Player Discussion Torey Krug IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Krug has his deficiencies, but he's probably the main reason the B's have the 3rd best power play in the league and any team who would acquire him, should the Bruins ever move him, would get an immediate and significant improvement to their PP. McAvoy has not shown enough at this point to indicate he could come in and be fine running the PP.

Reactions: Chief Nine

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Didn't he just record his first PPP the other day? I guess that's enough! :laugh:
He had 2 goals and 5 assist last year so it wasn't his first PPP. Now if you talking about this year then yes it was but at the same time he is 3rd on the team for defensemen for time on ice for the PP. He currently has 60 minutes which is behind Grz at 99 and Krug at 220 so his opportunities are a lot lower.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
With Krug, you really have to take the good with the bad. IMO the good outweighs the bad. Thing is, his bad is very glaring because he is constantly trying to drive the offense. That looks particularly bad when you give puck away in our own end.

That being said I distinctly remember Marchand being responsible for a couple of SH goals as well.

I for one am willing to take Krug for what he is and hope he continues to learn and understand that he does not ALWAYS have to drive the offense. Sometimes he just needs to make the right play.

Reactions: TCB

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Well I'm sorry you feel that way , You need some new rants though on the "garbage" takes mantra. As i said and I will be happy to be wrong but take off the rose colored glasses and don't let the points blind you.

No one one is giving up a first for Krug unless is part of a bigger deal, I hope you are correct
As down on Krug as I am (for his defensive lapses), I would be very, very disappointed if he's moved this summer for less than a 1st+ a prospect. His offense easily makes him that valuable.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I didn't say you said McAvoy had a sucky shot, but you conceded that it needs improvement where Krug's doesn't

McAvoy and Krug are on the same roster for at least another season and that's not likely gonna change despite the fantasy that he should be dumped for 2nd rounders
No, he said that Chuckie WILL improve, and didn't compare it to Krug's at all.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Krug has his deficiencies, but he's probably the main reason the B's have the 3rd best power play in the league and any team who would acquire him, should the Bruins ever move him, would get an immediate and significant improvement to their PP. McAvoy has not shown enough at this point to indicate he could come in and be fine running the PP.

That is great but he really needs to start taking care of the puck and be responsible in his own end.The position he plays is called Defencemen not Forward.If you get 48 points but cause 48 goals against your not gaining nothing.No choice but to bare with him but he is the one player on roster that drives me insane getting easily pushed off pucks in own end steady..It needs to stop if Bruins are serious about Cup with miniutes he gets.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
you do remember last seasons playoffs right?

both were a liability actually

When Marner or Point dump it towards Krug, guess who is going to get to the puck first or pressure Krug so hard that all he can do is dump to nowhere, where the attack keeps continuing

If Krug can skate, he could calmly retrieve that dump in, take it out of the zone himself where the other Bruins players are ready to try to do something on the offensive end

Krug, Chara got exposed by this simple routine by these teams

Krug's main issue in last year's playoffs was being paired with Miller, because he lost Carlo. No Carlo meant Krug had more touches of the puck, more responsibility on break-outs and transition, increasing the fatigue factor significantly. Carlo may not produce points but he can pass and he can skate.

The last regular season game in Toronto, the first TO goal was all on Miller, he was pressured in his own end, threw the puck right up the middle, and it was picked off, zone possession maintained, and they scored. His next shift, he made another turnover in his own end, then took a penalty to stop the scoring chance, and they scored again.

Between Miller (or Chara for that matter) and Krug, which one would the opposing team want to handle the puck more? The better decision-maker in Krug? I don't see it.

Reactions: Chief Nine and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Krug's main issue in last year's playoffs was being paired with Miller, because he lost Carlo. No Carlo meant Krug had more touches of the puck, more responsibility on break-outs and transition, increasing the fatigue factor significantly. Carlo may not produce points but he can pass and he can skate.

The last regular season game in Toronto, the first TO goal was all on Miller, he was pressured in his own end, threw the puck right up the middle, and it was picked off, zone possession maintained, and they scored. His next shift, he made another turnover in his own end, then took a penalty to stop the scoring chance, and they scored again.

Between Miller (or Chara for that matter) and Krug, which one would the opposing team want to handle the puck more? The better decision-maker in Krug? I don't see it.

They would obviously rather one of the best passers in the league handle the puck over kevan Miller. Obviously. ;)

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Maybe you're new here, but we are on Torey Krug thread number 4. You can be my guest and look through all of them, but there are people here who despise Torey and there are absolutely examples of posters who do not want him here at all, this year and all previous years.

This thread blows up after two bad games by him for a reason - because all of the detractors are here ready to **** on the guy for any mistake yet will likely never make a post in a McAvoy, Carlo, Chara thread after horrendous, turnover-laden games by them.

It's sad - 19 solid games all around followed by two stinkers and all people will dwell on is the two.

Which is why I posted earlier about it not being anything but hatred for the guy as I’ve seen zero logic posted anywhere in this entire thread other than he’s too small, he sucks and he’s a horrible defenseman.

All of which aren’t true by any metric

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
As down on Krug as I am (for his defensive lapses), I would be very, very disappointed if he's moved this summer for less than a 1st+ a prospect. His offense easily makes him that valuable.

How would you feel about it if the Bruins were able to package Krug and their
first round pick for a top 10 first round pick and a prospect? I was wondering
at the trade deadline if the Bruins were holding on to their first rounder for
that purpose.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
No, he said that Chuckie WILL improve, and didn't compare it to Krug's at all.

He said Krug’s shot sucks. He also said McAvoy will improve which I’m not arguing.

My point is that it’s not an absolute (which has been posted and the poster also implied) that McAvoy can just step in and replace Krug’s production which is not a risk Bruce Cassidy and the Boston Bruins aren’t likely to take

Reactions: CDJ

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Which is why I posted earlier about it not being anything but hatred for the guy as I’ve seen zero logic posted anywhere in this entire thread other than he’s too small, he sucks and he’s a horrible defenseman.

All of which aren’t true by any metric
Not trying to be smart here but do you even watch him in his own end?Against Penguins on 1 shift alone they muscled him off the puck 3 times .Then last nite well you saw so no need to go there.He needs to really pick up his game.Main thing for any defencemen is take care of own end first.Not knocking his offensive side cause it is very good but I darn well expect better in own end with minutes he plays.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Not trying to be smart here but do you even watch him in his own end?Against Penguins on 1 shift alone they muscled him off the puck 3 times .Then last nite well you saw so no need to go there.He needs to really pick up his game.Main thing for any defencemen is take care of own end first.Not knocking his offensive side cause it is very good but I darn well expect better in own end with minutes he plays.

The only response for this is a question:

Is Tory Krug a horrible defenseman in your opinion?

And before you answer, forgive me, but you are given to hyperbole with a lot of your posts, so please think long and hard about what constitutes a horrible defenseman before you answer that question

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
He said Krug’s shot sucks. He also said McAvoy will improve which I’m not arguing.

My point is that it’s not an absolute (which has been posted and the poster also implied) that McAvoy can just step in and replace Krug’s production which is not a risk Bruce Cassidy and the Boston Bruins aren’t likely to take

So you expect the Bruins to hang onto him and extend him?

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
The only response for this is a question:

Is Tory Krug a horrible defenseman in your opinion?

And before you answer, forgive me, but you are given to hyperbole with a lot of your posts, so please think long and hard about what constitutes a horrible defenseman before you answer that question

Horrible defensive defenseman.... fantastic offensive defenseman.

Reactions: bbfan419

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
So you expect the Bruins to hang onto him and extend him?

If they can find common ground yes. But Krug could demand 7 or 8 million and at that price the Bruins would likely move on. But I think both sides know they’re a good fit for each other and figure it out.

Anything can happen with negotiations so time will tell

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Well he’s apparently hurt so all those who wanted him out of the line up will get their wish tomorrow. Hopefully it’s not long term.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
How would you feel about it if the Bruins were able to package Krug and their
first round pick for a top 10 first round pick and a prospect? I was wondering
at the trade deadline if the Bruins were holding on to their first rounder for
that purpose.
I'd feel like the Bruins paid an awful lot to move up. I think that would be a lot to pay, unless it's moving into the top 2-4. Still a lot to pay I think.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

You also said that his assertion that McAvoy's shot will improve was him saying it was worse than Krug's which i don't think he was saying at all.

I agree. No one on the Bruins is going to completely replace his production. He's an elite offensive force. He's also really bad a defense.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
CM did not ever get a real chance to show if he can QB the pp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad