Proposal: Tor-Col and Tor-Car

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Sorry but the original proposal is pure garbage. There’s no way Colorado takes 100% of the cap hit AND trades Newhook and a first. The OP was a garbage proposal. Sorry but it’s the truth.
I hate to say it but a last 1st and Newhook is probably fair value for Nylander.

What is it about Nylander that you believe puts him in Late 1st + B prospect + capdump range?

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
These are bad trades for all 3 teams. They make no sense for anyone.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I hate to say it but a last 1st and Newhook is probably fair value for Nylander.

What is it about Nylander that you believe puts him in Late 1st + B prospect + capdump range?

Given the alternatives, I’m telling you what it would take for it to make sense for Colorado. And I like Nylander. There are plenty of Avs fans who’d simply slam the door in your face at the outset.

Why do you act like the Avs exist to help out the Leafs?! Good grief!

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Given the alternatives, I’m telling you what it would take for it to make sense for Colorado. And I like Nylander. There are plenty of Avs fans who’d simply slam the door in your face at the outset.

Why do you act like the Avs exist to help out the Leafs?! Good grief!

Given the alternatives? What alternatives are out there that nets you a top-line winger on a more than fair salary for
late 1st + B prospect + capdump?

At least admit it was a garbage offer. Obviously the Leafs could find a suitor that would blow that offer off the table.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Why not just sign Hall for 2 or 3 years and hang on to Newhook and the pick?

I think Nylander is a talented player but I also feel like it rules out Hall. I feel like we’d need a left wing who has more of a two way game if we had Nylander at RW.

I feel like Toronto would have to take Cole back. I also feel like Newhook and the 1st is too much.

Maybe Kaut, the 1st, and Cole?
Dude your making the Av's fan base look bad. The initial trade proposal is fair. Nylander is great player and is not overpaid at all. I agree that getting Hall on a shorter term is a better option for the Av's but that is an insulting counter proposal for a very good player.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
What Vancouver wants to do with Louie Erickson, Sutter etc. What Pitts did to dump Bjugstad.
You just called those dumps. Lol. I'm pretty sure I was you to define cap-clearing. You're clearing Nylander's cap AAV to attain APs. You can't take back a large contract in return, right? Thus, cap clearing. Call it whatever you want want , the mechanics of the deal and intent are clear.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Kaut is a middling prospect. Not a high-level or high-potential prospect. He's a B prospect.
A late 1st is a late 1st.

Cole is a capdump. Avs would love to dump his contract on someone.

What have i said above that is not true? Notwithstanding, its a joke of an offer for Nylander.
Leafs wouldn't do it for just Kaut + 1st, especially with Cole attached.

Kaut is extremely valuable to Colorado though. He's on an ELC for the next 3 years, and in his call-up in March he looked capable of playing at a 3rd line level already. He's also the type of player who raises his game when playing with better players (eg. Zadina and Necas at the WJC) so he may surprise as a complimentary top 6 forward. Still to be proven though obviously.

I don't think Sakic even considers moving Newhook; his development timeline simply lines up perfectly with Kadri's contract, and his style of play is tailor-made for the way Colorado plays. Not to mention that he's looking really good as well. Even if all he becomes is a 50 point 2C that's arguably more valuable to Colorado than Nylander due to the 3 ELC years until 2024.

Reactions: scottykarate

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Dude your making the Av's fan base look bad. The initial trade proposal is fair. Nylander is great player and is not overpaid at all. I agree that getting Hall on a shorter term is a better option for the Av's but that is an insulting counter proposal for a very good player.

That’s foolish.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You just called those dumps. Lol. I'm pretty sure I was you to define cap-clearing. You're clearing Nylander's cap AAV to attain APs. You can't take back a large contract in return, right? Thus, cap clearing. Call it whatever you want want , the mechanics of the deal and intent are clear.

If you mean cap clearing as in the return has to be picks / prospects vs a straight up hockey deal then fair enough. I never referred to it in that manner. But with that, Nylander has significant value in a "cap clearing" trade. 1st + Newhook was fair value. I wouldn't do it if i am the Avs (because they don't need Nylander). But its fair value.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
I'm all up for moving Nylander but how does it help the Leafs in the playoffs trading him for a B prospect and a late 1st.
How many prospects would you consider A grade at this time? Because Newhook just had a stellar college season and should be considered a top 10 prospect in the league.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
He's right - you are making Avs fans look bad. @Richard88, help this dude out.

What’s the point of saying it’s “fair” if it’s not realistic that the Avs would do it?

I don’t see why he’s worried about diplomatic here. He’s selling out and not being intellectually honest. Glad he’s more palatable to you.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Leafs wouldn't do it for just Kaut + 1st, especially with Cole attached.

Kaut is extremely valuable to Colorado though. He's on an ELC for the next 3 years, and in his call-up in March he looked capable of playing at a 3rd line level already. He's also the type of player who raises his game when playing with better players (eg. Zadina and Necas at the WJC) so he may surprise as a complimentary top 6 forward. Still to be proven though obviously.

I don't think Sakic even considers moving Newhook; his development timeline simply lines up perfectly with Kadri's contract, and his style of play is tailor-made for the way Colorado plays. Not to mention that he's looking really good as well. Even if all he becomes is a 50 point 2C that's arguably more valuable to Colorado than Nylander due to the 3 ELC years until 2024.

1st + Newhook was fair value for Nylander but not a trade the Avs should make. I agree that Newhook's developmental timeline works will with the Avs future plans. Avs don't need Nylander to compete.

But while Kaut has value to the Avs for the reasons you mentioned, he is merely a B-level prospect to other teams. i.e. Not a high-potential top-6 forward.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
If you mean cap clearing as in the return has to be picks / prospects vs a straight up hockey deal then fair enough. I never referred to it in that manner. But with that, Nylander has significant value in a "cap clearing" trade. 1st + Newhook was fair value. I wouldn't do it if i am the Avs (because they don't need Nylander). But its fair value.
I often disagree with your takes but I'm with you here. Good luck convincing this guy though. Maybe the biggest homer glasses I've seen in Av's fan base. I'm pretty sure he also considers Marner a cap dump...

Reactions: Junohockeyfan

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I often disagree with your takes but I'm with you here. Good luck convincing this guy though. Maybe the biggest homer glasses I've seen in Av's fan base. I'm pretty sure he also considers Marner a cap dump...

I'm gonna stop trying to convince him. That's the role of Avs veteran posters to reign him in. ;)

Reactions: Mac Attack

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
I don't believe I've ever said he has no value / shouldn't be traded for anything other than fair value. Of course he shouldn't be traded for crap. Of course he's a good player. He's even on a decent deal. I think I've stated fairly clearly that he isn't what the Avs need right now to return what ever Toronto thinks is fair.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I don't believe I've ever said he has no value / shouldn't be traded for anything other than fair value. Of course he shouldn't be traded for crap. Of course he's a good player. He's evenon a decent deal. I think I've stated fairly clearly that he isn't what the Avs need right now to return what ever Toronto thinks is fair.

No argument with your points above. I agree with you.

I just disagree with the idiotic proposal of 1st + Kaut + Cole.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
He's right - you are making Avs fans look bad. @Richard88, help this dude out.
There's no circumstance in which Toronto would take on Cole if they're trading Nylander for capspace.

Nylander has a very good contract, and is signed throughout his prime until 2024 which would work well for Colorado. That said, Newhook + #24 for Nylander isn't happening because Newhook on an ELC is too valuable.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5