Confirmed Signing with Link: Toronto re-signs Connor Carrick, 1 year worth $1.3 million

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Not trying to get off the topic of Carrick, but Marincin has always been a good defensive NHL defenseman. Sure he has terrible turnovers at terrible times, but I think people don't realize that guys of his elk (Hjalmarsson) are not very good with the puck either.

When he's on the ice, the team gives up far less shot attempts/chances/goals and it's plain to see it's not coincidence, competition, or zone starts. He's just legit plus at defense.

OMIT

Last edited:

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Really? He has to be the worst defenceman I have ever seen. So many unforced giveaways leading to A 1 scoring opportunities for the opposition. He's an AHL defenceman at best.
Worst Dman you've Ever seen? Are you new to this game? There have been a lot worse.

SteadyFreddie

Jun 11, 2018
Worst Dman you've Ever seen? Are you new to this game? There have been a lot worse.
I should clarify I suppose.... Worst defenceman I have seen on the leafs since 2010, not like it matters though. It doesn't change the fact that Marincin is absolutely terrible.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
A minor deal for a minor role player.
If Carrick has much more to offer, this would be the season to show it.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Watch him with your eyes that are attched to your face, if not for Andersen fans would be running Carrick out of town, but because Andersen has the ability to go on LONG stretches where he is damn near unbeatable nobody says f*** all about how bad Carrick is.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Stick him in Vancouver, give him some PP minutes and he probably gets 40 points.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Well if Dubas doesn't re-sign Polak....

I read some speculation on twitter (from fairly reliable sources) that Babcock was actually happy to be rid of Lamoriello. Probably because he never upgraded Polak. Which, by the way, should have been incredibly easy. Oleksiak went for a mid round pick.

The more I think about it, the more I'm disliking Lamoriello's tenure as GM.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Watch him with your eyes that are attched to your face, if not for Andersen fans would be running Carrick out of town, but because Andersen has the ability to go on LONG stretches where he is damn near unbeatable nobody says **** all about how bad Carrick is.
Overreact much? Maybe grow up a bit and back up your little hissy fit with some facts. Not just "my opinion" ******** Its only 1 year and 1.3 million, stop stressing out. You want to throw a fit? wait till they re-sign Polak, then you and I and pretty much every other Leaf fan will throw one too.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I read some speculation on twitter (from fairly reliable sources) that Babcock was actually happy to be rid of Lamoriello. Probably because he never upgraded Polak. Which, by the way, should have been incredibly easy. Oleksiak went for a mid round pick.

So are you saying it was 100% Lamoriello's decision to re-sign Polak last October and not Babcock's which was originally thought?

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc

:laugh:

Sure !

He's gone !

What's to like ?

Reactions: Strangelove

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012

He had some nice trades, like Andersen and Phaneuf and the Mo and Kadri contracts are good -- but other than that he was bleh. Two tdl trades were busts, and he had a couple signings that didn't work out. All in all he was passable. I think moving onto to Dubas will be much better for the Leafs, much more of a modern day thinker, and we'll see that come to fruition as soon as Friday I believe.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
He had some nice trades, like Andersen and Phaneuf and the Mo and Kadri contracts are good -- but other than that he was bleh. Two tdl trades were busts, and he had a couple signings that didn't work out. All in all he was passable. I think moving onto to Dubas will be much better for the Leafs, much more of a modern day thinker, and we'll see that come to fruition as soon as Friday I believe.

He was acceptable during the rebuild process.

The last two seasons haven't been great. As a fan, it stings more, because they're ELC years for the core and there was potential to be better than they were or at least set themselves up for the future.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I know Brendan Shanahan never admitted this was the reason Dubas was named the GM. However I think since it was reported how the Avalanche wanted to offer Dubas some executive level position, he didn't want to risk losing him to another franchise.

Reactions: Kelly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad