Confirmed Trade: [TOR/DAL] Connor Carrick for 2019 conditional 7th round pick

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Off to a decent start, two assists in the 2nd period vs Arizona.

Edit: Two assists in 28 seconds, to be clear. Stars went megaton early on after a scoreless first period. :laugh:

Reactions: Dustin

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
thought nylander was traded for janmark
I know Nylander is a good player but man i would be hard pressed myself to move Janmark. He fits so well with Dallas and to believe Janmark + Bäckman + 2nd round pick was traded to Dallas for Eric Cole.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I know Nylander is a good player but man i would be hard pressed myself to move Janmark. He fits so well with Dallas and to believe Janmark + Bäckman + 2nd round pick was traded to Dallas for Eric Cole.

Fun fact, that pick was used to draft Roope Hintz

Reactions: Kcb12345 and serp

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I imagined he's improved some since his time in DC but he was a frustrating player to watch here. He had some skills but just wasn't big enough to use them at the NHL level. I think he's probably got a few years of #7 duty in him then he'll spend the twilight of his career in the AHL.

Reactions: Leafidelity

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I imagined he's improved some since his time in DC but he was a frustrating player to watch here. He had some skills but just wasn't big enough to use them at the NHL level. I think he's probably got a few years of #7 duty in him then he'll spend the twilight of his career in the AHL.
He's good enough to play in Europe in my eyes. Carrick is fiesty but yeah, his size does hurt him. At that size you gotta be really good at something like Ellis or Krug. Carrick simply doesn't have a standout in his game. He reminds me a bit of Ian White. Not as tough though.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I hope the kid continues playing well for you guys

He seemed like a pretty good hard working kid

His effort was never ever questioned.

Guy was a total gym rat who trained tirelessly and would skate through a wall if you asked him to.

His biggest issue was always hockey IQ and size

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
His effort was never ever questioned.

Guy was a total gym rat who trained tirelessly and would skate through a wall if you asked him to.

His biggest issue was always hockey IQ and size

He was a good bottom pair guy, he wasn't what Babcock wanted in that role so he was jettisoned

I didn't agree with it at the time but it's the coaches decision, he wants Ozhiganov instead

sanfordn

Oct 14, 2017
This trade could be one of those ones that makes GM's look really good.

A 7th for Carrick is basically free,

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
Wouldn’t be surprised if he turned into a credible 4th type. Always seemed like Babcock was trying to force him to be something he wasn’t on the backend.

I was honestly a little surprised there wasn’t more interest. He’s got talent and is still young. He’s also a freak when it comes to fitness

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Oh please don't start this "toronto never gave him a chance shit" He simply wasn't good in toronto. There isn't anything else to say. Some players need certain systems to look good and look brutal in others, he was never going to be anything in toronto, and its good for dallas if he plays like a good 3rd pair guy for them.

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
Oh please don't start this "toronto never gave him a chance ****" He simply wasn't good in toronto. There isn't anything else to say. Some players need certain systems to look good and look brutal in others, he was never going to be anything in toronto, and its good for dallas if he plays like a good 3rd pair guy for them.

No doubt they gave him a chance but they were trying to force him into being a net front presence that could kill penalties and that’s not what he is, nor what he’s ever been.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
On the bright side I’m 95% sure that Toronto is going to end up with a 6th unless Carrik gets injured

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad