Confirmed Signing with Link: Toronto re-signs Connor Carrick, 1 year worth $1.3 million

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
What's the deal with him, Leafs fans? I thought he was a decent enough prospect in Washington but figured his offensive game wasn't strong enough to make up for his lack of size.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
What's the deal with him, Leafs fans? I thought he was a decent enough prospect in Washington but figured his offensive game wasn't strong enough to make up for his lack of size.

Babcock doesn't trust him. He's a fine bottom pairing guy but Babcock preferred Polak. With dubas in charge I thought it would change and looks like it has.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
He either gets signed to an extension before next summer or they don't qualify him. Can't imagine he signs again if Babcock doesn't use him this year. Like Leivo it's a make or break year.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Line Combos:

Rielly Carrick
Gardiner Hainsey
Dermott Zaitsev

PK:

Hainsey Carrick

PP1:

Gardiner Carrick

PP2:

Rielly Carrick

God help us

:eek:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He is a decent enough prospect, whether he has a place in Toronto or not he was always going to be re-signed.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
He is a decent player. His size is a little concerning, and sometimes he gets exploited by it, as he doesn't have to strength in the corners to contain big wingers. Carrick has alot of good tools, he just was really lacking confidence last season because he only made it into 47 games. Just on again, off again, which makes it tough to get in a rythym. I'm not 100% sold on Carrick, but I'd like to see him get an honest shot at the bottom pair and play a consistent stretch of games next season before he gets written off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad