Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
yeah you @Cor @Menzinger and any other mods should all get together and make a podcast in your personal time after work for no monetary profit, While you record it we will all go nuts here trolling each other and arguing back and forth... oh wait thats a normal day

I don’t think I would ever be allowed to become a mod :laugh:

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I don't think Carlo is that bad. High pitched rants aside, he's had some decent hockey and basketball takes. He was the only guy out of everybody in the entire NHL media who properly scouted (and supported) Holl about 1.5 years ago when nobody else knew anything about him.

Reactions: The Apologist

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I don't know, but those battles were fun. Team Bozak vs Team Kadri epic rumbles every week! (Not that there ever really was a Team Bozak, just people who didnt think he totally sucked)

Ahh yes.

The fanatic Kadri Club. All you had to do was say “Bozak played well” and that would get an immediate response.

And once you made a comment about a weakness in Kadri’s game... heaven help you.

Reactions: The Apologist

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Just watched a YouTube clip from 3 days ago of tim and sid with Burke. I dont love any of those guys but Burke made it clear he hates Simmons and I loved hearing it. Simmons needs to get buried worse than Berger, pun intended.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The issue was if you said something negative about Bozak's game, his fans wouldn't let you breathe.
Once they realized he isn't a perfect player, and Kadri was better, things calmed down.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Andy is fine. Not opinionated like others. She carries a good show

I'm a leafs tragic and even I can't listen to Leafs lunch anymore, if your losing people like me it cant be a good sign for that shows long term health

Either be informative and if you can't manage that be entertaining, Andi is neither which is some effort

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Noodles was just saying on Overdrive that he would like to see the playoff format changed to the top 16 teams in the league make it. Conference and divisions don't matter. 1 would play 16 , 2 would play 15 and so on and so on. This way you have all your top teams that have earned their spot getting favourable matchups.

I have to agree with him. I hate the fact that you could have 2 powerhouse teams playing each other in the first round with on of them going out just to have division matchups. As well as weaker teams making the playoffs over better teams just because they were the best team in a weaker division.

NHL needs to make a change.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
Pretty random, but I found the intro to the Leafs vs Devils game really really cool (showed highlights of the leafs comeback vs devils). I was wondering if anyone had a video of it or knew the song they used in that intro.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I'm trying to post less on this thread (the hate is getting out of control...lol), but, man, as much as I love Hayes, his takes on Liljegren are infuriating. Yesterday, he said something like "he's not going to make it". Very vague. Did he mean on the Leafs or in the NHL? Either way, stupid hot take. He doesn't even watch Marlies games, but has this weird overconfidence in his negative opinion on Liljegren. I don't get it. He's a knowledgable guy outside of this peculiar obsession.

Reactions: Walshy7

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I'm trying to post less on this thread (the hate is getting out of control...lol), but, man, as much as I love Hayes, his takes on Liljegren are infuriating. Yesterday, he said something like "he's not going to make it". Very vague. Did he mean on the Leafs or in the NHL? Either way, stupid hot take. He doesn't even watch Marlies games, but has this weird overconfidence in his negative opinion on Liljegren. I don't get it. He's a knowledgable guy outside of this peculiar obsession.

he meant the NHL, that's the 3rd separate time he has tried to have this take. Guy is an idiot when it comes to the marlies. He called him a bust a couple a weeks ago.

edit: and i guarantee you he never addresses these takes when Liljegren does make it

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The issue was if you said something negative about Bozak's game, his fans wouldn't let you breathe.
Once they realized he isn't a perfect player, and Kadri was better, things calmed down.

Bozak and Bozak Jr threads didn’t need to end the way they did.

Obviously, they are very different players ;)

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
he meant the NHL, that's the 3rd separate time he has tried to have this take. Guy is an idiot when it comes to the marlies. He called him a bust a couple a weeks ago.

edit: and i guarantee you he never addresses these takes when Liljegren does make it
Yep, you're right. I wonder if he’s doing some sort of ‘balance’ thing. That is, he doesn't want to constantly look like a Leaf homer so he has picked a high level prospect to hate. Whatever it is, i want to reach into my computer and thrash him when he says that stuff.

Reactions: Walshy7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad