Confirmed with Link: [TOR/WPG] TOR trades Par Lindholm to WPG for Nic Petan

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
heres a couple hot takes for the crew

1. Par Lindholm sucks (12 pts in 60 games lolll. defend this bum cause of his PK ability when players like Tavares can PK and also score)
2. this guy sucks (Nic Petan or whatever)
3. Who gives a flying f***, its the 4th line

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

1. Par Lindholm sucks (12 pts in 60 games lolll. defend this bum cause of his PK ability when players like Tavares can PK and also score)
3. Who gives a flying ****, its the 4th line

1. This
2. Is
3. Trolling

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

true.

true.

3. Who gives a flying ****, its the 4th line

our upgraded 4th line sure came in handy last night.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
The 4th line definitely matters on quite a few teams.

Yes if your team is terrible you basically have ahl players on it.

Whether you like our 4th line or not. . They are everyday nhl guys. Goat is questionable in stints when he doesn't seem engaged... but he had a great game last night. Probably one of his best. That could be massive in a playoff game.

Ennis has 9 goals in limited minutes. It's fairly impressive, and he could be used further up in the lineup depending on injuries etc.

Moore is a little fire plug... again he can be moved up, and eventually because of the cap crunch could be a 3rd liner, and I think be really effective.

Lindholm was invisible and no he wasnt great, but if you put a good 4th line together ... they are more important to a team then some suggest.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Could upgrade another line if you dumped Brown. Possibly another yet if you add Marleau. They are black holes.

I think they are probably assets on the 4th line. Too expensive for 4th liners, but still probably good 4th liners.

Reactions: Menzinger

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
of course we not gonna miss his offense, i dont even know why people bring it up, its not all about offense

we are super weak at center depth if injuries hit and par can play center or wing, and he was 1 of our top 5 PK forwards, and played a super solid defensive game for us

hes not gonna be missed that much at all but our center depth in the marlies is terrible, no1 can come in and give us nhl center minutes, and now we need someone to step in and give us good PK time too...par isnt that useful to us, but man hes more useful than petan right now

Lindholm was dime a dozen! We have just witnessed some very nice asset management and cap management to a degree.

Petan is a darkhorse depending onnthe opportunity he gets. Developing players are fun to follow. This guy will come sround and gain some confidence hopefully because he is very talented skills wise.

I couldn't stand Lindholm so some bias on my part. Just didn't like what he brought and was ultra passive

Reactions: Slyfox and Faltorvo

Goleafsgo95

Jan 12, 2018
Good trade. Petan may be a cheap depth scorer in years to come but doubt it will have an impact this year

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Correction: He's yet to be given an opportunity to replicate it in the NHL. It's simply impossible to put up numbers playing 6 or 7 mins a game on the 4th line. Doesn't happen on any team. He needs a coach (or a situation) that gives him a solid 15 game block playing 13-16 mins with other high end talent, and then we can somewhat determine if he "has what it takes". Jets have had the luxury of excessively talented young forwards (Scheifele, Connor, Ehlers, Laine, Roslovic) ... add to that vets (Wheeler, Little, Perreault), and Petan was always on the outside looking in.

On pretty much any other team, he'd have been given an opportunity by now.

What makes you think he's going to have that shot on the Leafs of all teams who arguably have the same or better forwards..

Reactions: Cypruss

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
Not a chance. Bracco is high end RW for Matty. On a much higher skill level and game vision like Marner. Petan has more grit.

Petan has no grit. Sweet hands for passing, but if you are looking for Size, Grit, Aggression, scoring prowess or anything beyond average speed - then Petan is NOT your answer. Sweet dishes though....I'll give him that!

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Lindholm was dime a dozen! We have just witnessed some very nice asset management and cap management to a degree.

Petan is a darkhorse depending onnthe opportunity he gets. Developing players are fun to follow. This guy will come sround and gain some confidence hopefully because he is very talented skills wise.

I couldn't stand Lindholm so some bias on my part. Just didn't like what he brought and was ultra passive

Petan is the WPG Leivo. It may work out ok.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

kb

Aug 28, 2009
What metric you using to get 2nd best? They are 3rd in their division and 5th in the league, so statistically they aren’t 2nd

And objectively Winnipeg, Tampa, Nashville are all considered better
By whom? I'd really like to know why the bolded are considered better. Specifically, what makes those teams better than the Leafs today? The Leafs are 2 points out of third overall, and 1 point out of second in the division. That's splitting hairs IMO.

Plus, you pointed out where they currently sit in the standings as a reason to say the Leafs aren't the second best team, yet bafflingly referenced 2 teams LOWER in the standings as "considered objectively better." Maybe the Leafs are actually objectively better than 3 of the teams ahead of them?

Can't play both sides of the argument here.

I agree with Zeke, in my estimation this team right now is the second best team in the league. Winnipeg and Nashville can't even make hay in a very weak Western Conference.

Last edited:

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Winnipeg is 3-5-2 in their last 10.

Do people think that record is undeserved?

Every team plays part games. Sometimes good teams dont show up at all.
People do not pay one bit of attention to what other top teams are ACTUALLY doing in games, yet trot out completely false and/or made up narratives that do apply just as equally to pretty much every team in the league, save Tampa.

As a wise person once told me.....

"the dimmest lights always try to shine the brightest"

Unfortunately, this describes quite a few of this fan base.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00