Pre-Game Talk: Toronto in Vegas. November 19th 2019 - 10pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Here are some statistics. Historically we play very well vs Vegas:
Toronto Maple Leafs - Vegas Golden Knights Head to Head Statistics Games, Hockey Results - Hockey Database Wettpoint

pfh2.gif
Head to Head Statistics : Toronto Maple Leafs and Vegas Golden Knights Year 2019

The Hockey Teams Toronto Maple Leafs and Vegas Golden Knights played 5 Games up to today.
In this Games the Teams made a average of 6.4 Goals per Match.
Toronto Maple Leafs Vegas Golden Knights
Win41
Loss14
Draws00
Wins OT10
Losses OT01
Wins PS10
Losses PS01
Ø Goals per Match3.62.8
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

pfh2.gif
Head to Head Statistics : Toronto Maple Leafs and Vegas Golden Knights Year 2018

The Hockey Teams Toronto Maple Leafs and Vegas Golden Knights played 2 Games up to today.
In this Games the Teams made a average of 6.5 Goals per Match.
Win11
Loss11
Draws00
Wins OT00
Losses OT00
Wins PS00
Losses PS00
Ø Goals per Match33.5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

pfh2.gif
Head to Head Statistics : Toronto Maple Leafs and Vegas Golden Knights Year 2017

The Hockey Teams Toronto Maple Leafs and Vegas Golden Knights played 1 Games up to today.
In this Games the Teams made a average of 7 Goals per Match.
Win10
Loss01
Draws00
Wins OT00
Losses OT00
Wins PS10
Losses PS01
Ø Goals per Match43
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

TheBigFour

Apr 17, 2019
why do people always say leafs are smurfs? Their average height is 6'1 which is common for most teams in the nhl. people say that caps are all big and heavy but their average height is exactly the same as the leafs and leafs actually weight more ( in average weight).
they definitely soft but their roster is fine when using measurements of players.

people have serious obsession with size.

Reactions: stickty111

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
why do people always say leafs are smurfs? Their average height is 6'1 which is common for most teams in the nhl. people say that caps are all big and heavy but their average height is exactly the same as the leafs and leafs actually weight more ( in average weight).
they definitely soft but their roster is fine when using measurements of players.

I don't know that people always say that, I've never heard it.
If you have you seem to know the answer as to why.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

the leafs have always been known to pad player size WWE style.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I can't remember when last this happened. It's too late for me to watch so usually I'd think, hmm maybe I'll record the game and avoid finding the results at work the next day and watch it when I get home. Today however, I really don't care.

I can't remember the last time I had this little interest in watching a game, probably some time in the late 80's.

Last edited:

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Can the Toronto Maple Leafs break out of this slump?

Something needs to give here, and it appears it has. The Leafs are testing new practice pairs in advance of the Vegas game on Tuesday night:
Rielly – Ceci/Holl
Muzzin – Ceci/Holl
Dermott – Barrie
This is a major shift on the right side. The rationale probably went something like this:
  1. The Muzzin – Barrie pair was struggling badly and had to be fixed, largely due to Tyson Barrie’s play.
  2. Tyson Barrie is demoted to the third pair as a result of his play, which I think lines up with the advanced statistics I have been talking about.
  3. Justin Holl’s defensive game has earned him a promotion to the top four and he is right handed, so that likely that played into the choice over Travis Dermott.
  4. Cody Ceci is getting tested beside Jake Muzzin more as a possible solution than as a demotion. The coaching staff will decide which partner Ceci and Holl will pair up with.
On the surface, I like this move, although I have to say I am uncertain as to whether moving Holl up from a more sheltered role won’t carry some risks. He will be facing a regular dose of top opponents with either Rielly or Muzzin.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Curious to see Barrie on the third line. He's a skilled player and he should benefit from weaker match-ups. He and Dermott should be dangerous offensively.
generally when a player is struggling, especially to create offense, giving them a worse partner and worse forwards and fewer minutes isn't going to get them going

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Last year's draft. Everyone of the players he drafted is 5'11 and under. 3 of them are 5'9. Some of those heights are generous. They are actually shorter.
He's setting up this team to be smurfs and soft for years to come

Excel projections tells him so
Why do you insult Dubas, by mocking him using stuff like this.
And no he doesn't use excel to make decisions. I think Lou uses 1900's ideologies to make decisions.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
The leaf thing to do here is they go on a winning streak here. Save babcock. Make the playoffs. Lose in 1st round. People say that we should give babcock another chance since HE turned it around.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Reactions: SprDaVE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->