Toronto/Florida only teams in NHL to not win a playoff series in salary cap era

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
So if given the choice you’d rather have had the leafs have a mediocre playoff run where the “chance” at winning the cup existed over drafting Matthews?
I would if we already had 4 #1 picks + other top selections all in recent memory.

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
Great, how many do the Jets have in the last 100 years?

Pretty much this. I love when fans from loser cities like Winnipeg try to chirp the Leafs about 1967 when they haven't won a f***ing thing themselves. Of course he'll chime back in and say they didn't have a team for most of that time but then you have to ask yourself why is that? Weren't part of the Original Six and lost a team to Arizona of all places. What's that say about Winnipeg?

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
No, they don't.
Last game I went to vs broncos was packed. Attendance metrics available online measure over 100% capacity average for the past two years. Of course one can argue tickets sold is not ticket used. But the tickets are sold. Which means the game sold out. Thanks.

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Great, now let's do Stanley Cups.

If your referring to Toronto they won (all but 1) of their cups when their were only 6 teams in the league. When your odds are 1 in 6 every year.....good chance you win a few cups. The other cup was won when they just added 6 more expansion teams into the league so 12 teams.

I think its a surprising stat for an organization like Toronto that basically prints money and is Mecca for hockey in North America.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Last game I went to vs broncos was packed. Attendance metrics available online measure over 100% capacity average for the past two years. Of course one can argue tickets sold is not ticket used. But the tickets are sold. Which means the game sold out. Thanks.

You are WELCOME. And I admit that I misread the post. It says "sell out". That does not mean fans in attendance. I stand corrected. But you can't tell me that the Dolphins have an actual "fans in attendance" sell out all the time. My brother had season tickets for years and the stands were empty a lot. There are a lot of fans that would rather go to the beach, or the Everglades, or even a bar than sitting in the hot sun and watch the Dolphins (I would rather go to the game.)

Reactions: drktmplr12

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Pretty much this. I love when fans from loser cities like Winnipeg try to chirp the Leafs about 1967 when they haven't won a ****ing thing themselves. Of course he'll chime back in and say they didn't have a team for most of that time but then you have to ask yourself why is that? Weren't part of the Original Six and lost a team to Arizona of all places. What's that say about Winnipeg?
I love when fans from teams brag about accomplishments that happened 50+ years ago as if they are proud of winning some hockey games back in the 60's. Martin Luther King was still alive the last time the Leafs won a cup

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I respect your candor. Yet for some reason the Toronto media likes to bully the rest of the country and act like everyone and their mother should join them. Oh and then when they dont they try and sew disharmony in cities like Edmonton "wishing" Mcdavid to demand a trade.

Hard to empathize with such a club.

If you said was true.
The truth is NO ONE IS FROM HERE, many, many examples of people stating they're aren't fans.
Who chose the Leafs to do anything this year? Not even f***ing O'Neill.

As usual no clue on the Toronto media.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad