Post-Game Talk: Toronto 2 Devils 1 - The I hate the SO edition

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I was one of Larsson's biggest doubters a few weeks ago but he looks fantastic lately. Idk if he has something special with Gelly or if he just doesn't give a **** about Deboer anymore and is just playing loose now. Whatever he's doing he looks amazing. That pairing can really do it all. If they can both become more like each other(Gelly improve the d, Larsson the o) that's a perfect pairing.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Gio shouldn't be out PKing but at least in comparison to Henrique and Zidicky, he attempted to keep up with Kessel

He did try, he always tries. He is just not good enough. Would have liked to see him protecting ice instead of chasing someone like that but Zid is the worst offender there getting caught way too far right and standing still at that. Henrique is not really doing much wrong.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
He did try, he always tries. He is just not good enough. Would have liked to see him protecting ice instead of chasing someone like that but Zid is the worst offender there getting caught way too far right and standing still at that. Henrique is not really doing much wrong.

Zidlicky's attempt was awful, no need to discuss that

But Henrique is looking at Zidlicky across from him by a gap with one of the fastest skaters in the league breaking through, and all Henrique does instead of trying to take an angle and pressure Kessel to help Zidlicky out, is give some half assed reach - Gio friggen did everything he could the whole length of the play even to the end where he dove to do something and you have Henrique watching in the passenger seat, hell even Volchenkov who isn't the fastest guy in the world does everything he can to try to even get into stopping the play from a far out angle

Watching Henrique on this absolutely drives me mad

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
that just looks like a horrendous play by zids to me. im not sure what henrique could've done

At least make an attempt to stop him? Just like every other Devil on the ice did except for him, regardless of where they were

As bad as Zids was, at least he even made an attempted hook

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We took way too many penalties last night and overall played well, but when you take that many, one is bound to bite you in the ass and it was embarrassing how they just watched him

I agree. It was a bad play but with that many penalty mins a mistake was bound to happen. PK still had an overall solid game.

The kill in the first was huge and a big reason we got a point out of this one. Whole game had the makings of getting nothing.

I'll take 3 out of 4 points if we can build on it Sunday.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Seems to me that Zidlicky is biting on Kessel's fake move to chip the puck via the boards, it's a brilliant individual effort on that goal.

Still think Gionta should know better than chasing the puck, he should know that move could easily put him on the wrong side of the puck. As for Henrique I can't see how he can manage to angle him without a massive interference call. There is no way he can do that with the speed Kessel has coming in.

Had Gionta protected ice instead of deer hunting like a fool, his d man could have had the freedom to come down deeper and Kessel wouldn't have all that space.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I agree. It was a bad play but with that many penalty mins a mistake was bound to happen. PK still had an overall solid game.

The kill in the first was huge and a big reason we got a point out of this one. Whole game had the makings of getting nothing.

I'll take 3 out of 4 points if we can build on it Sunday.

We played one of the best games of our season last night and for that reason it is frustrating not to come away with 2pts

Seems to me that Zidlicky is biting on Kessel's fake move to chip the puck via the boards, it's a brilliant individual effort on that goal.

Still think Gionta should know better than chasing the puck, he should know that move could easily put him on the wrong side of the puck. As for Henrique I can't see how he can manage to angle him without a massive interference call. There is no way he can do that with the speed Kessel has coming in.

Had Gionta protected ice instead of deer hunting like a fool, his d man could have had the freedom to come down deeper and Kessel wouldn't have all that space.

What I meant by angle was cut Kessel off and get in his lane, which would have essentially 'trapped' him and forced a turnover or dump

Henrique didn't really move at all and there is no excuse for watching a player just skate by you when everybody else on the ice is going for that guy

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Gio has a huge heart and is a tough and feisty SOB.

But he should not be out there on the pk.

Pete should know better.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zidlicky should NEVER be on the PK. I understand it during the double minor yesterday and then the Harrold penalty. That's like 5+ minutes of PK time and you have to use a lot of guys. He should never be out there on a 2 minute minor. Especially when there was no kill recently before that.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
He should play Larsson more on the PK. But no Larsson is 20 and that doesn't work in Pete's eyes.

Why not play Larsson more on the PP? Larsson is the best defenseman on this team at keeping pucks in. And it's not like the current formation is working well.

They try the same **** over and over again and it never works and they never adjust.

NJDevils1

May 14, 2010
He should play Larsson more on the PK. But no Larsson is 20 and that doesn't work in Pete's eyes.

Why not play Larsson more on the PP? Larsson is the best defenseman on this team at keeping pucks in. And it's not like the current formation is working well.

They try the same **** over and over again and it never works and they never adjust.

Does anyone have that gif of Larsson in his first year I believe keeping the puck in the o-zone using one hand on his stick and going through his legs. That was so sexy

edit: nvm found it
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...a=X&ei=zpZ-UtrkKKvIsAT-7YGIBg&ved=0CDAQ9QEwAQ

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Gionta shouldn't be iced when everyone is healthy let alone the PK.

But he will and probably get 15 minutes.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
what a joke that leafs team is diving for every call they can sponge out the zebras, what an embarrassing display....... devils should have won this one... too bad theres no finish.

schneider played amazing. jagr and zajac looked good despite not getting on the score sheet and leafs fans still act like they won the cup after each win (doesent matter if its in the shootout or were outplayed....they just won the cup)

although i did overhear a couple of knowledgeable fans going on about how good this gelinas guy looks like............not a whole lot of devils fans at this one (there seemed more the last game i saw there)

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
tumblr_mw0ipc25Cv1s98xa9o1_1280.jpg

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
what a joke that leafs team is diving for every call they can sponge out the zebras, what an embarrassing display....... devils should have won this one... too bad theres no finish.

schneider played amazing. jagr and zajac looked good despite not getting on the score sheet and leafs fans still act like they won the cup after each win (doesent matter if its in the shootout or were outplayed....they just won the cup)

although i did overhear a couple of knowledgeable fans going on about how good this gelinas guy looks like............not a whole lot of devils fans at this one (there seemed more the last game i saw there)

He had to get used to skating on the hurt ankle and the boot but once he did he continued to impress.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Every post from that person is a video.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino