NBA Toronto Raptors thread

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Toronto needs to add Derrick Rose. could fit him under the cap with ease and would be a perfect 6th man when Lowry and Leonard sit. The type of player Toronto is missing.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I hope Toronto goes out and gets an impact player. Their offense is still missing something. Danny Green needs to be less streaky too.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lowry was great at the start of the year but has been dreadful lately. His back is becoming too much of an issue and they can’t afford him being hurt.

But then trading him for Mike Conley, who hasn’t played a full season in almost a decade, is odd. Gasol would be a very nice upgrade to JV though.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Lol don't see a deal being done here. Conley and Gasol would be great fits alongside Leonard, but not sure they have the trade pieces to make it work. They'd need to add a lot more to Lowry and JV to get this done, and with Leonard's uncertainty, I don't see them willing to part with too many future assets.

I could see them trying to part with either Lowry or JV in a package to get Conley though. Conley woudl be a great addition for the Raptors.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Looks like Gasol is on his way to Charlotte.

Would definitely be interested in swapping Lowry for Conley, but would have to get a third team involved. Maybe Detroit?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The Raps are at the point where they need to go for it this season. If you can bring in better players you do it. Their window is this year. No one is beating GS but the East is wide open. Realistically the only way Toronto can win it all is if they bring in Davis, have Derrick Rose coming off the bench to back up Leonard, and have a motivated Vince Carter to bring it all together.

Dare to dream boys, dare to dream.

SlickShot

Feb 8, 2019
A nail biter between the Raptors and the Nets last night. Raps winning by 2 and Leonard finally makes a shot with less than 5 seconds in the game. He's been not too good at those all season long.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Has Ujiri done a presser yet for the Lin signing, or is that still in the speculation stage?

TSN is saying the buyout hasn't been completed yet so there's a slim chance this could fall through.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Has Ujiri done a presser yet for the Lin signing, or is that still in the speculation stage?

TSN is saying the buyout hasn't been completed yet so there's a slim chance this could fall through.
I don't think it'll fall through, Lin even posted a picture on instagram of him in a Raps jersey.

Reactions: Dr Pepper

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
they're going to be the 2 seed in all likelihood, 4.5 up on Indiana.

I expect them to make the conference finals in that bracket

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad