Player Discussion Torey Krug V

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Wings are giving him Mike Greens money if he reaches UFA guys are taking less money to not play in Canada see Gardiner.

I’d happily ‘overpay’ Krug if it’s 5 or less years.

That is definitely a possibility with him being a homie and all.

I wouldn't overpay Krug with all the other options the Bruins have I cash him in if the return is decent. I know that sounds flippant but it would be a waste to let him walk and a mistake to overpay him IMO. I value Krug but there are other ways to go on this.

Reactions: Estlin

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
That is definitely a possibility with him being a homie and all.

I wouldn't overpay Krug with all the other options the Bruins have I cash him in if the return is decent. I know that sounds flippant but it would be a waste to let him walk and a mistake to overpay him IMO. I value Krug but there are other ways to go on this.
It all depends on the context at that precise moment.
where the Bruins are has a lot to do with. If they are top 5 in the league and they like their chances... it might be a viable option to keep Krug if the Bruins don't get help coming back.
Bruins trading Krug for prospects and draft pics at deadline will diminish their chances for a run at cup.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
It all depends on the context at that precise moment.
where the Bruins are has a lot to do with. If they are top 5 in the league and they like their chances... it might be a viable option to keep Krug if the Bruins don't get help coming back.
Bruins trading Krug for prospects and draft pics at deadline will diminish their chances for a run at cup.

Ya, I very weary about an older corps that played well into June and are now back at it In September, many still licking their wounds. We have heard a lot about managing the corps but I don't see how you are going to that in a division like the Atlantic. I have to think just about every game is going to count.

It all remains to be seen, where they are, how much Krug wants, what the return would be, how the prospects are doing, all should get thrown into the pot and see what comes out.

I just see other options that while very different, look just as viable and more importantly, cheaper.

At some point we are going to need to address the 2 RW issue. We are going to need to address the lack of a #1C prospect for the future.The time to address it is now. Trading Krug could be the answer. We are not likely to draft a 1C picking in the 20 to 31 range.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Ya, I very weary about an older corps that played well into June and are now back at it In September, many still licking their wounds. We have heard a lot about managing the corps but I don't see how you are going to that in a division like the Atlantic. I have to think just about every game is going to count.

It all remains to be seen, where they are, how much Krug wants, what the return would be, how the prospects are doing, all should get thrown into the pot and see what comes out.

I just see other options that while very different, look just as viable and more importantly, cheaper.

At some point we are going to need to address the 2 RW issue. We are going to need to address the lack of a #1C prospect for the future.The time to address it is now. Trading Krug could be the answer. We are not likely to draft a 1C picking in the 20 to 31 range.
I don't see the rush, doesn't mean you can't talk to other GM's and see the interest.
I wouldn't move until I know the run to the cup is out the window.

Unless we have an offer we can't refuse.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I don't see the rush, doesn't mean you can't talk to other GM's and see the interest.

Ya, there is no rush, I just don't want to see another player walk off to UFA without any compensation like with Eriksson or Yeti.

Reactions: Spooner st

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Obviously just the athletics opinion but if that’s the type of deal, no thanks. Trade him and get some worth out of him rather than just letting him walk.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
$6.5m+ at age 35?! No thanks.

You think at 35 he's just going to fall off a cliff? He might slow down a bit by then but what do you think the cap will be in 7 years? Look at the way the cap and these contracts are trending. If you can get one of the best offensive D men in the league for 7 years at $6.5 you take that and run.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
You think at 35 he's just going to fall off a cliff? He might slow down a bit by then but what do you think the cap will be in 7 years? Look at the way the cap and these contracts are trending. If you can get one of the best offensive D men in the league for 7 years at $6.5 you take that and run.
Fall of a cliff at 35?

David Backes says howdy!

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

No I don’t think he’s going to fall off a cliff, but I also don’t think at 35 he’s going to be anywhere near the production he’s putting out now. It will be more of a gradual decrease in production probably starting around age 33.

However we have seen huge drop off in players like backes so who knows.

Reactions: Estlin

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i don't think this deal gets done without at least 6 years attached. DKH was
floating around 6/40 with a NMC early on, i believe. could live with that.
great for a few years and then it'll hurt a little. we'll see. i don't see any way
they trade him regardless (unless they end up in the tank at the deadline).

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Goal should be to win this year’s Cup

You are bang on

If Krug wants Spurgeon money or term I ride him out

1. There realistically isn’t anyone close to him right now so he gives you your best chance to make playoffs and win

2. Allows the Left shot kids another year getting more experience and stronger

The good news is they have Krug this season

Reactions: Spooner st

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
i don't think this deal gets done without at least 6 years attached. DKH was
floating around 6/40 with a NMC early on, i believe. could live with that.
great for a few years and then it'll hurt a little. we'll see. i don't see any way
they trade him regardless (unless they end up in the tank at the deadline).
Do you like me think they think Coyle is more important going forward as in 2020-24 between him & Krug

What they really want - Krug for this season- they have

If he goes the left side next year assuming Chara retires which I’m skeptical- has Grzelcyk Moore Vaakanainen Lauzon Zech Zboril

SIX LHD guys without Krug & Chara

I do think they legitimately offer him a deal - I think TwineTickler nailed it - they will go 6.5 for 5 years

I think 6/40.5 or 6.75 AVV does it

If they sign him I see Zboril traded to Winnipeg for a second (both Langenbrunner & Leach thought he was very good at end of season and into playoffs)

Zboril could well be in that Joe Morrow/Jeff Jillson school of close but no cigar

Personally I would trade for him if LA or Winnipeg or Edmonton

He’s just in a stacked organization at his spot

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Do you like me think they think Coyle is more important going forward as in 2020-24 between him & Krug

What they really want - Krug for this season- they have

If he goes the left side next year assuming Chara retires which I’m skeptical- has Grzelcyk Moore Vaakanainen Lauzon Zech Zboril

i guess we still don't know what coyle is just yet. the guy we saw last spring was pretty
damn good, and wonder if he can take that next step this year. i'd keep him long term
for sure, but what's the $?

the krug situation is tough, i can see why sweeney talked about having to go through
their models and all that. cannot give him 7 years, IMO. 6 would be my limit. but agree
that if things don't work out, they'll just ride it out and he will walk into UFA (unless
they somehow totally suck and then he's gone at the deadline).

Reactions: Spooner st and DKH

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
i guess we still don't know what coyle is just yet. the guy we saw last spring was pretty
damn good, and wonder if he can take that next step this year. i'd keep him long term
for sure, but what's the $?

the krug situation is tough, i can see why sweeney talked about having to go through
their models and all that. cannot give him 7 years, IMO. 6 would be my limit. but agree
that if things don't work out, they'll just ride it out and he will walk into UFA (unless
they somehow totally suck and then he's gone at the deadline).
I’m okay with this plan too. Don’t love the idea of losing an asset for nothing but they’re good enough this year that you can’t trade him and downgrade just to recoup an asset. And there’s just no way I go long term for big dollars with him. I see too many risks.

Another benefit to riding it out is that things could change. Kids could develop and allow you to move other costly vets to free up cash to make it work with him on a shorter deal, or kids could prove capable of replacing him. So time could help you here too.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Be interesting to see what they do. Doubt they would trade him during the season, unless its for a major piece that helps them now coming back. His numbers put him in pretty exclusive category among defenseman, top 4 defenseman who can drive offense get paid. Do the Bruins have someone who can replace him on the powerplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad