NBA Toronto Raptors thread

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Disagree. KyLo has been Toronto's best player the last two playoffs. I expect him to once again step up his game this postseason.

That really doesn’t mean anything. He was one of Toronto’s two best players and DeRozan is a perennial choker. So of course Lowry was better.

He’s a non-factor shooting the ball this season. He’s fine distributing, but he’s not a threat to score.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
I'm rooting for the Nets, Raptors, and Sixers. I'd love to see the East win it all.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
That really doesn’t mean anything. He was one of Toronto’s two best players and DeRozan is a perennial choker. So of course Lowry was better.

He’s a non-factor shooting the ball this season. He’s fine distributing, but he’s not a threat to score.
I prefer the team moving the ball around with more people getting shots than relying on Lowry and Defrozen. He just needs to find that sweet spot where he is shooting just enough to help and not be a black hole.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah keep defending Lowry everyone. He’s been a f***ing joke all season.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Yeah keep defending Lowry everyone. He’s been a ****ing joke all season.

All I keep hearing 'HE WAS PLUS 11'...

Yeah great but that doesn't mean **** if you can't score.
Laying a flat out ZERO points in a playoff game, one of the highest paid players on the team and a 5 time all star..you show up and do that?!

Unacceptable, especially since the Raptors are Lebron free in the Eastern Conference it was there time to shine and show everyone they can pull it off.

Sep 19, 2008
If there's another "Lakers over Sacramento"-type of screwjob in the works to keep the Raps out and maintain that all-American ratings bonanza, you can be sure the league will hear about it from those of us north of the border. :laugh:
biggest refereeing crisis in Canada since the Montreal screwjob :laugh: :sarcasm:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Always felt like Lowry was the issue and not DeRo.

If Toronto fizzles out yet again in this year's playoffs, Masai has a lot of work to do.....unless he gets shown the door as well.

spitsfan24

Mar 18, 2017
I definitely agree that Lowry's performance was not acceptable. I thought he had turned a corner last postseason. He shot 50% I believe

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I love how everyone overreacted to a game 1 loss and not a peep from anyone since.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Not a big basketball fan but watch from time to time. NBA officials are the worst of all professional sport. Christ WWE officials are more aware. These jackasses miss calls all over the court and then call phantom calls on the tiniest touches and they always look so stunned like they don't understand what happened or can't explain it to the coaches. I would hate to be an NBA coach as would punch one of these fools.

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
You Toronto fans ready for your team to take another big series L? First the Leafs to the Bruins (again). Next the Raptors (again).

LeBron is typically the Raptors' boogeyman, now it's Jimmy Buckets, Embiid and Ben Simmons.

Trust the process.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Trust the process? You mean like when you guys fired the GM who made this all possible half-way through the "process"?

Doesn't seem like there was much "trust" at all.

You mean the GM the NBA was "embarrassed" by even though teams were tanking for years just not as open about, so they forced the Colangelos upon the team, to the point where said GM resigned because he was being undermined?

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Trust the process? You mean like when you guys fired the GM who made this all possible half-way through the "process"?

Doesn't seem like there was much "trust" at all.

Hinkie wasn’t fired. The league forced Jerry Colangelo on us, then he brought in his boy, and Hinkie said “seeya”. Can’t blame him. If the league had stayed out of it Hinkie might very well still be the GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->