Confirmed with Link: [TOR/OTT] Phaneuf Deal Pt.2 | Frattin stays with Marlies

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
or you know. we lose 6-5....

sorry - it's just that everyone keeps saying that, like had Frattin scored....
we blew a three goal lead - that NEVER happened before (in that season or in that situation ever)... so it very easily could have been especially how things were going could have been a 4 goal lead we blew.
I get what you're trying to say, but there is lo doubt in my mind that would have clinched the game.

Not his fault for the loss or anything along those lines, but it was a big turning point.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
I didn't realize loans were legal in the nhl. Lets loan Kadri and JvR this season in exchange for picks.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Definitely would suck to be frattin, a better nhl team, with a poor ahl team... Isn't interested in even having him play in their system. Essentially that sends a message they he was just a # in the deal.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Our team got better with the Phaneuf trade. I like how Phaneuf played this season, tougher and harder than the last season. But he is not the leader we want or what toronto as a city and team deserves. And needs. Sundin type or Tucker type would be better. Stamkos would serve better, he played with great example in the playoffs last season with the lightning. But yeah Phaneuf made awful mistakes and wasnt the best leader at times. He was tougher this season but still. We need more, much more.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Definitely would suck to be frattin, a better nhl team, with a poor ahl team... Isn't interested in even having him play in their system. Essentially that sends a message they he was just a # in the deal.

Well hes going to get a really good chance at probably the highest level Championship in his career. Doesnt suck that much. Playing for a better team probably makes him look better too, increasing future contract value.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I've been a long standing member of the HF community & I just thought about this today...

I don't think I've EVER been a fan of the Leafs, on this forum with so little disagreement among the fanbase about the direction of the team. The reaction to what Shanny & Co are doing is so absolutely and utterly right, that the only thing we are "arguing" about is who is part of the core and who we should continue to jettison.

This is something we have collectively been hoping/begging/pleading to have happen for YEARS. Even those of us who thought we could build on Dion/Phil, were in various stages of denial, but deep deep down knew that this was the only way we could win a Cup.

Unite & rejoice Leafs nation. The road ahead is long, but there's a glimmer of hope at the end of it.

13ones

Apr 17, 2015
It's not cap circumvention, Frattin makes less than 950k so his money does not count against the cap when he's in the A.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
What has Frattin done to deserve a chance at anything? Missing scoring a goal on that breakaway in game 7??? :help:

Are you serious? We were up like 4-1 at that point. You people who try and blame his missed breakaway for that collapse look stupid.

EN4CER

Burn the Boats
Apr 8, 2013
Toronto
I've been a long standing member of the HF community & I just thought about this today...

I don't think I've EVER been a fan of the Leafs, on this forum with so little disagreement among the fanbase about the direction of the team. The reaction to what Shanny & Co are doing is so absolutely and utterly right, that the only thing we are "arguing" about is who is part of the core and who we should continue to jettison.

This is something we have collectively been hoping/begging/pleading to have happen for YEARS. Even those of us who thought we could build on Dion/Phil, were in various stages of denial, but deep deep down knew that this was the only way we could win a Cup.

Unite & rejoice Leafs nation. The road ahead is long, but there's a glimmer of hope at the end of it.

Preach on brother! We're in good hands now.... Best management group in hockey.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Our team got better with the Phaneuf trade. I like how Phaneuf played this season, tougher and harder than the last season. But he is not the leader we want or what toronto as a city and team deserves. And needs. Sundin type or Tucker type would be better. Stamkos would serve better, he played with great example in the playoffs last season with the lightning. But yeah Phaneuf made awful mistakes and wasnt the best leader at times. He was tougher this season but still. We need more, much more.

If you're going to pump up stamkos I don't know if bringing up his playoffs would be the best thing.

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
What happened to Frattin?? I really hoped that he'd come into camp this year and finally put it together. He's got some great tools - heavy shot, solid speed, built like a truck.... I'll always remember him sending Beauchemin flying on a reverse hit.

Watching the Marlies this year though it seems like he's resigned himself to being a career AHLer. What do people think caused him not to succeed in the bigs?

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
We are currently at 48 contracts/50.

Correct me if I'm wrong but before the deal, we were at 49/50.

Cap space, contract spot gained from Phaneuf deal. Along with player personnel and pick.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Classic Phanoof. The mobility of legless rhino ... but the toughest facial expression in the league.
Mailing it in for Ottawa. I am not a Phan.

:shakehead

It wasa dion special tonight, not an overall bad night but that 2nd goal was the nail I the coffin.
In his defense ott was running around retty bad. Oh well he is officially someone else's problem.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto

We need Komarov as capitain! amirite?

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
just saw the sens game highlights, and phaneuf was on the ice for both goals. the wings players got around him to score both goals. typical phaneuf being phaneuf :laugh:

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Well hes going to get a really good chance at probably the highest level Championship in his career. Doesnt suck that much. Playing for a better team probably makes him look better too, increasing future contract value.

He was in the Calder cup finals in 2012... He's been there and done that. He also played in the nhl post season, playing 5 games of a thrilling 7 against the eventual Stanley cup finalist, the Boston Bruins in 2013.

He's 28 years old, playing post season hockey in the shadows of the leafs young players isn't what his career needs. He wouldve been better off playing on the top line for the baby sens, and maybe putting up ppg totals. Maybe, just maybe... He might get lucky and have someone in management on that team like something about him enough that he gets one more nhl look.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
just saw the sens game highlights, and phaneuf was on the ice for both goals. the wings players got around him to score both goals. typical phaneuf being phaneuf :laugh:

See, if it was a Sens-Leafs game, Sens fans would be laughing at Dion.

However, I went and asked their opinion and it was basically "He was highly responsible for two goals against, but it was nerves and his game outside of that was pretty solid"

Dion is a very solid player, but god damn he makes a lot of obvious mistakes.

Will feel bad for them when that starts to become agitating :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad