Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v6 (2021 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Christ. Sounds like when Noodles and O were adamant Marner wouldn’t be the highest scoring winger and could only come up with like two guys. I don’t care for Gerry’s percentages to begin with so I turned it off before that. Honestly it seems like Noodles is salty the Leafs swept the Flames.
It's hilarious. Noodles even said Paches and Stone who could have more. Umm no.
When he went into this whole speal about these duos could have more and other stuff, Jeff even laughed. I think he knows Noodles got triggered.
Honestly Hayes should have said "I know it's always somebody else's fault when Price allows a goal". That would have really got Noodles going.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
The likely best goal scorer of his generation and the likely 2nd best playmaker of his generation aren't good enough for McLennan.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Christ. Sounds like when Noodles and O were adamant Marner wouldn’t be the highest scoring winger and could only come up with like two guys. I don’t care for Gerry’s percentages to begin with so I turned it off before that. Honestly it seems like Noodles is salty the Leafs swept the Flames.
But he doesn't follow "a team" just individual players. LOL

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
I get the vibe Hayes and O genuinely don't even like Noodles, he's just a guy they have to work with. Noodles has some serious problems, I don't know how a grown man is noticeably triggered that Matthews/Marner are producing points.

I used to believe Noodles' act was to provide "balance" and be the voice for the rest of the Canadian markets but it's nothing more than this guy just having a burning hatred for anything Leafs related.

dmac87

Nov 30, 2018
Eh. I do genuinely think they like noodles. Noodles just plays devils advocate whenever Hayes praises the leafs and a lot of the time he's out to lunch.

equating Tkachuck's "accidently on purpose" fall on top of the goalie to muzzins puck flip... really?

then so quickly dismissing the possibility that matthews/marner duo could be 2nd duo in points... :rolleyes:

Reactions: stickty111

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I get the vibe Hayes and O genuinely don't even like Noodles, he's just a guy they have to work with. Noodles has some serious problems, I don't know how a grown man is noticeably triggered that Matthews/Marner are producing points.

I used to believe Noodles' act was to provide "balance" and be the voice for the rest of the Canadian markets but it's nothing more than this guy just having a burning hatred for anything Leafs related.
I still remember when Noodles said how Toronto barely made the playoffs in 2017 and ended up in the 2nd Wild Card spot. While both those things are true since they cliched their playoff spot during their 81st game, he never mentioned the only reason why they were in the 2nd Wild Card was because Boston who also clinched their playoff spot during their 81st game had the tie breaker with more ROW wins and because Toronto lost their 82nd regular season game in regulation and would have been 3rd in the Atlantic had they won or got 1 point just for getting to overtime.

I only bring that up because that season Toronto was 4-0-0 against Boston, however that didn't matter in terms of a tiebreaker.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Noodles' penchant for being the "voice of reason", along with Hazey B's hot takes and O's sullenness makes Overdrive virtually unlistenable.

Reactions: definedMF

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Micheal Landsberg is clueless and needs to learn about the NHL If not he shouldn't be talking about it.
Not just the NHL, he’s clueless about every sport. He’s a fan that’s never been off the sidelines but now with a platform to influence others. It’s pretty ridiculous.

I think he would have been dropped a long time ago if not for his #Letstalk stuff. It’s a sensitive subject and they don’t want to be the network that fired the guy and sent him over the edge.
Where is Evanka Osmak ? Not on SN anymore ?
Maternity leave.

Reactions: Auston 316

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Not just the NHL, he’s clueless about every sport. He’s a fan that’s never been off the sidelines but now with a platform to influence others. It’s pretty ridiculous.

I think he would have been dropped a long time ago if not for his #Letstalk stuff. It’s a sensitive subject and they don’t want to be the network that fired the guy and sent him over the edge.

Maternity leave.

Thanks.

Last edited:

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens

Maternity leave.

Agree. Landsberg is untouchable. And unbearable.

Reactions: Anthrax442

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Big Bell Media layoffs, CFRB decimated, Brent Wallace (TSN) gone after 23 years., many more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad