Toronto/Florida only teams in NHL to not win a playoff series in salary cap era

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Did the Leafs all of a sudden stop drafting and developing (Sandin, Lily, Bracco, etc) and did we stop looking at free wallets in the Euro leagues?

We have talent in the pipeline, and we still have no idea what MM will sign for, we can only guess what he is feeling.

BUT Babcock needs to go for sure.

No, of course we have some decent prospects and will continue to draft.

But, the chances of another Matthews or Marner falling in our lap are not high given that we will draft towards the bottom. And, based on what we can see at this point, we don't have a Matthews/Marner level ELC currently in the pipeline either.

Reactions: razor ray and DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Even though I relish in your loss, I was pretty mad at the minutes he gave Matthews.

Not even minutes

Defensive zone faceoffs
Rolling of lines/hard matching too much and killing players rhythm.
PP/PK adjustments
Goalie pulls

I mean the list goes on and on. The guy would rather lose his way than try another way and win.

Hooby Dooby Doo

Jun 6, 2018
No it's just "that". There is no "and". They have yet to play real hockey down here, can't know if there are any fans or not.
There's too much stuff to do. People are not going to forsake everything to see a team with no direction suck year after year with no legit success and none in sight, for 26 years of their 26 year existence.
A team getting their brains beat out for 26 years is not hockey. Hockey hasn't arrived here yet.
Hence our marketing slogan.

25 years and were just getting started

Reactions: MPGA

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
The fans still pack the place. People still enjoy watching them play. It is entertainment after all.

Just like Toronto West...er...I mean Edmonton. ;)

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Did the Leafs all of a sudden stop drafting and developing (Sandin, Lily, Bracco, etc) and did we stop looking at free wallets in the Euro leagues?

We have talent in the pipeline, and we still have no idea what MM will sign for, we can only guess what he is feeling.

BUT Babcock needs to go for sure.

I'm talking about the next season or two. Not sure it would be prudent for a supposed cup contender to be relying on 19 and 20 year old rookie defensemen to win the cup. That usually doesn't work out well. Who knows though I guess.

Bracco would have a good shot of being productive/carving out a nice role right out of the gate.

Reactions: DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I'm talking about the next season or two. Not sure it would be prudent for a supposed cup contender to be relying on 19 and 20 year old rookie defensemen to win the cup. That usually doesn't work out well. Who knows though I guess.

Bracco would have a good shot of being productive/carving out a nice role right out of the gate.

Oh my bad!

Yeah, next season will see a bit of regression I believe, but after that we should be in a much better position.

I think we will also see the cap rise, and we will have money coming off the books.

But the coaching is terrible, our special teams were a joke. We won't ever win with this coaching staff.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Idk what's worse, being an irrelevant dumpster fire, or a dumpster fire in the spot light. Personally, I kinda enjoy sucking in peace. Nobody thinks about our ineptitude. Can't imagine it's fun being a Leaf fan and hearing crap in the media and on here all the time. Although I will say I'd love for the Panthers to have 3 first round exits in 3 years. That would be a significant improvement.

Reactions: dukeofjive

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
Florida will win a series next year, lots of good young players and rumoured to be in on Bobrosky and Panarin.

I thought this year was the year for the Maple Leafs, I don't see them as a playoff team next year, tough to win with out defense. They have a couple of ok pieces in Marner and Matthews but they also have a few bad contracts to sort out. And I doubt they have another season with such little injuries moving forward.

Reactions: Snowman

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Heat draw decently, but they also have 2 titles in the last decade (plus this was Wade's last season). Panthers, Marlins, Dolphins? What have they done recently? Zip.
Again, why is it sad? They prefer college sports. And it's a big soccer market. Soccer the 4th, soon to be the 3rd, largest spectator sport in the country.

To each their own

Last edited:

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Again, why is it sad? They prefer college sports. And it's a big soccer market. Soccer the 4th, soon to be the 3rd, largest spectator sport in the country.

To each their own

Sad because we're blessed down here with a team in every major sport, but most people here will only care to show when we are winning. Doesn't help though that the Panthers and Marlins have been terrible forever of course....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad