather than put myself through watching them

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Phaneuf looked like a rookie fumbling around with the puck out there. He looks like he has very little confidence right now. Not good from your captain.

Sorry but I just don't see Phaneuf.
He's slow, not very mobile and an average desicion maker.
If he has you along the boards he's ok, in open ice he's had. Doesn't move his feet a lot and stands around at times.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Wings fan here... Babcock is a great coach. Give it time. As much as I hate the Leafs they will be a tough team to beat and eventually a contender over his tenure.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I feel like you were trying to sound cool there and fumbled terribly.

Elite is just a descriptive word there, you can be an elite prospect.

It will be fun when our elite prospects develop into elite NHL players. The key is them becoming great NHL players, not earning the word elite to describe them.

Cool no. Couldn't care less. Just tired of the way "elite" gets thrown out around here.
Elite should be earned over a period of time, high level play and consistency in the NHL.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
It's kind of a shame a good effort was for not. But some really encouraging things, particularly in the 2nd period.

Hyman: Great game; tenacious on the fore check and in the corners. He's really not too far away from the NHL.
Rielly and Gardiner: Both had very good bounce back games after the Buffalo game, especially Morgan.
JVR/Kadri/Winnik: Started the game very well, faded in third, but overall something to build from.
Kapanen: Showed some flashes, his best game of the pre-season.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
These are the type of games, thet we'll be in, for most of the season.

Then I recommend these types of games for anyone suffering from insomnia.

I see a few penalties in the game… the players must have run into each other by accident.

Please, please tighten up even more and focus on time killing, meaningless cycling that never generates a scoring chance so that these riveting "new" NHL matches could end in scores of 2-1.

;)

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
It's kind of a shame a good effort was for not. But some really encouraging things, particularly in the 2nd period.

Hyman: Great game; tenacious on the fore check and in the corners. He's really not too far away from the NHL.
Rielly and Gardiner: Both had very good bounce back games after the Buffalo game, especially Morgan.
JVR/Kadri/Winnik: Started the game very well, faded in third, but overall something to build from.
JVR/Kadri/Winnik: Showed some flashes, his best game of the pre-season.

I liked Matthias again. Thought he was the best player on that line. If he can bury some chances he will be solid on LW.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Looks like Hyman has a good chance of taking Panik's spot - he out hustled Panik in this game by a wide margin.

Kadri, Kapanen, Hyman, and Reimer all played really well. Arcobello rebounded to have a good game after spectating one of the first period goals. Rielly had a good offensive game with several legit scoring chances.

Much better effort as a whole.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Kapanen: Showed some flashes, his best game of the pre-season.

Agreed here. Hyman and Kapanen looked really strong.

Robidas and Arcobello were awful. Phaneuf hasn't had a good pre-season so far either.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Agreed here. Hyman and Kapanen looked really strong.

Robidas and Arcobello were awful. Phaneuf hasn't had a good pre-season so far either.
Phaneuf might get even better when he gets older. Under Babcock he is already showing some signs of real commitment and action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad