Confirmed Trade: [TOR/DAL] Connor Carrick for 2019 conditional 7th round pick

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He's not the next Dan Boyle :laugh: . I do see some similarities to another former Leaf and Star Stephane Robidas though.

Stars aquired him for a 6th as well , which the pick here will probably end up as as well.

Last edited:

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Love Carrick. Was never at his best in TO but a really easy guy to root for. I hope he can break out in Dallas. I'll never forget his godlike run in the '16 playoffs with the Marlies. Had a hat trick in like one period on his way to 18 points in 15 games.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Funny how a guy who can't make our defense goes elsewhere and is suddenly good. I suspect the same will happen with Gards. The Leafs defense is fine. The issue is they are all Carrick type D but better (Strong, offensive puck movers) and Carrick was the worse of the bunch. Leafs are desperate for strong shutdown crease clearing cycle stopping D so Babs played anyone like that over him on the bottom pairing (like Polak).

The issue isn't lack of talent it is lack of ability to execute the system. Either the coaching staff suck at explaining the system to the players or the players aren't smart enough to execute it. However given their abilities and ability to follow the system from the blueline through the offensive zone, it must be a system issue.

Like I said before, Carrick was going to become a Stralman type. He would find a fit and be a very good top 4 D for someone. Sadly in Toronto he would never be given that chance simply because the need for a different type of player on defense was greater than the value Carrick brought by being a better player.

orbiter11

Sep 11, 2014
This move and the Mchilleny waive have made me very skeptical of Dubas. I guess because he was the GM when Tavares signed he has a bit of a leash but nothing hes done beyond that has made me secure with him. Ozighnov is not NHL ready and may never be(I could see that in training camp),and Carrick has already proved that hes a 5,6 d man, so you move him when you have no other viable options? I cant wait to see Sparks against chicago tonight.....

Crazy Monkey

Aug 9, 2009
This move and the Mchilleny waive have made me very skeptical of Dubas. I guess because he was the GM when Tavares signed he has a bit of a leash but nothing hes done beyond that has made me secure with him. Ozighnov is not NHL ready and may never be(I could see that in training camp),and Carrick has already proved that hes a 5,6 d man, so you move him when you have no other viable options? I cant wait to see Sparks against chicago tonight.....

2 games LOL

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well Carrick was terrible in the pre-season, like next level of terrible. Picking him over Ozhiganov would have made no sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad