Proposal: Tor-Col and Tor-Car

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
And the Avs take on all the current salary. So bad!! LOL :thumbd::laugh:
Avs have no reason to help Dubas out of his mess. I don’t hate this trade from a value standpoint but I’d definitely pull out the 2020 1st. Would do this as a hockey trade one for one. An elite level prospect for a top 6 winger. Dubas called the Avs so the trade happens on the Avs terms. Not Kyles.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Hey Avs we''ll give you one of the softest 70 pt wingers in the game and all we are asking back is Newhook who will end up a better player and your 1st rd pick. Hows that tickle your throat?

Im what world will Newhook even be close to Nylander? Those two aren't even in the same realm as prospects.

Nylander was at one point the top prospect in the sport. Newhook isn't even remotely in the same stratosphere. Nylander also was the leader in slot goals this season. He lives in the crease. How is that soft?

Dear god Nylander is underrated.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Avs have no reason to help Dubas out of his mess. I don’t hate this trade from a value standpoint but I’d definitely pull out the 2020 1st. Would do this as a hockey trade one for one. An elite level prospect for a top 6 winger. Dubas called the Avs so the trade happens on the Avs terms. Not Kyles.

Why not just sign Hall for 2 or 3 years and hang on to Newhook and the pick?

I think Nylander is a talented player but I also feel like it rules out Hall. I feel like we’d need a left wing who has more of a two way game if we had Nylander at RW.

I feel like Toronto would have to take Cole back. I also feel like Newhook and the 1st is too much.

Maybe Kaut, the 1st, and Cole?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Why not just sign Hall for 2 or 3 years and hang on to Newhook and the pick?

I think Nylander is a talented player but I also feel like it rules out Hall. I feel like we’d need a left wing who has more of a two way game if we had Nylander at RW.

I feel like Toronto would have to take Cole back. I also feel like Newhook and the 1st is too much.

Maybe Kaut, the 1st, and Cole?

Jesus - a mid-level (B) prospect, a late 1st and a capdump with multiple years remaining?

I hate the Leafs but even i can't let that one slip by. lol

Reactions: Byron Bitz

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
I'm all up for moving Nylander but how does it help the Leafs in the playoffs trading him for a B prospect and a late 1st.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Jesus - a mid-level (B) prospect, a late 1st and a capdump with multiple years remaining?

I hate the Leafs but even i can't let that one slip by. lol

A cap dump? The irony of this objection since the premise is Toronto adds Pietrangelo and needs to make room for his salary. I don’t see why Colorado takes 100% of the cap hit of this transaction. Sorry.

Kaut was a first round pick and is closer to playing in the NHL than Newhook. He has a good shot. And he plays RW.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
A cap dump? The irony of this objection since the premise is Toronto adds Pietrangelo and needs to make room for his salary. I don’t see why Colorado takes 100% of the cap hit of this transaction. Sorry.

Kaut was a first round pick and is closer to playing in the NHL than Newhook. He has a good shot. And he plays RW.

Kaut is a middling prospect. Not a high-level or high-potential prospect. He's a B prospect.
A late 1st is a late 1st.

Cole is a capdump. Avs would love to dump his contract on someone.

What have i said above that is not true? Notwithstanding, its a joke of an offer for Nylander.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Im what world will Newhook even be close to Nylander? Those two aren't even in the same realm as prospects.

Nylander was at one point the top prospect in the sport. Newhook isn't even remotely in the same stratosphere. Nylander also was the leader in slot goals this season. He lives in the crease. How is that soft?

Dear god Nylander is underrated.
Its gotten toxic on here, on almost any Leaf proposal any of our players are crap, remember Kap was practically a cap dump to some HAHAHAHAAHAHHA

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption
This is based on the leafs signing Alex Pietrangelo

Toronto- William Nylander

Colorado- Alex Newhook and 24th overall

Toronto: The leafs shed much needed cap space, Alex Newhook can hopefully fill the 3C role in 2021-22 season he has loads of potential and a 1st to add a good prospect

Colorado: adds an elite forward to add depth to the second line. They could take a chance and see how he does at centre and bump Kadri to the 3rd line.
?

Colorado would not trade Newhook for Nylander so a huge no!!!

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Kaut is a middling prospect. Not a high-level or high-potential prospect. He's a B prospect.

What have i said above that is not true? Notwithstanding, its a joke of an offer for Nylander.

What have I said that’s untrue (including just keeping our assets and going after Hall)?

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane

I agree with what you are saying. I think it's just a proposal for the Leafs to sign AP, but the Leafs can easily find a better deal.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
What have I said that’s untrue (including just keeping our assets and going after Hall)?

You said "how about Kaut + 1st + Cole for Nylander". Now its not about what is untrue. Its about what is unjust and unfair. Your offer is putrid to the Leafs.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I said no such thing. But moving him would be a cap-clearing move, though. What other incentive is there to move him since he's Top 10ish?

Moving Nylander is not a cap-clearing move. Nylander's value doesn't decrease because they want to sign AP. They simply trade Nylander first for close to fair value then sign AP.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
You said "how about Kaut + 1st + Cole for Nylander". Now its not about what is untrue. Its about what is unjust and unfair. Your offer is putrid to the Leafs.

Sorry but the original proposal is pure garbage. There’s no way Colorado takes 100% of the cap hit AND trades Newhook and a first. The OP was a garbage proposal. Sorry but it’s the truth.

Reactions: viceroy

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Moving Nylander is not a cap-clearing move. Nylander's value doesn't decrease because they want to sign AP. They simply trade Nylander first for close to fair value then sign AP.

The premise was that the Leafs add Pietrangelo and need to make room for his salary. How is it not the very definition of a cap-clearing move?

Reactions: scottykarate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad