Pre-Game Talk: Toronto in Vegas. November 19th 2019 - 10pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Cody Glass and Eakins both use their size. They play their roles well. I never insisted they were tough
Thats because Gallant motivates them, which Babcock can't.
The lack of grittyness is on Babcock, not Dubas.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Why do you insult Dubas, by mocking him using stuff like this.
And no he doesn't use excel to make decisions. I think Lou uses 1900's ideologies to make decisions.

Probably because none of them know how to use Excel and just think it is a spreadsheet tool.

Reactions: stickty111

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
I can't remember when last this happened. It's too late for me to watch so usually I'd think, hmm maybe I'll record the game and avoid finding the results at work the next day and watch it when I get home. Today however, I really don't care.

I can't remember the last time I had this little interest in watching a game, probably some time in the late 80's.

I agree. Normally i care so much and have to watch every game. if I cant, I try to avoid spoilers. Lately I dont care at all.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Detroit under Babcock was:

25th, 24th, 22nd, 7th, 18th, 24th, 28th, 25th in hits. Detroit had Babcock's dream bottom-6 grinders and he managed TWO years outside of the bottom-10 in hits.

I think people are confused about where the softness comes from.

He's totally stifling William "Oglethorpe" Nylander.

Reactions: Erdinger

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I kinda feel bad for the Leafs fans who spent money to go to Vegas and paid for tickets for this game.
Stupid is as stupid does! After over a year of this Leafs shit show, you'd think there would be NO Leaf fans showing up anywehere.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Not that the other teams are burning it up with fighting majors, but according to hockeyfights.com the Leafs are now the only team without at least one regular season fighting major in the NHL.
Wussies in charge, wussies on the ice too!

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I can't remember when last this happened. It's too late for me to watch so usually I'd think, hmm maybe I'll record the game and avoid finding the results at work the next day and watch it when I get home. Today however, I really don't care.

I can't remember the last time I had this little interest in watching a game, probably some time in the late 80's.

Yup between another first round exit, the contract stuff, and the sub-par efforts on most nights, it's all become tiresome. With the same "We need to be better" bs

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Looking at the Marlies championship team from a couple seasons ago, there are a few players that had the grit factor.
Ben Smith
Mason Marchment(Dubas signing)
Colin Greening
Vincent Loverde(Dubas signing)
Andreas Borgman

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Looking at the Marlies championship team from a couple seasons ago, there are a few players that had the grit factor.
Ben Smith
Mason Marchment(Dubas signing)
Colin Greening
Vincent Loverde(Dubas signing)
Andreas Borgman

Then added Wilson, Agostino, Harpur, Gravel, etc. for this year.

Reactions: stickty111

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
generally when a player is struggling, especially to create offense, giving them a worse partner and worse forwards and fewer minutes isn't going to get them going

They also play against weaker competition, i'm just happy to see some changes. This team is too talented to be struggling like this.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I can't remember when the last this happened. It's too late for me to watch so usually I'd think, hmm maybe I'll record the game and avoid finding the results at work the next day and watch it when I get home. Today however, I really don't care.

I hate to say it... but I'm there too.

I still think they can turn things around, but everytime I think they'll come out with some heart, or even just a little, they're a huge let down.

This team needs a Tucker, or a Clark like no other. With a little Gary Roberts sprinkled in.

They play like a bunch of guys already beat before the games start... and they're freaking 500 still.... all the talent... with little to no effort, or heart. I don't know how you teach that.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I have no excuse to miss late games. I work from home and can still get 7-8 hours sleep.

You guys that get up at 5 AM are the lucky ones this week!

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Nah. Mebbe the 1st game with our new coach would be a good time though.

I'm sorry, I absolutely hate this mentality.

Unless you have no talent on the roster (ala 2016), you should be absolutely hoping the Leafs string together a few wins.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm sorry, I absolutely hate this mentality.

Unless you have no talent on the roster (ala 2016), you should be absolutely hoping the Leafs string together a few wins.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that I'm not hoping we win every single game we play.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I'm not sure where you got the idea that I'm not hoping we win every single game we play.

Well, then what DOES your post mean, then?

Although our GDTs obviously don't dictate the success of our team, its a fun little thing around here. In the past, we've done reverse GDTs (primarily Cor, IIRC) in the hopes that our fortunes would turn around. Thats all I was suggesting, and you shot it down... why exactly??

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Haha, that burned!!! :D Fleury has traditionally been strong against the Leafs, unfortunately. :(

I wouldn’t consider a 3.00 GAA and .897 SV%, “strong”. In fact, there are only 3 or 4 teams he’s been worse against in his career.

Having said that, Malcolm Subban almost shut them out, earlier this year, so who the f*** knows with this team.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Well, then what DOES your post mean, then?

Just what is says.

Although our GDTs obviously don't dictate the success of our team, its a fun little thing around here. In the past, we've done reverse GDTs (primarily Cor, IIRC) in the hopes that our fortunes would turn around. Thats all I was suggesting, and you shot it down... why exactly??

We all hope that things turn around. Thinking a GDT will have any effect on what happens though is delusional. As long as we're just having fun with it though, I'd save Cor's reverse GDT's for games that are really important.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Leafs are about to get drilled again, against a bigger, more physical team. VGK outplayed the Leafs last game and it will be much worse tonight. The only hope that the Leafs have is that VGK are looking ahead to their meeting with San Jose on Thursday (best rivalry in the league). I doubt VGK will look ahead because every team in the league wants to humiliate this organization right now. That's what happens when you are arrogant and have won absolutely nothing.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Just what is says.

We all hope that things turn around. Thinking a GDT will have any effect on what happens though is delusional. As long as we're just having fun with it though, I'd save Cor's reverse GDT's for games that are really important.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad