Confirmed Trade: [TOR/CGY] David Rittich (@50%) for 2022 3rd round pick

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Just pointing out Dubas makes the trade for Rittich based on pro scouting information. Likely there was more than one goalie Dubas was targeting, and the deal he made was ultimately his choice, but the pro scouts’ information would be an important part of the decision of which guy to acquire and the cost to pay.

I was wondering if Brodie had anything to do with influencing Dubas. ?

Reactions: Luckylarry

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Rittich is shit. Any pro scout that says otherwise shouldn't have a job. With all the backup goalies that were supposedly available and didn't get traded, the Leafs somehow end up with this one? Praise be to our saviour dipshit dubas

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I've seen enough of Rittich to know he is better than he was last night. Still an odd move to use a 3rd round pick for a #3 goalie, who isn't much better than your #4. Only 3 draft picks per year now for the next 2 years.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Rittich will be fine. Talk about overreactions to a bad game. He's a career .907. Those are very solid backup numbers.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
I really don't know what Dubas was thinking with this acquisition. Rittich seemed to struggle at times here in Calgary so what was Toronto looking for?

Saving the 3rd and playing Hutchinson (Who has a decent .919 Save percentage) when JC needed a break would have been the better option for the Leafs.

no covid protocol, and available, and an upgrade on Hutch. nobody can seriously think he isnt, bad game aside

when Hutch gets into the 'set' position, he shrinks, and he isnt big to begin with ...he leaves too much net open to be able to be relied upon in the event of injuries.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
They should have thrown in a 5th and picked up Bernier instead.
...and he wouldnt have been available to play until tomorrow, and Campbell would have had to play too much, and risks getting hurt in the meantime, and Bernier become the only semi 'healthy' goalie

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
no covid protocol, and available, and an upgrade on Hutch. nobody can seriously think he isnt, bad game aside

when Hutch gets into the 'set' position, he shrinks, and he isnt big to begin with ...he leaves too much net open to be able to be relied upon in the event of injuries.
Well, he's good enough to have a .919 save percentage and to me that's the moneyball stat GMs should be paying a lot of attention to when it comes to goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad