Confirmed with Link: [TOR/WPG] TOR trades Par Lindholm to WPG for Nic Petan

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Are our cupboards that well stocked that we don't need to make any TDL trades?

Who steps in if Hainsey gets injured?

(In no way am I saying that Hainsey is Bobby Orr and elite FYI).

We'll see how this plays out.

I was never satisfied with our 4th line, so I'll credit Dubas for tinkering there. Yes I know he got Muzzin a month ago, but did that satisfy? I don't think so
Huh?

Name one of our D who is a true #6 or worse D-man. Answer? None really are. There is nothing actually wrong with the players, IMO the biggest issue currently is deployment, ice time distribution, and system.

Last edited:
Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
no, nobody had to be sent down.

Before the roster expansion they did. Ennis was activated from the IR on Feb 10th. They also still have Holl and Ozighanov still up with the big club, that's 23. Kadri was never placed on IR.

Moore was up when we had 2 forwards out due to injury/suspension, otherwise there was no room for him on the roster.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
By whom? I'd really like to know why the bolded are considered better. Specifically, what makes those teams better than the Leafs today? The Leafs are 2 points out of third overall, and 1 point out of second in the division. That's splitting hairs IMO.

Plus, you pointed out where they currently sit in the standings as a reason to say the Leafs aren't the second best team, yet bafflingly referenced 2 teams LOWER in the standings as "considered objectively better." Maybe the Leafs are actually objectively better than 3 of the teams ahead of them?

Can't play both sides of the argument here.

I agree with Zeke, in my estimation this team right now is the second best team in the league. Winnipeg and Nashville can't even make hay in a very weak Western Conference.

I posted that first thing when I woke up in the morning I meant Subjectively not objectively. reading your post now I see the mistake.

Reactions: kb

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Petan hasn't played in a couple months. Can we give him a conditioning stint with the Marlies?

How long could they send him there for? Marlies play four of their next six at home.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Lindholm was dime a dozen! We have just witnessed some very nice asset management and cap management to a degree.

Petan is a darkhorse depending onnthe opportunity he gets. Developing players are fun to follow. This guy will come sround and gain some confidence hopefully because he is very talented skills wise.

I couldn't stand Lindholm so some bias on my part. Just didn't like what he brought and was ultra passive

As a 22 year old he posted a PPG in the AHL last season , very similar to what AJ did as a 23 year old.

This young man suffered a unimaginable tragedy during spring training , his father suffered from mental health issues and committed suicide.

As far as i am concerned , his career stopped as a PPG ahl 22 year old with a impeccable JR career.
Let our support staff work with this fine young man and lets see what he is worth next season.
This season is a complete wash in my books.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
The more I think about this trade the more I like it. I don't feel strongly one way or the other about Petan in particular but trading a spare part with marginal impact on the team at all for a shot at a player who might give you 40pts on a minimum contract? Pretty good.

Reactions: Smif

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Part of Dubas' ongoing plan to keep the team competitive year-in and year-out...when Ennis leaves because he wants more money, Petan will come in and fill his spot for cheap.
Exactly, this was my first thought. Petan will replace Ennis next season when Ennis doubles his salary with another team.

member 300185

Petan hasn't played in a couple months. Can we give him a conditioning stint with the Marlies?

How long could they send him there for? Marlies play four of their next six at home.
I hope or Petan won't be playing for us this year

member 300185

That video with Petan was kind of strange when a reporter asked Dubas about Marner's contract. Dubas very sharply said "No Comment!" and turned abruptly away from the media person.

Was he mad at the media guy for something or is the Marner camp giving him grief. He did not answer "No".

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Part of Dubas' ongoing plan to keep the team competitive year-in and year-out...when Ennis leaves because he wants more money, Petan will come in and fill his spot for cheap.
wasn't Carcone going to fill Ennis' spot when we traded for him ?

anyway , plenty of midget options in our system to take over for Ennis next year

Last edited:

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
That video with Petan was kind of strange when a reporter asked Dubas about Marner's contract. Dubas very sharply said "No Comment!" and turned abruptly away from the media person.

Was he mad at the media guy for something or is the Marner camp giving him grief. He did not answer "No".

Anything said by Dubas about Marner is just going to be an over-sensationalized hot topic for weeks, and he was there to talk about the trade deadline, so I didn't read anything into it.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
wasn't Carcone going to fill Ennis' spot when we traded for him ?

anyway , plenty of midget options in our system to take over for Ennis next year

And midgets can't win? Heck, you think you are winning.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Reclamation projects are always nice.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I posted that first thing when I woke up in the morning I meant Subjectively not objectively. reading your post now I see the mistake.
Cool beans. I think we all have our opinions. I'm hoping we are ALL wrong and end up #1.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
And midgets can't win? Look at your mind, you think you are winning.
funny how this board used to laugh at Montreal when they were loaded with smurfs but now that we keep adding them all of sudden they've become the way to win , lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad