Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Friedman has the worst stache, ever.

I was actually coming here to write the same thing. I personally think he is so overrated on these boards and don’t like him, but I actually feel sorry for him with that moustache. In all honesty it’s probably the worst moustache I have ever seen. I applaud him for the cause, but holy cow he looks ridiculous

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
I was actually coming here to write the same thing. I personally think he is so overrated on these boards and don’t like him, but I actually feel sorry for him with that moustache. In all honesty it’s probably the worst moustache I have ever seen. I applaud him for the cause, but holy cow he looks ridiculous
It's like he glued a gigantic house centipede onto his face.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Thought it was funny when Dubas said on Overdrive that Keefe argues with him more than anyone else he's worked with

I bet they argue about things they agree on. That doesn’t make sense, but when I heard him say that that I thought to myself they probably disagree on things within the same philosophy rather than two completely different ideas.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Am I the only who doesn't think Friedman's stache is that bad? Like its coming in so slowly that it's in an awkward phase right now, but at least its complete all the way across. Its the ones that are like patchy above the lip that are worse. Like Dangle's.

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
Why are the media picking apart the Leafs for playing better under a new coach and how they didn’t play this well under Babcock?

This narrative exists all the time when a team gets a new coach. Why is it only getting dissected now?

Reactions: Fred Sheeran

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Poulin is just bitter that the was completely wrong about Babcock lasting with the Leafs this season. The night before on The Quiz he said 100% that Babs would finish the season with the Leafs.

The next day Babs was fired :laugh: and now he's making all these excuses and being a turd.
Couldn't believe he said 100 percent on the show, it was insane to think that, given where the team was.

Reactions: Fred Sheeran

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Any summary of what he's salty about or any quotes? I love me some salty Pouly.

I need to hear this so bad.
Roe said you could tell there was relief about the coaching change.
Poulin says he had an issue with that. Some players had a reason for that, but others didn't. Thinks it was used as a crutch by some players, and is why he thought Babcock would finish the season because it was too easy for those players. Now they go into yesterday's game, and think the only issue was behind the bench. It drove him crazy as a player, coach and management. He continues saying the same point all over again. He then criticizes the young guys for using it as crutch, and thinks it's unfair to the person on the bench.

He then goes after Matthews quote about defence being easier. He says he just decided it is. He says whenever something is said about the new coach, instant reaction is to reflect it against the old coach.

He goes into hypotheticals about the 2 on 0 that happened in the PK early. Talk about negative. He cherry picked a couple events just to show it could have been different. As if Leafs are the only team where those things would happen.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Roe said you could tell there was relief about the coaching change.
Poulin says he had an issue with that. Some players had a reason for that, but others didn't. Thinks it was used as a crutch by some players, and is why he thought Babcock would finish the season because it was too easy for those players. Now they go into yesterday's game, and think the only issue was behind the bench. It drove him crazy as a player, coach and management. He continues saying the same point all over again. He then criticizes the young guys for using it as crutch, and thinks it's unfair to the person on the bench.

He then goes after Matthews quote about defence being easier. He says he just decided it is. He says whenever something is said about the new coach, instant reaction is to reflect it against the old coach.

He goes into hypotheticals about the 2 on 0 that happened in the PK early. Talk about negative. He cherry picked a couple events just to show it could have been different. As if Leafs are the only team where those things would happen.
Yeah, the last part drove me nuts! Ummmm,......in almost every single NHL game that has ever been played, the other team has had good chances and could have been up by a goal or two before the other team. Fascinating! Him pointing that out was ridiculous and desperate. He made a bad prediction earlier in the week and should just laugh it off. I think people would have respected him more if he made fun of himself rather than getting all defensive and sour.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Did anyone notice Hrudy's eyebrows last night? What in the ever loving F was that about?

IMG_1595.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad