NBA Toronto Raptors thread

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yup, this team is not going to compete with the East tightening up the way it has.

They might be able to pile up some regular season wins for a few seasons but no more championships with this roster.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If we get Russ we have enough depth...even if we trade 3 guys + Picks

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
So where do the Raps go from here?

I heard last week or so that if Kawhi didn't sign, Ibaka would be traded for Wiggins. Anything behind that rumor?

Reactions: LDN

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Maybe Kawhi isn't the up standing guy we've made him out to be.

I mean, he gets injured in SA and won't play even though team doctors said he was fine to play. Then says he wants to be traded to LAC. He gets traded to Toronto and his camp says SA didn't have his best interest in mind while trying to make him play so he convinces TO he needs load management. TO obliges him making his season as easy on him as possible knowing he is the only star on the team and doesn't want to be ridden into ground. By the time he gets to the playoffs he's ready to play. As the playoffs go along the team comes together and they make a rum to the Finals. With all the injuries to GS he takes advantage of the situation and leads the team to the finals win. Great season but he always new he was going to LAC and used his leverage to get them to do exactly what he wanted. He used going back to TO or going to the LAL to make LAC get PG. It prevented Toronto and LA from making any significant acquisitions all for his benefit. He only wanted to play for LAC and waited a very long time to get his wish. He had to wait until he could use his leverage. Through this whole time he kept quiet and let the media dictate the narrative. I have a feeling his injury in SA wasn't as bad as he made it out to be and the team new it but were made out to be evil so he could get his way.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Maybe Kawhi isn't the up standing guy we've made him out to be.

I mean, he gets injured in SA and won't play even though team doctors said he was fine to play. Then says he wants to be traded to LAC. He gets traded to Toronto and his camp says SA didn't have his best interest in mind while trying to make him play so he convinces TO he needs load management. TO obliges him making his season as easy on him as possible knowing he is the only star on the team and doesn't want to be ridden into ground. By the time he gets to the playoffs he's ready to play. As the playoffs go along the team comes together and they make a rum to the Finals. With all the injuries to GS he takes advantage of the situation and leads the team to the finals win. Great season but he always new he was going to LAC and used his leverage to get them to do exactly what he wanted. He used going back to TO or going to the LAL to make LAC get PG. It prevented Toronto and LA from making any significant acquisitions all for his benefit. He only wanted to play for LAC and waited a very long time to get his wish. He had to wait until he could use his leverage. Through this whole time he kept quiet and let the media dictate the narrative. I have a feeling his injury in SA wasn't as bad as he made it out to be and the team new it but were made out to be evil so he could get his way.

Everyone knew he was going to LA but still put his body on the line for a title while not healthy. How can you hate on the guy for doing what everyone said he was going to do from the start? It’s not like e say out in the playoffs for FA. He got hurt and continued to play through it. What more did you want from him?

Reactions: Roman Fell

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Everyone knew he was going to LA but still put his body on the line for a title while not healthy. How can you hate on the guy for doing what everyone said he was going to do from the start? It’s not like e say out in the playoffs for FA. He got hurt and continued to play through it. What more did you want from him?
Maybe he was trying to force his way out of SA but wants it to look like it was SA's fault. For one I thought Kawhi's "injury" in the playoffs seemed a little convenient.

I loved what he did for the team but there were many things I let slide on his way to giving us a championship. The win was the most important but now that he is gone I don't give him the benefit of the doubt with how long he let this whole thing transpire.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
When players treat the game like a business, people blame them... yet the owners do it to them all the time.

Good for Kawhi to get what he wanted. As a fan, he got me a championship I did not expect. So thank you and good luck in LA.

Why try making him the villain?

Reactions: Ivan13

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Maybe he was trying to force his way out of SA but wants it to look like it was SA's fault. For one I thought Kawhi's "injury" in the playoffs seemed a little convenient.

I loved what he did for the team but there were many things I let slide on his way to giving us a championship. The win was the most important but now that he is gone I don't give him the benefit of the doubt with how long he let this whole thing transpire.

:laugh:

Did you even watch the games? Convenient? It was obvious from watching him that he was hurt after that double overtime win. If it was “convenient” he would have sat out. But by watching him it was extremely obvious he got hurt.

Let what transpire? He signed the first day of FA and listened to 3 teams. So yeah he signed very early in FA.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
When players treat the game like a business, people blame them... yet the owners do it to them all the time.

Good for Kawhi to get what he wanted. As a fan, he got me a championship I did not expect. So thank you and good luck in LA.

Why try making him the villain?
Exactly. I love the whole “he let this drag on”. What? He signed as soon as FA starter and talked to 3 teams.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
It's the culture of the NBA. He wanted another star to play with and whichever team got that star (PG) he was going to sign with that team. Don't blame him at all as that's just how basketball is. Masai didn't want to sell the entire future of the organization to aquire PG which is smart. Reality is Toronto isn't a destination city and it never will be. Have to grow from within. This team still has a chance at Eastern Conference finals before KD and Kyrie take over the east.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Kawhi Leonard lived up to his contractual obligations and helped deliver a championship to Toronto. As a free agent, he had no obligation to return to Toronto. He listened to their pitch though regardless of whether he was going to resign or not. He made no guarantees and that was the chance Masai took when he dealt for him.

Going forward, we know the Raptors are going to be rebuilding on the fly. There's good young talent in Toronto and with four contracts worth a collective $90 million coming off the books, they've got spending capital. This is going to be a quick rebuild.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It's the culture of the NBA. He wanted another star to play with and whichever team got that star (PG) he was going to sign with that team. Don't blame him at all as that's just how basketball is. Masai didn't want to sell the entire future of the organization to aquire PG which is smart. Reality is Toronto isn't a destination city and it never will be. Have to grow from within. This team still has a chance at Eastern Conference finals before KD and Kyrie take over the east.

KD and Kyrie ain't taking over shit.

Both are moody pricks and KD will miss the entire year.

They'll feud before long. I do not believe in that pairing at all.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Kawhi did what he said he was gonna do. People can be sad or disappointed in his decision absolutely, but no one can be mad.

Though Raptor fans should be optimistic. If there's one GM i want in the driver's seat for having to figure **** out on the fly, It's Masai. He turned Denver into a contender in the brief time he was there, and turned the Raptors into a consistent force (regular season anyway) up until this playoff run.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
KD and Kyrie ain't taking over ****.

Both are moody pricks and KD will miss the entire year.

They'll feud before long. I do not believe in that pairing at all.

We will see, and that's why I said they got one more year until KD is back. I think him and Kyrie with DeAndre easily become best in the east. Unless Giannis can handle them. Pretty easy to say the title will be out west for a while though.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
We will see, and that's why I said they got one more year until KD is back. I think him and Kyrie with DeAndre easily become best in the east. Unless Giannis can handle them. Pretty easy to say the title will be out west for a while though.

You act like the Bucks are a one man team. They're easily the best team in the East, KD playing for the Nets or not.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
You act like the Bucks are a one man team. They're easily the best team in the East, KD playing for the Nets or not.

He's the only superstar as compared to two.

Kyrie >> Bledsoe
KD > Giannis
Jordan >> Pau and Lopez

We will find out though. Either way doesn't matter the east isn't beating any top team out west.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
As a Torontonian I was thrilled to see the Raps win the title for both the city and the country. That said I never did get the adulation of fans to Kawhi post-championship. While Leonard went above and beyond the call of duty on the court the NBA is a players league and outside the court Kawhi has never expressed any loyalty to his Raps teammates, the Toronto fans or anyone else that treated him as a god amongst men.

Now that he's gone it's time to thank Leonard for one of the greatest postseason performances of the modern era, appreciate the run Toronto had and express our gratitude for the guys who do love the team, the fans and the city (before Masai trades all of them away), starting with Kyle Lowry, who is arguably now the greatest Raptor of all time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad