Proposal: Tor-Col and Tor-Car

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Clearing up cap space in order to fill it right back up with a single contract isn't the way to go for Toronto imo. If they're going to clear cap space it should to be in order to beef up their depth to better support the top end. Getting Pietrangelo is great and all, but Toronto is back to square one where they're a top heavy team with nothing to back it up once their top line leaves the ice. Add that into the fact that Pietrangelo isn't a young guy anymore and who knows if he'll be the same player in Toronto that he was/is in St. Louis. Something something eggs all in one basket.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Clearing up cap space in order to fill it right back up with a single contract isn't the way to go for Toronto imo. If they're going to clear cap space it should to be in order to beef up their depth to better support the top end. Getting Pietrangelo is great and all, but Toronto is back to square one where they're a top heavy team with nothing to back it up once they leave the ice. Add that into the fact that Pietrangelo isn't a young guy anymore and who knows if he'll be the same player in Toronto that he was/is in St. Louis. Something something eggs all in one basket.

For all the reasons you stated above, i hope the Leafs land Petey!

Rooting for you guys! ;)

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
No argument with your points above. I agree with you.

I just disagree with the idiotic proposal of 1st + Kaut + Cole.

What’s idiotic is saying one thing isn’t “cap-clearing” and then calling something that’s the very same thing “cap-clearing”.

Let’s just abuse the language some more and then call other people idiots.

:laugh::D

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Sure as long as everyone dances around the issue of what it would actually take for a deal to happen and ignores your double talk with the term “cap-clearing”.

The irony is that in your "cap-clearing" deal, you added a "capdump" in Cole to the Leafs. LOL

You should probably listen to your fellow Avs fans and take a breather. Maybe watch some hockey.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
The irony is that in your "cap-clearing" deal, you added a "capdump" in Cole to the Leafs. LOL

You should probably listen to your fellow Avs fans and take a breather. Maybe watch some hockey.

Maybe you should stop being fast and loose with the language?

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Please for the love of god. No more Toronto - Carolina trade proposals. They’re all so bad. Just trying to jam Andersen down our throats and take a prime player or asset in exchange. Please stop. Dear lord. No more. End it please.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Wait, who gets the last word? I think you deserve it most with your groundbreaking late 1st + Kaut + Cole for Nylander offer.

Go Gabe Go!

Right. We should all just mindlessly nod and say “it’s fair” out of some dedication to bogus diplomacy and talk around what would actually be required for it to happen.

At least now I know that you’re willing to say up is down and down is up.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Right. We should all just mindlessly nod and say “it’s fair” out of some dedication to bogus diplomacy and talk around what would actually be required for it to happen.

At least now I know that you’re willing to say up is down and down is up.

That was profound. And to show you i am the bigger man, i will now state that Gabe is the poster of the year for his:

late 1st + Kaut + Cole for Nylander trade.

Some good material their bud. Keep it up! ;)

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
That was profound. And to show you i am the bigger man, i will now state that Gabe is the poster of the year for his:

late 1st + Kaut + Cole for Nylander trade.

Some good material their bud. Keep it up! ;)

At least I don’t look at a red car and try to tell everyone it’s blue.

:thumbu:

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Where would you rate Newhook leaguewide?

I’m not sure. I don’t rank the prospects league wide. But based on his season at BC, Avs fans can at least feel a little better about how he plays against better competition. That was one of the concerns before he was drafted.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Terrible for Carolina. Kerfoot and AJ don't do anything for the Canes roster. Andersen is worth a 2nd round pick which would improve #24 to about #20. Huge value gap down to #13. Especially if Askarov is there.

Andersen is far from the best goalie on the market. He's a middling upgrade to Petr Mrazek.

Canes will stay at #13 and take one Askarov, Jarvis, Quinn, or whoever falls.
He is the only reason the leafs didn’t lose 4 straight every year. Take away this season which was a career low ( still better then marzek ) he’s statistically a top 5 goalie in the nhl on a consistent basis.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
So playing Kadri on the 3rd line wasn't good enough for Toronto, but it's good enough for Colorado so Colorado can help Toronto out? Yeah let's all follow Toronto's recipe for playoff success.
Who said it wasn’t good? He was a standout player but his emotions got the best of him.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
You mean to tell me that Carolina doesn't want to trade a decade of a franchise goalie in Askarov for 1 year of Frederik Andersen?!? Have you even considered how much Toronto could use a franchise goalie on an ELC? Don't be so selfish.

It will be so delicious if 2 weeks from now the Canes select Askarov with Toronto's own pick. I'm pumped.
Or he could bust and be an average KHL goalie

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
hahahahaha

Laugh but they won’t. If salaries are equal(ish) I can see it happening. 6M has a huge difference now.

I really try to avoid dumping on Leaf “proposals” (99.8% of them aren’t from Leaf fans), and even though Nylander, Marner, and Matthews are young, there has to be a cap dump coming back. Because the salary.

Like say Eichel, Skinner, or Risto is traded to the Leafs. You know the trade is XX for YY, but the ZZ is for cap purposes and irrelevant to the trade.

Reactions: JohnnyT91

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Hey Avs we''ll give you one of the softest 70 pt wingers in the game and all we are asking back is Newhook who will end up a better player and your 1st rd pick. Hows that tickle your throat?
It’s a little early to say he will be better. He could bust.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Why not just sign Hall for 2 or 3 years and hang on to Newhook and the pick?

I think Nylander is a talented player but I also feel like it rules out Hall. I feel like we’d need a left wing who has more of a two way game if we had Nylander at RW.

I feel like Toronto would have to take Cole back. I also feel like Newhook and the 1st is too much.

Maybe Kaut, the 1st, and Cole?
You’re crazy if you think hall takes anything less then 7 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad