Player Discussion Torey Krug VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think it’s safe to say it’s the end of Krug in Boston. He’s a warrior but won’t be worth the money he’ll command and they really need to start getting bigger on the backend.
Love Krug as a player, but sometimes you just can't spend the money to keep a guy. Hope he gets absolutely paid$$$ somewhere else.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe despite being a leftie, Brodie plays almost exclusively on the right side. Probably not a deal breaker

Jeesh, did anyone bother to edit this thing?

Drew Daughty
Brent Seabook

:facepalm:

I disagree with a lot of the article to be honest. The Bruins can handle Krug at 7.5. That's been discussed ad nauseam...but overall though, it seems that piece is in favor of sacrificing the team today to be better off down the road. That's where I really disagree. We did this already once before with Johnny Boychuk and it took the Bruins 3 years to get back to form....at least we got something in return for him (That too was claimed to be the first move of a parlay to solve holes in the Bruins lineup...still waiting on that 2nd move).

I am absolutely not interested in icing a lesser team in 2020-2021 because we're concerned about 2022-2023's cap situation and how we re-sign Ondrej Kase and Sean Kuraly. Does anyone think we're g0ing to get over the hump to the next cup by maintaining the same roster and just letting UFAs walk?

If we're icing a lesser team in 2020-2021, IMO, it needs to be because it's intentional and we're building toward a new cup window and going all in on that. Not because we want to do this whole "We were presidents cup winners and went to the Stanley cup final the year before".."just get in and anything can happen!" song and dance as we trade Boychuk for nothing..then let Soderberg walk...then let Loui walk, etc. etc.

One of the 2nd round picks obtained for Boychuk was used to draft Carlo.

Anyway, in general I agree that we should not be icing a lesser team this coming season. Especially with Rask coming back.

member 96824

One of the 2nd round picks obtained for Boychuk was used to draft Carlo.

Anyway, in general I agree that we should not be icing a lesser team this coming season. Especially with Rask coming back.

Right, I just mean immediately got nothing.

It was a sure thing on this board that the Boychuk trade was the first of a series of moves designed to acquire a scoring winger. It's kind of funny, the argument for was "we have 8 or 9 NHL ready D, we'll be fine without him and can use the cap space to address a more pressing need" That series of moves obviously never happened..

But at least that 2014-15 team was coming off a Stanley Cup loss on home ice to a central division opponent two years before and followed it up with a President's Trophy win before a disappointing round 2 loss to a divisional team.

History does some funny things.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The difference in pay between what Petriangelo will make and what Carlo makes would prevent you from acquiring a Hall

I know.

Hall is my target, but I was just replying to post saying there's not that much big of a difference between Krug and Pietrangelo.
Pietrangelo is an easy #1D for me in this league who plays againt the best.

& If for some reason Sweeney went on to add Pietrangelo then I'd trade Carlo for top6 help.

Reactions: wintersej

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
Haven't read too many of these threads or articles about Krug. That being said the qoute on NHL.com from Sweeney states how Krug isn't interested in another 1 year deal like he has taken in the past. Doesn't say he isn't interested in resigning just not taking the shorter deals maybe like Charlie and Carlo. Can't say I dont blame him not many ufas ever do that. Too many misdirected or ambigous qoutes read the article and take it as a whole. Either way we move on without Krug and honestly he can be replaced.

scorpiorising

May 25, 2011
He posted a 'cryptic' IG post of Bostons sunset at night. Sounds like he's gone.

Loved Krug. Undersized but good puck handling and edge work. Feisty and offensive.

I remember him breaking out in the playoffs and being amazed. He turned into quite the player. Loved his run with the Bruins.

Having said that...his top speed is actually quite slow compared to some of the opposing forewards. He also plays typically against second lines as Chahlie and Chara get 1st line. Due to the money he will want, he will have to be on the 1st line. Ill be very interested to watch him and how he stacks uo against the Kucherovs, Mcdavids, Mackinnons with his size.

Either way, gonna miss that little guy a lot.

Reactions: Baddkarma

scorpiorising

May 25, 2011
And let me say this to, if hes going elsewhere to get paid...get paid! Good on him for working his ass off and he deserves some good money.

Reactions: BrainOfJ

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
I'm biased simply because of the type of D I prefer . Shut down is my preference and if he contributes to the offense great.

I would rather the Bruins concentrate on signing scoring forwards and shut down defense. It's time for Krug to go, wish him luck and big money. He's a great athlete he deserves it.

Top pair Carlo, McAvoy

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

You put that with Sweeney's statements and it sure sounds like Krug is going to test the market at the very least, but this is probably no earth shattering news. The lack of a contract extension during the season seemed to give it away early. Adios, hobbit. You are welcome back in Rivendell any time.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins GM Don Sweeney does not sound hopeful about re-signing Torey Krug - The Boston Globe

“I’ve taken shorter-term deals, less amount of money my whole career now,” Krug said. “This is my time in terms of my value at its peak.”

“He’s entitled to say whatever the hell he feels he wants to say,” Sweeney said. “I’m not going to comment publicly on any different contract negotiations other than hoping to find a landing spot when I have a good player and [person] that I feel are important to our organization, and Torey is such.”

“I would be the last person to begrudge any player trying to make the best decision for [them] and their family,” Sweeney said, "and in a perfect world, it’s with us, but we know that the world is anything but perfect right about now.

“Listen, I respect Torey coming in as a rookie free agent and making our hockey club. I only hope that we made the moves to accommodate what he and his family and agent feel he has earned.”

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
“Listen, I respect Torey coming in as a rookie free agent and making our hockey club. I only hope that we made the moves to accommodate what he and his family and agent feel he has earned.”

What’s this actually mean

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think it’s safe to say it’s the end of Krug in Boston. He’s a warrior but won’t be worth the money he’ll command and they really need to start getting bigger on the backend.
Bigger on the backend if Carlo is traded and Chara retires seems impossible

of course I think Carlo traded is comical

getting Lauzon who said he’s now 6’3” on interview with Beers during that afternoon Islanders game late in year and Carlo 6’5” that’s a good start

they have two big boys one LHD and one RHD that can kill penalties

McAvoy
Clifton
Grzelcyk

the D is pretty solid that’s a strong group right there

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
While I've mentally accepted that Krug is leaving (felt that way for a few months now), there is still a chance he comes back. He could test FA and find that the market for him isn't what he or his agent thought. I mean if he test the market and the best off away from Boston is 1-2 more years and maybe $500k to $1 mill more per year, does he convince him to leave Boston? How much in Krug's mind will it take to uproot his family from Boston and start with a new team?

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Carlo, McAvoy top line will drive drive opposing forwards crazy and in turn provide our forwards more opportunities .
And McAvoy will have more scoring chances.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Bigger on the backend if Carlo is traded and Chara retires seems impossible

of course I think Carlo traded is comical

getting Lauzon who said he’s now 6’3” on interview with Beers during that afternoon Islanders game late in year and Carlo 6’5” that’s a good start

they have two big boys one LHD and one RHD that can kill penalties

McAvoy
Clifton
Grzelcyk

the D is pretty solid that’s a strong group right there

haha bold is a good point. I don’t think Carlo goes anywhere.

I agree it’s a solid young defensive core with a lot different styles but all one general ability to transition. Also all are very good to elite skaters.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

What’s this actually mean

I might be a cynic, but I read it as "we lowballed him on our contract offer but hope he'll take it"

Last edited:

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Time to move Krug’s rights for a draft pick. If Joel Edmundson can get a 5th round pick, Bruins should be able to move Torey for much more. Get the highest drat pick Donny.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Time to move Krug’s rights for a draft pick. If Joel Edmundson can get a 5th round pick, Bruins should be able to move Torey for much more. Get the highest drat pick Donny.

We've had far too many of those through the past 10 years. Picks that make us go "Drat!"

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
I think Krug is very underrated. He is the driving force of the Bruins offense the Last several years, in transition and especially zone entry on the PP. His loss will be felt much more than most on here realize, and perhaps more than any Single other player on the team at this point.

having said that, I think the window has slammed shut. We have no hope of catching Tampa in the East in the next few years, and a rebuild is required. Unfortunately we have very little A prospects in the pool, and our GM has a habit of outsmarting himself at the draft.

Krug should go and they should sell high where they can in other roster spots. It’s going to be a painful few years but the sooner we bite the bullet the sooner we are back to a contending team.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
I'm biased simply because of the type of D I prefer . Shut down is my preference and if he contributes to the offense great.

I would rather the Bruins concentrate on signing scoring forwards and shut down defense. It's time for Krug to go, wish him luck and big money. He's a great athlete he deserves it.

Top pair Carlo, McAvoy
I feel like your living in the past with this comment. The league is moving towards the PMD, slick skating defenseman. Now, I believe you need a shutdown dman or 2. Just not all. I would however love to see Carlo-McAvoy together

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I feel like your living in the past with this comment. The league is moving towards the PMD, slick skating defenseman. Now, I believe you need a shutdown dman or 2. Just not all. I would however love to see Carlo-McAvoy together

Yeah Heiskanen, Hedman, Makar, Hughes, Theodore are showing their value in these playoffs.
They just drive/controll the game

Reactions: Blinny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad