Confirmed Signing with Link: Toronto re-signs Connor Carrick, 1 year worth $1.3 million

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Interesting stat posted on the Leaf board,

When Carrick plays: 32-11-4 record, .723 point percentage
When Carrick doesn't play: 17-15-3, .528 point percentage

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Interesting stat posted on the Leaf board,

When Carrick plays: 32-11-4 record, .723 point percentage
When Carrick doesn't play: 17-15-3, .528 point percentage

I'm not saying Carrick is the sole reason for that record, but he's a good player that can skate, move the puck and play with an edge.

He's a better D-man that Hainsey and Polak, and last year, he was better than Zaitsev as well.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I still wouldn't be too sure of that.

And if Hainsey is playing on the top pairing again, that will be super foolish.
there really isn't a reason why hainsey shouldn't be playing that hasn't been neglected already. a connor carrick signing certainly doesn't decrease those odds.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I'm not saying Carrick is the sole reason for that record, but he's a good player that can skate, move the puck and play with an edge.

He's a better D-man that Hainsey and Polak, and last year, he was better than Zaitsev as well.
yeah definitely not the sole reason, but he's easily better than Roman Polak. Uncle Roman was the only leafs regular defenseman who got outscored by the opposition at 5v5. if you can't handle bottom competition, you shouldn't be in the NHL. Carrick handled it pretty nicely though

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

No of course not, he is a decent enough player though

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
there really isn't a reason why hainsey shouldn't be playing that hasn't been neglected already. a connor carrick signing certainly doesn't decrease those odds.

Hainsey after the first quarter of the season was a disaster.

A lot of that is on Babcock, and a lot of that has to do with Hainsey being Hainsey(at his age).

I can live with him on a 3rd pairing, with a Carrick for example, but with Dubas at the help it also wouldn't surprise me to see him go.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Hainsey after the first quarter of the season was a disaster.

A lot of that is on Babcock, and a lot of that has to do with Hainsey being Hainsey(at his age).

I can live with him on a 3rd pairing, with a Carrick for example, but with Dubas at the help it also wouldn't surprise me to see him go.
this is true, but babcock makes the decisions and plays the vets over anyone else so i don't believe hainsey's time in done in toronto.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
This feels like a sign and trade type thing....wouldn't surprise me to see him included in a deal for a defenseman.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

It's less about Carrick playing and more about Polak not playing. Carrick could be any generic bottom pairing defenseman and that stat would be pretty much the same.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Dubas is not off to a good start Carrick is a disgrace

He's not that bad. You're doing fine if he's your #6 but Babcock wanted a sack of meat there.

He's a good skater, decent puck handler and plays with some grit I just don't see a place for him in the top six this year or in the future

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
he is. 54.72 gf% and 55.42 xgf% means he outscores and outplays the opposition when he's out there. he's a smart defenseman who skates well and plays with an edge, and does well in easy minutes. not sure why you're so worked up

You'll find out when October hits assuming he makes the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad