Player Discussion Torey Krug VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
I feel like your living in the past with this comment. The league is moving towards the PMD, slick skating defenseman. Now, I believe you need a shutdown dman or 2. Just not all. I would however love to see Carlo-McAvoy together

Agree on the Carlo McAvoy pair. Their both shutdown D but McAvoy has an offensive upside

Nothing wrong with a solid D with that contributes offensively but his defensive ability has to be strong . Krug has a lot of things going for him but in my amateur opinion he's not a strong D. I'm not doing to lose any sleep if they resign him , just not my preference.
And in a lot of respects I'm definitely living in the past

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Agree on the Carlo McAvoy pair. Their both shutdown D but McAvoy has an offensive upside

Nothing wrong with a solid D with that contributes offensively but his defensive ability has to be strong . Krug has a lot of things going for him but in my amateur opinion he's not a strong D. I'm not doing to lose any sleep if they resign him , just not my preference.

Two righties, doesn't happen.

Reactions: BTO and wintersej

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Ya you think he says this about Pasta in a few years? To me he’s saying”we like Tory but not long term or big money”

Add that to what Sweeney said, which was pretty much the same thing in essence, and you get the sense that they will have him back but only on the terms they offer which is probablygood bit lower than what he wants in either/both term and price.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)

If one were a RD and one were a LD we would have already seen it for the last two years and we wouldn't need to upgrade our LD. Alas.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
It IS a bummer he is leaving. Such a lovable player. Work ethic, skill, smarts, leadership, a great understanding of the moment. Krug has “it”. Just not sure how a guy that is small AND doesn’t have good speed ages in this league. Can’t wait to give him a full throated thank you whenever we are allowed in TD Garden again.

member 96824

If Edmundson’s value is a fifth rounder, shouldn’t Krug’s be higher? At least a fourth. We don’t have one in this year’s draft.

Krug probably only catches a 5th as well unless the team is really really really really confident (wink wink) that Krug’s going to sign with them and it’s important he doesn’t hit the open market. Outside of the dummies in Buffalo trading a 3rd for Vesey there hasn’t been much for rights trades netting higher without conditions or a signing shortly after.

Problem is I think Krug’s camp seems to be pretty focused on hitting the market and weighing their options if the Bruins aren’t going to come to the table and negotiate...so anyone trading for his rights is probably going to see those expire, even if he ends up there eventually.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Krug as the #1LD in Montreal is just asking for trouble.

8M for a guy they should shelter to play on the top pair.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass

Not the Habs, please

Why? The Bruins don’t want him anymore. They don’t think he’s worth that kind of money. If he signs there who cares. The bruins will focus on what they got to do and that’s bringing in another top six forward with skill or size maybe both. Plus more size and toughness on the back end. I wouldn’t be sweating out Krug anymore because Tampa sure wasn’t . If he signs with Detroit as well good luck. I wish him the best. But moving on. The team needs a makeover and will be getting one.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Didn't Krug have every Canadian team as part of his NTC? If true and he wouldn't accept a trade to a Canadian team, why would he suddenly sign with a Canadian team? Not to mention Krug when talked about what's important to him in the team he signs with, MTL doesn't check many of those boxes.....if any

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
If someone is going to overpay him and face the downside of that, I hope it's a team in our division. Why wouldn't we want that? He's one guy, not a team.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It IS a bummer he is leaving. Such a lovable player. Work ethic, skill, smarts, leadership, a great understanding of the moment. Krug has “it”. Just not sure how a guy that is small AND doesn’t have good speed ages in this league. Can’t wait to give him a full throated thank you whenever we are allowed in TD Garden again.

This is my main concern with Krug long term. Love the player but I don't think I could hand over a 6-7 year deal.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Still think he goes to Detroit great match all around if the money works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad