Player Discussion Torey Krug VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Perhaps train Clifton, Grzelcyk, and later, Ahcan to take Krug’s spot on the PP. None is a Torey, but can develop some consistency. Or sign Barrie for a year.

I’d prefer to remain in house to see what our own talent can do.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Perhaps train Clifton, Grzelcyk, and later, Ahcan to take Krug’s spot on the PP. None is a Torey, but can develop some consistency. Or sign Barrie for a year.

I’d prefer to remain in house to see what our own talent can do.

So would I. I am also interested in seeing what McAvoy can do with some increased PP time and responsibility. If its Gryz taking Krug's spot, he won't score like Krug from there, but is a good puck mover, passer, and zone entry guy. McAvoy, as a future #1 I would think is the player that long term they would like to develop in that role. I think he will be good at it too.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Did anybody see the ridiculous KPD column in the Globe? With zero original reporting, he claims the B's might prefer to sign Pietrangelo for $9M and let both Krug and Chara walk. As far as I can tell, this is completely empty speculation on his part, and it makes no sense. If the B's are worried they can't keep Krug without blowing up the cap, then why would they sign Pietrangelo, who's already 30, to an even greater price? Sure, Pietrangelo is better, but not all that much better, and Chara is still a very good shutdown defender. If KPD had insights into Sweeney's thinking, fine, but he's never shown much evidence of having great sources among B's management.

Pietrangelo is a true #1D, someone who plays against the best and helps to shelter guys like Krug.

I’d easily take Pietrangelo over Krug, and then trade Carlo for assets

Reactions: Ratty and Zillah

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Charlie Mac still has another level (or two, even) to develop into, in my opinion. Part of that would be becoming the new pp quarterback.

Bruce said this as well, that Charlie still had a year or two to develop before becoming that bonafide #1. Completely agree that putting him into that role would help this along.

Reactions: NeelyDan

member 96824

Brodie would be an interesting stopgap at LD.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe despite being a leftie, Brodie plays almost exclusively on the right side. Probably not a deal breaker

Jeesh, did anyone bother to edit this thing?

Drew Daughty
Brent Seabook

:facepalm:

I disagree with a lot of the article to be honest. The Bruins can handle Krug at 7.5. That's been discussed ad nauseam...but overall though, it seems that piece is in favor of sacrificing the team today to be better off down the road. That's where I really disagree. We did this already once before with Johnny Boychuk and it took the Bruins 3 years to get back to form....at least we got something in return for him (That too was claimed to be the first move of a parlay to solve holes in the Bruins lineup...still waiting on that 2nd move).

I am absolutely not interested in icing a lesser team in 2020-2021 because we're concerned about 2022-2023's cap situation and how we re-sign Ondrej Kase and Sean Kuraly. Does anyone think we're g0ing to get over the hump to the next cup by maintaining the same roster and just letting UFAs walk?

If we're icing a lesser team in 2020-2021, IMO, it needs to be because it's intentional and we're building toward a new cup window and going all in on that. Not because we want to do this whole "We were presidents cup winners and went to the Stanley cup final the year before".."just get in and anything can happen!" song and dance as we trade Boychuk for nothing..then let Soderberg walk...then let Loui walk, etc. etc.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Pietrangelo is a true #1D, someone who plays against the best and helps to shelter guys like Krug.

I’d easily take Pietrangelo over Krug, and then trade Carlo for assets
But in your proposed scenario you’re moving on from both Krug and Carlo. While paying Petriangelo 10m per to take Carlo’s vacant spot.

That makes zero sense

Reactions: NeelyDan and Skelen

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
If Krug wants 7 or 8 years that’s gona be a hard no from me. Either play the kids (Lauzon Vaakaneinen Zboril) or sign/ trade for a physical shutdown left side D to pair with McAvoy.

I’d move Ritchie Bjork Senyshyn Kase for draft picks. Make a run at Hall or trade for a dynamic forward.

Reactions: BTO

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
If Krug wants 7 or 8 years that’s gona be a hard no from me. Either play the kids (Lauzon Vaakaneinen Zboril) or sign/ trade for a physical shutdown left side D to pair with McAvoy.

I’d move Ritchie Bjork Senyshyn Kase for draft picks. Make a run at Hall or trade for a dynamic forward.

Senyshyn will get you absolutely nothing and Ritchie
a 3rd. Kase in conjunction with Grez might get you
a late-teen to late 20's 1st. Ritchie and Bjork make under
$2M each, so why bother. At least Kase and Grez will save you about $5M and with Kase you're dealing a middle six wing with concussion history and D that you hope they replace with someone like Dillon.

Agree about letting Lauzon, Vaak and Dillon be the left
side with Chara. The right side can be McAvoy, Carlo,
Clifton and Kampher.

They need to move Moore's contract.

Reactions: BTO and Oates2Neely

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
$2M each, so why bother. At least Kase and Grez will save you about $5M and with Kase you're dealing a middle six wing with concussion history and D that you hope they replace with someone like Dillon.

Clifton and Kampher.

Too many middle six players taking up cap. I’m thinking play some kids on ELC there IF it means having cap space to land a big fish

Reactions: BTO

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Too many middle six players taking up cap. I’m thinking play some kids on ELC there IF it means having cap space to land a big fish
So wouldn’t it make sense to replace a Kase with Senyshyn? I think we absolutely should find a way to give him a real chance this year.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

Clifton and Kampher.

It would be very good to get rid of Moore’s contract. Unfortunately, I think we’ll have him until the expansion draft

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Reading this has made my eyes glaze over. Even in this market, I don’t see how he doesn’t get comparable to Spurgeon.

He’s gunna get paaaaaiddd. He deserves it.

It’ll suck to see him go.

hes going to get paid roughly the same but spurgeon is far and away the better defensive player and doesn’t get nearly as many offensive opportunities that krug does that would definitely increase his point production.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
But in your proposed scenario you’re moving on from both Krug and Carlo. While paying Petriangelo 10m per to take Carlo’s vacant spot.

That makes zero sense

Pietrangelo is a top10D.

If for some reason Sweeney signed him it would open up Carlo for a move to address the top6 W, which makes sense

& it’s not my suggested scenario, just what I’d do if he was after Pietro, my target is Hall

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Pietrangelo is a top10D.

If for some reason Sweeney signed him it would open up Carlo for a move to address the top6 W, which makes sense

& it’s not my suggested scenario, just what I’d do if he was after Pietro, my target is Hall
The difference in pay between what Petriangelo will make and what Carlo makes would prevent you from acquiring a Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad