NBA Toronto Raptors thread

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Freddy really worked hard over the off season. Seems like he's got a new gear.
It does and he might not be the most skilled but you can tell he works hard and puts in all the effort and that’s a big reason why we won. Our depth players are hard workers that give it their all and it a a very likeable group.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
It does and he might not be the most skilled but you can tell he works hard and puts in all the effort and that’s a big reason why we won. Our depth players are hard workers that give it their all and it a a very likeable group.
I just don't like when both Lowry and FVV are on for extended periods of time together. It can work against some teams but there are in for a lot of mismatches on D.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
"I would put Toronto on a short list for Giannis to consider." - Marc Spears

Have to think the large Greek community in Toronto is a draw, Giannis's family knowing Masai also helps, heck now that the Raptors have a title banner helps too. Giannis + Siakam + FVV + OG, sweet looking core right there. I believe Masai will do everything in his power to bring him here and lift us to another title.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Giannis and Spicy would be game over for the East. Get a PG like Lowry (or just Lowry if he's still performing) that spreads the ball around and plays good defense and we're set.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Have to think the large Greek community in Toronto is a draw, Giannis's family knowing Masai also helps, heck now that the Raptors have a title banner helps too. Giannis + Siakam + FVV + OG, sweet looking core right there. I believe Masai will do everything in his power to bring him here and lift us to another title.

Just the other day I found out Toronto has the largest Greek community, even bigger than Melbourne.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

DALLER66

Nov 17, 2019
I really like Freddy vanfleet but hes going to throw up a lot of bad shots to get his max money for next year .. I’m sorry but he is NOt a max player .. he’s a good backup.. great backup .. he’s again shooting like 36-38 percent from the field this year though.. not ideal .... he’s even commenting on pascals contract in press conferences knowing it’s his turn to get it next year .. it scares me abit because I feel he’s not thinking team first here .. should be interesting when Lowry comes back if he still throws up 20 shots a game ..

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I really like Freddy vanfleet but hes going to throw up a lot of bad shots to get his max money for next year .. I’m sorry but he is NOt a max player .. he’s a good backup.. great backup .. he’s again shooting like 36-38 percent from the field this year though.. not ideal .... he’s even commenting on pascals contract in press conferences knowing it’s his turn to get it next year .. it scares me abit because I feel he’s not thinking team first here .. should be interesting when Lowry comes back if he still throws up 20 shots a game ..
Yeah, I've been weary of that too. FVV is starter quality for a point guard but he will never be a top 5 guy in the league because of how much of a mismatch he is on D. Another reason why I don't like him and Lowry on the court at the same time. He's starting to get that Isaiah Thomas strut which is not good for him or the team. "Soaking up some of that cap money" wasn't a good look on him.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I was talking and hyping up Freddy before most during the run and the job he was doing but no way is he worth that.

Sep 19, 2008
Got to admit I'm surprised the Raptors are this good without Kawhi. Still don't think they beat Boston or Milwaukee.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I feel pretty good about our chances against any team in the East that isn't Milwaukee.

Giannis is going to give his future teammates as much trouble as possible.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Yeah, I've been weary of that too. FVV is starter quality for a point guard but he will never be a top 5 guy in the league because of how much of a mismatch he is on D. Another reason why I don't like him and Lowry on the court at the same time. He's starting to get that Isaiah Thomas strut which is not good for him or the team. "Soaking up some of that cap money" wasn't a good look on him.

FVV is just average defensively, isn't a detriment and with way the defense on the Raptors is constructed, he doesn't need to be anything more. Long defenders such as OG, Siakam, Rondae, Boucher are all there for that reason. Hell, he held his own against Curry in the Finals.

What he brings on offense can't be replaced, and is desperately needed on this team. He's going to get paid, but he'll be worth every penny.

Reactions: RoryDelap

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008

FVV making the max or close to the max isn't going to affect how the rest of the team is built. Toronto is already over the luxury cap. If they don't give FVV 20 or 25 million a year, it doesn't mean they get to spend that on someone else. In all likelihood, they'll lose most of that cap space.

Just give the guy the money. The team is winning without Lowry and Ibaka, so you know the team can remain good as long as they keep the FVV/Siakam/OG/Powell core together long-term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad