Player Discussion Torey Krug IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
if you're willing to keep his cap hit next year, trying to make a hockey trade and let a young D play is a better move

Reactions: Strafer

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
He's gonna walk for free the year after next, are you ok with that?

Or they could resign him 5 years at 6.25. He leaves a little on the table to stay on a contending team and be part of the future leadership. The contract expires when he's 34 so he can possibly get one last contract while not being restricted by the 35+ contract rule. That's only a million dollar raise and I would rather pay that than see any Dman on the team or in the system except McAvoy on the PP and you need more than one good offensive dman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chief Nine

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
If we could get a big, right shot power forward type for him I would deal him and I'm a Krug fan.

In fact, deal Krug for said player and sign Hathaway and Ferland as UFAs and we're ready to go.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Gotta pick what they do next year pay him around 6 and move out Backes to a team that needs to get to the cap or maybe Chara hangs it up. Going have to pay a few more guys too and maybe Mojo.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
I can’t see Sweeney giving Krug more than bergy/marchy/pasta
I get there’s different values in when the contracts were signed, but either way, krug willl come in under what the big boys make if he wants to stay on Boston

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Cost us the game today

Brutal giveaway on the powerplay

And it happens too regularly it seems (these SH goals)

Also on the third goal was it? Anderson just rubbed him out like it was nothing

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I know many will protect Krug

but tonight had a playoff type vibe/intensity

And Krug just can't match the intensity on the defensive end. Is a mediocre skater + small size = recipe for disaster

Reactions: Zillah and Strafer

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
.....he was over a ppg player in the playoffs last year and quite literally burst onto the scene by dominating the rangers in the playoffs

Awful game tonight from him. Let’s not let it re-write history

But that isn't nearly as fun.

Torey Krug is the worst. :sarcasm:

Reactions: CDJ

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
.....he was over a ppg player in the playoffs last year and quite literally burst onto the scene by dominating the rangers in the playoffs

Ranger series was like 4 years ago

League is different ... much quicker

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Just gonna ignore the part where I said he was more than a ppg last year....? And the playoff before that he had 10 points in 12 games?

Again, don’t let a regular season game re-write history.

sorry but you kidding?

so what if he scored 10 points...he was on the ice for like 10 plus against

he had one of the worst plus/minus stats in the playoffs... why are you omitting this info?

he is a liability on the defensive end and in the playoffs it makes it hard on the rest of the team to be extra careful on the defensive end

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

"History" happens every game. Tonight, he re-wrote his own history.

Reactions: rocketdan9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
sorry but you kidding?

so what if he scored 10 points...he was on the ice for like 10 plus against

he had one of the worst plus/minus stats in the playoffs... why are you omitting this info?

he is a liability on the defensive end and in the playoffs it makes it hard on the rest of the team to be extra careful on the defensive end

Lololol I’m not the one saying a ppg player in the playoffs can’t hang in the playoffs

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Listen I’m not sitting here and saying he was nick lidstrom shutting everybody down, but at the end of the day that’s MAJOR production out of any player in the playoffs....let alone a defenseman. When you produce like that you can be at fault for a couple goals.

And +/- isn’t really all that fair to Krug considering his biggest strength doesn’t get accounted for with that statistic. He runs an elite PP. I think McAvoy could potentially do that too if we do move on from Krug eventually but you can make the argument Krug is the best passer on the team. He’s got a lot of value. It’s why he’s gonna get paid

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
what a shocker...silence in here for 2 weeks while he's playing great.

1 bad game and here come the usual suspects with their pitchforks and torches.

where's all the hand wringing about Marchand's defensive effort? 3 points and still a -1

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
"History" happens every game. Tonight, he re-wrote his own history.
Remind me never to read any history book you ever write.

Day 32: Lincoln has breakfast. Not much else happens. His presidency is boring.
Day 33: Lincoln frees slaves. Trouble brewing. This is getting exciting.
Day 34: Slave news still spreading -- to early to tell reaction. Lincoln has breakfast. This presidency is boring.
Day 35: News lands. All hell breaks loose. Civil War. Most exciting presidency in Nation's history. Incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad