Player Discussion Torey Krug VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

Two little things I just remembered.

Technically, Krug’s still under contract meaning technically, his NTC is still in place. Not that large of one just 8 teams he can’t be traded to without approval, but still would be a funny and odd situation.

Second...wasn’t there word at one point that the NHLPA was putting pressure on Krug and Arnott not to take a home town discount because Hall, Krug, and Petro will be the three setting the market for contracts or did I imagine that.

Reactions: JOKER 192

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Why? The night of, you should have multiple takers. Who wants to pay the 3rd can have him. Communicate.

I just don't think playing hard ball to jump at 31ish spots in the middle of the draft should be where focus should be at. We are talking mid-picks at the best. But yea, Sweeney gets a 3rd instead of a 4th, hurray! I know that's what I'm excited for. /s

Unless it's part of negotiating a larger deal, moving Krug's rights for a mid-pick, find the highest offer, take it, move on, and focus on more important things.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I just don't think playing hard ball to jump at 31ish spots in the middle of the draft should be where focus should be at. We are talking mid-picks at the best. But yea, Sweeney gets a 3rd instead of a 4th, hurray! I know that's what I'm excited for. /s

Unless it's part of negotiating a larger deal, moving Krug's rights for a mid-pick, find the highest offer, take it, move on, and focus on more important things.

I do. These are the picks DS loves...he usually just takes these guys in the 1st round.

haha

Sorry, couldn’t resist. Yes...definitely, get the better pick for a top commodity in Krug. You act like nobody is going to buy. Don’t worry, man. They’ll end up with a dance partner. Their choice of a bunch of lovely ladies. Heh

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I do. These are the picks DS loves...he usually just takes these guys in the 1st round.

haha

Sorry, couldn’t resist. Yes...definitely, get the better pick for a top commodity in Krug. You act like nobody is going to buy. Don’t worry, man. They’ll end up with a dance partner. Their choice of a bunch of lovely ladies. Heh

We're talking about 3rd or 4th round though. You've left the bar and are are swiping tinder hoping someone someone is still awake. I mean, yea, you can do it. But you could have went home with someone earlier, but you were being picky.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Two little things I just remembered.

Technically, Krug’s still under contract meaning technically, his NTC is still in place. Not that large of one just 8 teams he can’t be traded to without approval, but still would be a funny and odd situation.

Second...wasn’t there word at one point that the NHLPA was putting pressure on Krug and Arnott not to take a home town discount because Hall, Krug, and Petro will be the three setting the market for contracts or did I imagine that.

Think I heard something to that effect as well.

member 96824

Why would it be positive PR to insult him?

Notice how the story is about the Bruins coming to the table and making this last ditch effort to keep him.

Rumor is 6 years 6.5M has been the offer from the beginning. B’s haven’t moved an inch.

:dunno:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Spurgeon got 7/53+M

Krug 6/39 ~ 6X6.5 M

I think the Bruins offer is 100% fair but dangerous based on his age

Once Spurgeon got that game changer for Krug camp

I would maybe go to 6/40 M but starting at year 30 with Vaakanainen & Ahcan in the system I think you have to let him go

Reactions: Bodit9

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Spurgeon got 7/53+M

Krug 6/39 ~ 6X6.5 M

I think the Bruins offer is 100% fair but dangerous based on his age

Once Spurgeon got that game changer for Krug camp

I would maybe go to 6/40 M but starting at year 30 with Vaakanainen & Ahcan in the system I think you have to let him go

Agreed. That Spurgeon contract is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->