Proposal: Toronto - STL - Washington

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Toronto - Parayko
STL - Kuznetsov
Washington - Nylander + Toronto's 2018 1st

Why Toronto - they get a stud RD, and their defense has instantly improved from average at best to one of the league's best

Why STL - they get a very good (amazing?) offensive center and Tarasenko's old teammate

Why Washington - they get a very good young player, 1st round pick on a very deep draft, Backstrom mentoring factor and a lot of cap space (for just a year, but still).

Last edited:

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Leafs are out if that's our 1st. We don't need Parayko badly enough to give up Nylander and a 1st. Especially given the pedigree of Hunter (so far). Although we don't know the full extent of Nylander's upcoming deal, Parayko is only signed for 5 more years (smaller cap hit, less term).

Caps come out ahead in this deal, IMHO.

Beyond this all, the Leafs don't need to be in the deal. Blues can just work around Kuznetsov and Parayko on their own.

As for the Blues, according to their fans, they wouldn't entertain a trade with Parayko anyways as it decimates their RHD depth moving forward. So let's just end it here before we re-hash what we've discussed on here in the past 10X over.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I know. It's like he'll be a free agent tomorrow!

That's what happens when you cherry pick snippets of a post. I'm not really stating the point to devalue him per say- as much as to compare it to the idealized term a elite player like him should be getting.

Versus what Nylander could sign for, comparatively.

Never change HF.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Leafs are out if that's our 1st. We don't need Parayko badly enough to give up Nylander and a 1st. Especially given the pedigree of Hunter (so far). Although we don't know the full extent of Nylander's upcoming deal, Parayko is only signed for 5 more years (smaller cap hit, less term).

Caps come out ahead in this deal, IMHO.

Beyond this all, the Leafs don't need to be in the deal. Blues can just work around Kuznetsov and Parayko on their own.

As for the Blues, according to their fans, they wouldn't entertain a trade with Parayko anyways as it decimates their RHD depth moving forward. So let's just end it here before we re-hash what we've discussed on here in the past 10X over.

Toronto needs Parayko way more, than Nylander and 2018 1st. I mean, look at all those countless trade proposals from Toronto fans.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Toronto needs Parayko way more, than Nylander and 2018 1st. I mean, look at all those countless trade proposals from Toronto fans.

Our fanbase is enormous and it wasn't Leaf fans exclusively that made those threads.

Also the notion that we are desperate for defense, or even an RHD is more media-driven than anything. In a year's time, there will potentially be elite #1 type RHD's on the market as empty wallets.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

yeah no to moving a 61pt rookie AND a 1st that could easily be a top 10 back if the leafs have a bad year or get key injuries.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
yeah no to moving a 61pt rookie AND a 1st that could easily be a top 10 back if the leafs have a bad year or get key injuries.

Skinner scored more than Nylander in his rookie season being 2 years younger. Would you trade him for Parayko right now?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Skinner scored more than Nylander in his rookie season being 2 years younger. Would you trade him for Parayko right now?

well if I were the canes I wouldn't move a 37g scorer and a 1st rd pick for another top 4 dman

Slavin,Pesce,Hanifin,Faulk are pretty good

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
Toronto - Parayko
STL - Kuznetsov
Washington - Nylander + Toronto's 2018 1st

Why Toronto - they get a stud RD, and their defense has instantly improved from average at best to one of the league's best

Why STL - they get a very good (amazing?) offensive center and Tarasenko's old teammate

Why Washington - they get a very good young player, 1st round pick on a very deep draft, Backstrom mentoring factor and a lot of cap space (for just a year, but still).

Not a bad proposal, but I wouldn't add the 1st as a Leaf fan. I'm higher on Nylander than the majority I believe, and 1 for 1 is the most I'd pay for Parayko (even though he's great too). Just prefer to keep our own guy.

Plus, if we have a bad season that 1st could be early in what's supposed to be a good draft year.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I will bet you $100 he won't. Wouldn't be the first time a young star coming off a terrific rookie season struggles in his sophomore year.

Classic HF post right here. Based on what... exactly? You're willing to bet $100 on the sophomore slump myth?

As to the post, Leafs aren't trading Nylander. I would love love love love love to get Parayko, but we're not trading Nylander. Our team will be better off keeping Nylander and getting a B- solution on defense than trading Nylander to get an A+ solution on defense.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Classic HF post right here. Based on what... exactly? You're willing to bet $100 on the sophomore slump myth?

As to the post, Leafs aren't trading Nylander. I would love love love love love to get Parayko, but we're not trading Nylander. Our team will be better off keeping Nylander and getting a B- solution on defense than trading Nylander to get an A+ solution on defense.

I'd say, it's your post, that is classic HF. But I'm not gonna argue with you RIGHT now, I will come to this in a few months later...

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I'd say, it's your post, that is classic HF. But I'm not gonna argue with you RIGHT now, I will come to this in a few months later...

Please do. The advanced stats and eye test all point to Nylander's numbers not only being sustainable, but were actually lower than expected. If his on-ice shooting percentage normalizes, he is due for a break-out anyways.

Perhaps you should go and check out the thread about how the Leafs weren't going to have any 50 point scorers, if you like coming back to threads later. Maybe if you don't have anything to say right now, it's not based on anything other than wishful thinking lol.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
No from the Leafs.

Wouldn't trade Nylander straight up for either Kuzy or Parayko, let alone adding a 1st.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Absolutely LOVE Nylander but Parayko is one player I would deal Nylander for....with a small add maybe a 2nd or lottery protected first if St. L added a 3rd.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I don't know. Nylander has the potential to be a PPG C.. I think as soon as next offseason he will be seen in the same way Draisatl is now. Not sure I trade him, even for a good D like Parayko..

Leafs defensive problem is overblown anyways, I would prefer to wait and see. If the defense is still a problem next offseason, it can be dealt with after the big 3 are extended and the Organization knows how Lilegren projects.

Worst case scenario, Doughty has mentioned that he would like to play for the Leafs. I think he leaves LA if they miss the playoffs again the next two years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00