GDT: Toronto @ Detroit, Saturday September 29, 7:00 PM, Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'd like to give our coaches more credit than that. Dermott was a legitimately good NHLer for 44 games last season while Rosen was in the minors. a few preseason games shouldn't change that

and still a rookie, and still could have/should have earned his spot in the line up. i don't thinkk it should have just been handed to him.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Burke was with Calgary when Gaudreau was going through his contract negotiation. Gaudreau's agent is the same agent as Nylander.

Burke stated that during the negotiations, Gaudreau's agent was making ridiculous requests that the Flames didn't make public to try to protect Gaudreau from the fans.

Burke says that the day before the season was going to start (when Gaudreau would start losing money), the agent contacted the Flames and began to actually negotiate a realistic contract. They got the contract signed quite quickly at that point.

He said to expect the same with Willie.

Right now, the negotiating doesn't cost Nylander any money. They can continue to try to scratch and claw from his end for a few extra bucks. When the threat of losing money gets closer, we should see some movement.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Maybe he is lucky and the team is in the process of trading him to a team that is going to give him an opportunity.

Or he could be playing in a Marlie preseason game right now, probably on the top line getting PP minutes

Why Lilly wasn't sent down sooner I'll never understand

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
i'm assuming they scored...

i'm not watching the game but i heard the goal horn go off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad