Confirmed with Link: [TOR/OTT] Phaneuf Deal Pt.2 | Frattin stays with Marlies

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
My comment was never addressed so going to report hoping for an answer.

I believe we are currently at 48 contracts/50.

Correct me if I'm wrong but before the deal, we were at 49/50.

Cap space, contract spot gained from Phaneuf deal. Along with player personnel and pick.

Isn't it 4 in and 4 out with Donaghey being a slide spot?

HitoftheMillennium*

Jan 23, 2016
Anyone listen to the biggs and barr show? They spent yesterday morning randomly calling people in Ottawa and apologizing for the trade, basically telling them the game against Detroit is basically what you could expect from Dion and that they were sorry for it :laugh:

Funny stuff.

If they miss the playoffs this season and next, it's going to be remembered as a terrible trade for OTT.

I mean, it's not like he'll help them much after next season even if they do have success.

And this is irrespective of what Lindberg and the second-rounder amount to.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
The way Ottawa is playing this 2nd round pick could be any where from 36th - 40th (you never know)

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Screenshot-2016-02-12-11.11.29.png

• Plotting Dion’s $7M AAV and his 3-year average GAR of -3.4 (2012-13 to 2014-15) paints a dismal picture.
  • Relative to the FMV line, Dion is being paid $6.5M per year more than he contributes to his team’s goal differential.
  • The most pessimistic way of looking at this (which I’m sure will make most Leafs’ fans glow), is to directly multiply the $6.5M loss by the five remaining seasons on his deal: giving a total maximum overpayment/loss of value of $32.5M.

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2016/02/12/how-the-toronto-maple-leafs-may-be-analyzing-their-cap/

Thanks Sens :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->