Proposal: Toronto - STL - Washington

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Nylander is a better player only in some Toronto fans' dreams. And those dreams aren't even close to reality...

Who cares, we all overrate our own guys. I know your the OP, But it seems like 99% of each fanbase rejects the deal, Lets just let it die.

I don't think value wise your deal is terrible, although i would agree that adding a 1st to Nylander is too steep. He's shown enough promise to net a big fish on his own. Uber talented RHS with 1C upside....thats a premium. "Worst" case is he ends up being a 1RW with PPG upside.

There isn't much reason for Washington to move Kuzy. They have to push NOW, not rebuild.

Blues aren't going to trade Parayko to fill a hole. We can run Pietrangelo and Parayko 50min a night if need be....thats something not many teams can do. Hell in the playoffs, i wouldn't be shocked to see them on the ice for almost the whole game(slight hyperbole). Point being, we potentially have the most dominant RHD top 4. Nashville being they other but their LHD is on another planet compared to the Blues. As for our center situation, the Blues will try Schenn and Fabbri, with potentially being able to fill the hole through FA or trade(Tavares/Duchene). They would not entertain the idea of trading Parayko.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Nylander is a better player only in some Toronto fans' dreams. And those dreams aren't even close to reality...

Nylander was better as a 20yr old rookie than either of them. That's reality.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

All you've done this entire thread is berate the notion that Leaf fans think Nylander + 1st is a huge overpayment that the far majority of us would not do.

Nylander is 3 years younger than Parayko and 4 years younger than Kunzetsov. Among many other reasons, Nylander just had a better year than the latter- despite the season being very much a rookie, developmental year under the rigors of Babcock- and he is cost-controlled + younger.

My question is why even bother making this thread if all your going to do is berate and antagonize a fanbase.

As for our center situation, the Blues will try Schenn and Fabbri, with potentially being able to fill the hole through FA or trade(Tavares/Duchene). They would not entertain the idea of trading Parayko.

Pretty much this. Blues wouldn't fill a hole to create another and vice versa with the Leafs.

We'd both rather do a B solution without creating holes in other areas. Blues did so with Schenn (albeit, he's always been mediocre as a C dating back to the Flyers) but Fabbri is legitimately a good option for them internally.

And Leafs went with Hainsey, and we're at least in on Vatanen, Hamonic earlier in on the year.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2017
That's what happens when you cherry pick snippets of a post. I'm not really stating the point to devalue him per say- as much as to compare it to the idealized term a elite player like him should be getting.

Versus what Nylander could sign for, comparatively.

Never change HF.

With heroic keyboard warriors like yourself presiding over it, it doesn't ever have to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad