Confirmed Trade: [TOR/CGY] David Rittich (@50%) for 2022 3rd round pick

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Honest question to Flames fans;

Why are you shocked or upset Calgary retained? Were you hoping they use that money on something else?

Last edited:
Reactions: al secord

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Honest question to Flames fans;

Why are you shocked or upset Calgary retained? We're you hoping they used that money on something else?
Shocked because Flames ownership has always been heavily rumoured to not be willing to pay players to play for other teams (retention). This is the first time they’ve ever retained salary if I am not mistaken. That’s why it’s shocking.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
But he's still not winning a playoff series.
No one is asking him to win a playoffs series. Leafs need a backup for the rest of the season to maintain top spot. Hutch has certainly played above his ability but they cant count on him down the stretch.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Shocked because Flames ownership has always been heavily rumoured to not be willing to pay players to play for other teams (retention). This is the first time they’ve ever retained salary if I am not mistaken. That’s why it’s shocking.

I guess they realized paying 50% of Rittich for the rest of the season is better than paying 100% of Rittich for the rest of the season.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Yeah, 3rd is fine for a backup goalie. Never been impressed with Rittich but who knows. Then again, he'll probably be able to replace Andersen.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Woooo. This confirms that Andersen is done for the season till the playoffs start at the very least so more cap space to work with.

And if he is back for the playoffs a 1 2 3 of Andersen, Campbell and Rittich is pretty good

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
I think if Anderson is done, then this is a must move. If not, then I mean whats the point of giving away 3rd round picks. Especially since next year is suppose to be a good draft year.
Normally I might agree, but clearly both Freddy and Campbell have had some injury issues this year. There is a bigger chance than I would like that Rittich sees playoff action, and I think we could still win games with him. He could also be an option for next year if he does well

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Solid deal for the Leafs. Goalie depth is needed! Pushes Andersen down to 3rd string goalie for when he's healthy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad