Sportsnet: Toronto interested in Bernier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
IF we are giving a first and frattin for bernier..I'll be upset unless we get a good prospect like Toffoli or something. Even though I'd hope we somehow get a first rounder in this draft as it's a pretty freaking awesome draft.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
The guy that edge was responding to said exactly that...

The glove hand argument is getting really weak. Every player shoots for the glove hand on every goalie, not just Reimer. They do it because it has a higher chance of going in because most goalies use the Butterfly. Judging from your statement I guess that wouldn't want Crawford on your team and that Bernier is better than him as well? I would also like to know how you know that Bernier doesn't have a weak glove hand? I highly doubt that you've watched him extensively to form this conclusion, you're just basing your opinion off of hype and draft position like most others in this thread.

I do agree that it would be nice to have another good goalie for "insurance", but I disagree that Bernier has so much more potential. They're the same age and Reimer has already shown so much more then Bernier. While you could argue that he hasn't been given the opportunity to show that he could be better, you could also argue that he also hasn't played enough to notice the flaws in his game.

Agreed.

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2013/5/3/4297160/henrik-lundqvist-has-a-weak-glove-hand

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Exactly.

For the record, although Reimer played very well at times in the first round, he also let in several weak goals throughout the series, and he bares a great deal of responsibility for the collapse in game seven. I can't help but wonder if a goaltender with more composure and a better grasp of basic fundamentals would have gotten us past the Bruins. We were the better team overall, we generated more quality scoring chances, and we still lost.

I'm sorry, but it needs to be stated, and I'm glad that management is cognisant of the need to upgrade in goal.
I agree. His rebound control, his reliance on size rather than intelligence, and lack of calmness suggests that we need to improve on this end. I'm not suggesting that we trade him ( Riem has great potential), but at least run a 1A/1B tandem and see which one works best during the playoffs. If we can acquire Bernier at a decent price, I'd go for it.

PemIceKing

Dec 23, 2011
IF we are giving a first and frattin for bernier..I'll be upset unless we get a good prospect like Toffoli or something. Even though I'd hope we somehow get a first rounder in this draft as it's a pretty freaking awesome draft.

or Brown.....

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 59m

PHI considered favourite for Bernier if that's what Flyers want to do, but they have told LA Couturier not available...

eliott friedman says philly has the best package so far (on HNIC). so looks like the leafs were used for page views eh?

Number13

May 21, 2007
eliott friedman says philly has the best package so far (on HNIC). so looks like the leafs were used for page views eh?

Well the bottom line is that Philly needs him more, the Leafs trust Reimer wayyy more than Philly trusts Mason.

snizzbone*

Frattin is not a valuable assest...

Maybe not as valuable as the 1st, but he is still a valuable asset. He's a young NHL forward who has not reached his ceiling. He could easily slot into a 2nd line RW spot. Just needs to not have his knee get messed up more.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
back to russia now or someone gonna go for him is the question or trade? things are interesting.

trade is out of the question. horrible contract. buyout will happen. i wouldn't mind getting bryz as the back up for reims. i mean hes going to be hilarious in HBO's 24/7. :laugh:

realistically i can see him heading out to edmonton. maybe even minny as well.

glasses91

Jul 10, 2012
Steelheads!?
If Philly has Bernier and Mason that's pretty scary. However, If we have Reimer and Bernier were the intimidators. It's just now I have this phobia of trading draft picks for some reason.:sarcasm:

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Seriously, philly is the worst place for a goaltender to go.

Look what happened to Bryzgalov, and Bobrovsky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille