Player Discussion Torey Krug IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
The Krug lovers will have nothing else to hold onto. McAvoy will be fine running the PP.

Krug and his future contract need to go in the offseason . I will gladly take a second for him

What are you basing this on? What shows you that Charley McAvoy (who I love) is just going to waltz in and produce at the level Krug is? I sure as hell don't see it at this point in his career

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
There's no need to wait. Garbage litters this thread already.

Getting a 1st round pick for Krug wouldn't be "fleecing a team". If Krug is dealt, he will return a haul.

Isn't garbage just because you and others have a different view of a player. He is going to get moved so we shall see. You are dreaming if you think he's worth a first.

A second and a decent prospect would be a win.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Looks like all the Krug haters got their wish. Our team should be much improved without his lapses and icing a d corps of:

Chara-McAvoy
Moore-Carlo
Kampfer-Clifton

Right?

Reactions: CDJ and Chief Nine

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
What are you basing this on? What shows you that Charley McAvoy (who I love) is just going to waltz in and produce at the level Krug is? I sure as hell don't see it at this point in his career

My eyeballs. Krugs best and only asset is passing, he shot sucks. Chuckie is only getting better by the game the shot will improve over time.

McAvoy is an elite passer and will get loaded up with points just for that reason Him and Griz are absolutely dynamic puck movers that can play 5 0n 5

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Isn't garbage just because you and others have a different view of a player. He is going to get moved so we shall see. You are dreaming if you think he's worth a first.

A second and a decent prospect would be a win.

Some of the Krug takes in here are garbage. He may not get moved. I don't understand why people think its a forgone conclusion he's moved. The organization likes the player a lot. They may very well re-sign him. I think anyone who feels he gets moved is more hoping he does. How isn't one of the top scoring defenseman in the league worth a first? Shattenkirk got St. Louis a 1st + prospect. Yandle got the Coyotes a 1st + prospect. Krug is better than both offensively. Also, they were dealt for those packages at the TDL. Krug will have a full year left on his deal if he's moved in the offseason.

You continue the garbage takes on Krug. 2nd + decent prospect as a return for Krug smells.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Clifton is way more physical .Krug is like a forward playing defence.Gets pts but a disaster without the puck.Other teams forwards love playing against him.My bet he is elsewhere next year.Vaak is ready to step in and with McAvoy they can run a powerplay from backend no prob.All these shorthanded goals Bruins give up is a big part cause of Krug.Anyways hope he feels better soon.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Krug is on a top 3 team in entire NHL.He gets alot of points for a D man.You alluded earlier about plus minus not being a true indicator of a player which I agree with .But to be a minus player with all these points he gets on a goid team is still showing he has serioylus issues in his game.He is going out of Boston is my bet cause no way they are giving this guy 6 or 7 million per on a long term deal with Vaak knocking the door down .

He's a minus player because the Bruins have given up a shit ton of SHG's this season. He's been on the ice for 10 of them. He's a +7 when play is EVS. So that is why he is -3 this year. Can't make up on your +/- on the PP. It only goes against you. Not every goal that Krug has been on the ice for has been his fault either.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
My eyeballs. Krugs best and only asset is passing, he shot sucks. Chuckie is only getting better by the game the shot will improve over time.

McAvoy is an elite passer and will get loaded up with points just for that reason Him and Griz are absolutely dynamic puck movers that can play 5 0n 5

Well that's a lot of speculation. Krug's shot doesn't suck. He has a cannon. If you're referring to that he misses the net, yes he does. And so does every single player in the NHL. I've yet to see an NHL player post 100% shots on goal.

My eyeballs tell me that McAvoy hasn't got the shot, creativity and passing ability that Krug has right now. He may get there, but he ain't there yet. And no coach in the league is gonna hand the keys over to their #1 PP to McAvoy while they have Krug on their roster

And you actually contradicted your own argument:

McAvoy's shot will improve over time (which implies it's not as good as Krug's "sucky" shot)

Krug's is a threat from the point. Ask any goalie in the league about that

Reactions: weaponomega

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Krug and Chara overall are good Ds, but their limitations (size or speed or both) and against a tough possible playoff matchups (fast skating leafs and tb) .... there is no way around it. It will present another cliffhanger like challenge
Defensively, I would not categorize Krug as a "good" D. He's elite offensively, but well below "good" defensively.

Reactions: BMC

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Some of the Krug takes in here are garbage. He may not get moved. I don't understand why people think its a forgone conclusion he's moved. The organization likes the player a lot. They may very well re-sign him. I think anyone who feels he gets moved is more hoping he does. How isn't one of the top scoring defenseman in the league worth a first? Shattenkirk got St. Louis a 1st + prospect. Yandle got the Coyotes a 1st + prospect. Krug is better than both offensively. Also, they were dealt for those packages at the TDL. Krug will have a full year left on his deal if he's moved in the offseason.

You continue the garbage takes on Krug. 2nd + decent prospect as a return for Krug smells.

Well I'm sorry you feel that way , You need some new rants though on the "garbage" takes mantra. As i said and I will be happy to be wrong but take off the rose colored glasses and don't let the points blind you.

No one one is giving up a first for Krug unless is part of a bigger deal, I hope you are correct

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Well I'm sorry you feel that way , You need some new rants though on the "garbage" takes mantra. As i said and I will be happy to be wrong but take off the rose colored glasses and don't let the points blind you.

No one one is giving up a first for Krug unless is part of a bigger deal, I hope you are correct

No one is giving up a first for Krug despite plenty of teams moving firsts for lesser offensive defensemen......

Last edited:

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Well that's a lot of speculation. Krug's shot doesn't suck. He has a cannon. If you're referring to that he misses the net, yes he does. And so does every single player in the NHL. I've yet to see an NHL player post 100% shots on goal.

My eyeballs tell me that McAvoy hasn't got the shot, creativity and passing ability that Krug has right now. He may get there, but he ain't there yet. And no coach in the league is gonna hand the keys over to their #1 PP to McAvoy while they have Krug on their roster

And you actually contradicted your own argument:

McAvoy's shot will improve over time (which implies it's not as good as Krug's "sucky" shot)

Krug's is a threat from the point. Ask any goalie in the league about that

Ah where did I say McAvoy has a sucky shot? And where did I say put McAvoy out there with Krug on the same team?

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Ah where did I say McAvoy has a sucky shot? And where did I say put McAvoy out there with Krug on the same team?

I didn't say you said McAvoy had a sucky shot, but you conceded that it needs improvement where Krug's doesn't

McAvoy and Krug are on the same roster for at least another season and that's not likely gonna change despite the fantasy that he should be dumped for 2nd rounders

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
No one is giving up a first for Krug, despite plenty of teams moving firsts for lesser offensive defensemen......

Again get away from the points. Those guys you mention play only against the third and fourth lines in games 5 on 5 ? You Can't hide Krug anymore, he gets eaten alive by just about every forchecker he faces.

Trust me I love the Bruins and wish I didn't feel this way about him and a few others but I will stick to my guns on what I'm seeing

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Again get away from the points. Those guys you mention play only against the third and fourth lines in games 5 on 5 ? You Can't hide Krug anymore, he gets eaten alive by just about every forchecker he faces.

Trust me I love the Bruins and wish I didn't feel this way about him and a few others but I will stick to my guns on what I'm seeing

Points sell, buddy. If you put up points, that means the team is scoring.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
And this is wrong as well. This year
Maybe you're new here, but we are on Torey Krug thread number 4. You can be my guest and look through all of them, but there are people here who despise Torey and there are absolutely examples of posters who do not want him here at all, this year and all previous years.

This thread blows up after two bad games by him for a reason - because all of the detractors are here ready to shit on the guy for any mistake yet will likely never make a post in a McAvoy, Carlo, Chara thread after horrendous, turnover-laden games by them.

It's sad - 19 solid games all around followed by two stinkers and all people will dwell on is the two.

Reactions: Chief Nine

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Maybe you're new here, but we are on Torey Krug thread number 4. You can be my guest and look through all of them, but there are people here who despise Torey and there are absolutely examples of posters who do not want him here at all, this year and all previous years.

This thread blows up after two bad games by him for a reason - because all of the detractors are here ready to **** on the guy for any mistake yet will likely never make a post in a McAvoy, Carlo, Chara thread after horrendous, turnover-laden games by them.

It's sad - 19 solid games all around followed by two stinkers and all people will dwell on is the two.

As @Chief Nine brought it up earlier, fans need a "whipping boy".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad