Pre-Game Talk: Toronto in Vegas. November 19th 2019 - 10pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigFour

Apr 17, 2019
why not try dermott in the top 4? i get he is a LHD, but this is the season to see what you have in him especially knowing the situation for next year.
i just dont get it.

Reactions: The Podium

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Glad he finally changed something on the backend.

Now change the forwards:

Hyman Matthews Nylander
Johnsson Tavares Kapanen
Mikheyev Spezza Petan
Timashov Gauthier Engvall

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012

Hey changes. A few months late.

Needed changes.

Barrie is getting demoted to play almost the softest QoC in the league down with Dermott to see if it will turn around his game.

Muzzin/Ceci will be our defacto first pairing and play the tough minutes against while Rielly will get a break from hard matchups with Holl who has shown the ability to play second pairing QoC.

Pretty much makes sense.

Kind of feels like when Gards and Dermott went down with injury last year only Barrie is playing worse than bad back Gards and busted shoulder Dermott combined.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
why not try dermott in the top 4? i get he is a LHD, but this is the season to see what you have in him especially knowing the situation for next year.
i just dont get it.

Dermott may be the perfect guy to help Barrie right now. Solid two way game this year against weaker comp. Will be interesting to see how Barrie performs compared to Holl with Dermott.

Reactions: TheBigFour

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
i just dont get it.
Do you know who coaches this team? Mike fricking Babcock. If a player is left handed there is no way he could play the right side. Babcock knows hockey, the leafs will play Babcock hockey and all will be well

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Character guys, that’s the bottom line. Everything else is noise, show some pride....

A5443A4E-8222-403F-87E8-C7A3227C49FC.jpeg

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Low key hope Ryan Reaves levels someone. Not injure them. Just a clean hard hit.

See if it gets some sort of response.

Probably not.

We should call up Ben Harpur. If we are gonna be ****. Might as well have a **** player who will punch someone.

Maybe we can sign Clune from the Marlies too

lmao JT gets rocked every game now so it'll probably be him.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
tyson barrie should be Scratched, not an NHL D..., well at least they moved him to the third pairing, not sure this guy is any good?

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
35-17-8

That’s the record we need to hit 100 points.

We SQUEAKED into the playoffs last season with 100 points.

Not good.

All they need to do is go on a 15 game winning streak and just play a little over 500 the rest of the way. Just stick to the process.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I hope Dubas doesn’’t cut the cord on Babs immediately. A lot of this falls on players not playing to their abilities, showing zero heart, and basically skating around to collect a paycheque. It’s embarrassing for them the most.

Dubas needs to send the message, loud and clear, that the inmates don’t run the asylum. These guys haven’t earned ****. They need to start playing with some pride, and to a level near their salaries. Firing the coach, when a team is playing the way our’s is, doesn’t solve your problem. At some point, you have to hold the guys on the ice accountable.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
We might actually win this one. Vegas is one of the few teams who ices the puck more than us and punishes icings less (they don't score, force you to take a penalty, force you to ice the puck again). Expect a game with no consistent pace, a ton of whistles, and two underperforming teams trading rush chances to try to get their confidence back.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
TF does this mean? The ego on this guy, damn.

You have to admire the man :laugh:
The unearned self confidence is spectacular

Good to see Holl getting a bigger opportunity, the guys deserved it
Same with Barrie, he deserves this demotion, now play better

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Low key hope Ryan Reaves levels someone. Not injure them. Just a clean hard hit.

See if it gets some sort of response.

Probably not.

We should call up Ben Harpur. If we are gonna be ****. Might as well have a **** player who will punch someone.

Maybe we can sign Clune from the Marlies too
You spelt Clown wrong.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I wonder how the team meeting is going at the "Craps" table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad