Confirmed with Link: TOR sign RD Zach Bogosian [1 year, 1M]

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I don't know about that. Lilly may very well be taking that spot. Would be a good thing if that happens as it would mean Lilly is ready. 1 more year of Bogo looks like it would be a great backup plan.

They could potentially opt to platoon him with Liljgren (if he indeed looks ready to make that transition to the NHL full time).

Keefe seems to like using him

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
They could potentially opt to platoon him with Liljgren (if he indeed looks ready to make that transition to the NHL full time).

That's a good point and possibility.

The decision may hinge more on the cap than we think right now. Hyman has to get a raise.

Reactions: Menzinger

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018

Keefe is a smart man who has increased his minutes steadily.

Bogo been solid and is physical when it is called for but not making it his main focus or putting himself out of position in the process. His focus has been quick, heads up puck movement and smart quarterbacking with his partner to move the puck out. They said on tonights telecast that he has gone 17 (now 18) straight games as a + or even player.

Many moons ago, when the Leafs traded Clark for Sundin, I was almost (I stress almost) as sad to see Lefebvre go as I was Clark. Lefebvre had been part of the best Leafs D core I had seen to that point and was a very steady, stay-at-home D man that I knew we would miss. He was a key D man in back to back Final Fours. He had been +33 that year, was slightly physical and extremely reliable. They didn't make it three in a row after this trade.

I just know that when the playoffs roll around, you better have some Gamers who know how to play their position, especially on D. We knew what we had up front, we absolutely needed some presence in the back end. I said from the beginning he will play an important role within this teams success. The new additions will pay their highest dividends come playoffs.

A team, they have become. Not just a bunch of individuals.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
As a big Dubas fan, this was a strange signing at the time, but even I seem to underrate Dubas's talent evaluation. Bogosian has been fantastic and way better then I expected. Keefe is also using him properly.

Reactions: unitedstars87

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Keefe is a smart man who has increased his minutes steadily.

Bogo been solid and is physical when it is called for but not making it his main focus or putting himself out of position in the process. His focus has been quick, heads up puck movement and smart quarterbacking with his partner to move the puck out. They said on tonights telecast that he has gone 17 (now 18) straight games as a + or even player.

Many moons ago, when the Leafs traded Clark for Sundin, I was almost (I stress almost) as sad to see Lefebvre go as I was Clark. Lefebvre had been part of the best Leafs D core I had seen to that point and was a very steady, stay-at-home D man that I knew we would miss. He was a key D man in back to back Final Fours. He had been +33 that year, was slightly physical and extremely reliable. They didn't make it three in a row after this trade.

I just know that when the playoffs roll around, you better have some Gamers who know how to play their position. We knew what we had up front, we absolutely needed some presence in the back end. I said from the beginning he will play an important role within this teams success. The new additions will pay their highest dividends come playoffs.

A team, they have become. Not just a bunch of individuals.

Yeah, I feel like Brodie fills the Lefebvre role of being the quiet all situations guy with smarts and calm cool demeanor and Bogosian is more like Bob Rouse, who was your meaner RHD. But a functional quality team definitely needs these kind of gamers who know how to play their position like you say.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I thought this guy was supposed to be awful.

At that time I told people he is tough and a very good number 6 (you can check my quotes). The 'tards who don't know hockey said Marincin was better. He will be re signed, he is perfect and very tough. Not many guys want to scrap this guy, he is mean. He is also a plus 7 and has a ring. He is exactly what we were missing on the blueline and with Muzzin and Holl we are no longer fun to play against. We have a top 10 blueline, the best offense and a great goalie tandem.

Reactions: ottomaddox

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
At that time I told people he is tough and a very good number 6 (you can check my quotes). The 'tards who don't know hockey said Marincin was better. He will be re signed, he is perfect and very tough. Not many guys want to scrap this guy, he is mean.
At the time of the signing a lot of folks weren't even penciling him into the lineup. They thought he was just some glorified goon but he actually has some puck moving skills and decent hockey IQ.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Really shouldn't have been a surprise that a guy who looked good as a #6 for the cup winners would look good in the same role for us.

Still lolling that the Habs signed Edmundson for all that money and then dubas pickEd up the better dman for peanuts.

Even funnier that the media praised bergevin for his signing and not dubas.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
He is situated perfectly with his role. I wouldn't want him playing any higher up the lineup but having a stabilizing presence on the 3rd pair is a very valuable thing. He has a better pass and isn't really lead footed either. Dubas totally transformed our defense in like 2 years...and did it cheap and it really doesn't get talked about enough lol

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Was he injured the first game? He looked like he couldn’t turn. Now he moves great!

Great contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad