Post-Game Talk: Toronto 2 Devils 1 - The I hate the SO edition

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think Larsson has relished making up for Gelinas D zone gaffs he has at times. He likes being the senior partner, that seems to be upping his confidence.

Seems Larsson was making up for Greene as well. We thought it was the other way around, but Greene has lost it since he lost Larsson. But I understand what you're saying. I know this is way way way off in the future, but this kind of attribute would make him a good coach someday.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
No one has scored less goals than them in the West. Though they've still got more goals than us.

We also have better goaltending than their no name guy.

I would say the preds and devils are even teams.

The preds might find it easier to play the devils considering they are in a tougher conference.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If we beat Nashville then this was a successful back to back as winning after getting 3 out of 4 points on the road isn't bad

Need to knock out a few wins though.

I'll consider it a success if we beat Nashville. This loss is normally something you shouldn't have any shame in, but the problem is that it happens TOO MUCH with this team. I literally feel like we just watched this game against Vancouver a couple weeks ago.

For the love of god please never put Henrique in a shootout again. He is the epitome of a bad shootout player. Most guys as bad as him in the shootout don't keep getting put in them. Would have rather seen Tedenby in there. At least it would be something new. No more Zajac either. Don't wanna see either of those two unless we're in round 6 or 7.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Yeah that's the biggest factor really.

0 goals against Pittsburgh - we certainly got Fleury going, he's played well since
2 goals against Vancouver
0 goals against Winnipeg - total team no-show
4 goals against NYR - they were a garbage fire at the time
1 goal against CBJ - well I can't explain that one, other than another no-show
2 goals against Vancouver
0 goals against Minnesota - everyone knew this would be a disaster after Philly
1 goal against Toronto

10 goals in 7 games plus three OT's.

Yup,

Not making a goalie debate but Brodeur's opponents outside of Boston....

Islanders, Flames, Oilers, Sens, Flyers 2x

Maybe throw the isles and sens as "average"

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
No one has scored less goals than them in the West. Though they've still got more goals than us.

We also have better goaltending than their no name guy.

We get Elias back I think we win. The full power play unit with Gelly added was looking good. Elias is obviously a big loss there. Getting the special teams dangerous again will help.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We get Elias back I think we win. The full power play unit with Gelly added was looking good. Elias is obviously a big loss there. Getting the special teams dangerous again will help.

We better beat Nashville whether Elias is back or not. But I really do hope he is back.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Nashville just got murdered by Winnipeg 5-0. Getting blown out by Winnipeg is BAD (In before one of their pompous fans come in here to defend their honor and tell us how they are a good team) but we got shutout by them too, with Nascar driver Juan Pablo Montoya in net.:laugh:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'll go ahead and say it - Elias leaving us will hurt more than Marty, Stevens, Dano, Neidermayer, Rafalski, Parise, Kovalchuk, or any other player leaving us has hurt before.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'll go ahead and say it - Elias leaving us will hurt more than Marty, Stevens, Dano, Neidermayer, Rafalski, Parise, Kovalchuk, or any other player leaving us has hurt before.

Unless Lou finds a replacement I agree

We have nothing close anywhere to replace the hockey smarts and pure creativity Elias has and brings. Never mind all the intangibles.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Losing Elias'll hurt because it'll be the final straw. But they're going on three straight playoff-less seasons without Parise (including '10-11 where he was never 100% and barely played) I'd say that hurt pretty bad.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Tell Jags he's 4th.
Give Loktionov, Brunner, Tedenby a fudging chance.

Brunner wasn't any good either the couple of attempts he had this year, he's like 2-9. I'll roll with Loik, Tedenby, Zidlicky...at least give two of them a shot the next time :P Tedenby'll probably be scratched or gone by the next time anyway so it's gotta be Loik, Zidlicky and probably Elias.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Brunner wasn't any good either the couple of attempts he had this year, he's like 2-9. I'll roll with Loik, Tedenby, Zidlicky...at least give two of them a shot the next time :P Tedenby'll probably be scratched or gone by the next time anyway so it's gotta be Loik, Zidlicky and probably Elias.

That's the problem. No one has looked any good in there chances this year or ever really.

Plus we don't know who is scoring on the breakaway drills in practice and who isn't. Why personally I'm not sweating it much. Without a clear goal scorer the shootout is a crap shoot.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know what Leafs fans problem is. When you get outplayed that BADLY you're bound to have weird breaks like your goalie scoring an own goal on himself.

You just never know what this team. They could come our against Nashville with a BAD effort like last weekends Flyers and Wild games.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Some Leafs fans are pretty irritating. Jets fans are some of the worst I've encountered so far.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Man just watching Henrique's shootout attempt again.:facepalm: Henrique is just beyond bad at shootouts. Career numbers are like 1 for 8. You got a better chance of Harrold or Volchenkov scoring in the shootout.

There's no reason to put him in the top 3 ever again, or even the top 6 or 7 unless half the team got food poisoning and are out of the game.

There is really no justification to use him anymore unless there is a weird set of circumstances. Like a really long shootout or half the team out of the game.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Hopefully the Devils can draft another Elias somewhere in the next coming years. not optimistic about the future in anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad