Confirmed Trade: [TOR/CGY] David Rittich (@50%) for 2022 3rd round pick

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Toronto is expecting Big Save Dave but instead is getting Red Light Rittich.

Good backup. Really reassuring they Calgary understands that they need to retool

Reactions: Devonator

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Leafs should have traded for Rask as insurance. Riddick is garbage.
Why? Even at 50% we would be paying 3.5 M for our third string goalie. What would the cost be? More than a third + the cost of a third team to retain. How about room in the cap for a depth defenceman?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
You're telling me the Leafs couldn't have at least got James Reimer or Petr Mrazek from Carolina instead? Both far better goalies than No Save Dave.

Reactions: Devonator

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Why? Even at 50% we would be paying 3.5 M for our third string goalie. What would the cost be? More than a third + the cost of a third team to retain. How about room in the cap for a depth defenceman?

Yes but a team that is pretty much favorites to win the cup this year, you are taking high risks going in with Campbell and Riddick as your goalies. If Campbell goes down, their chances to win the cup this year are toast. Rask would be a huge insurance policy.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Normally I might agree, but clearly both Freddy and Campbell have had some injury issues this year. There is a bigger chance than I would like that Rittich sees playoff action, and I think we could still win games with him. He could also be an option for next year if he does well

I think getting a look at next year is a good idea. Might need to sign a Rittich for cheap if necessary since Anderson is gone this off-season. He's a UFA though, so you're not getting much control.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Yes but a team that is pretty much favorites to win the cup this year, you are taking high risks going in with Campbell and Riddick as your goalies. If Campbell goes down, their chances to win the cup this year are toast. Rask would be a huge insurance policy.
We are not. Rittich may give Campbell some rest down the streach, but we will be going with Campbell- Andersen- Rittich in the playoffs.

Reactions: Nightrain

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010

As is the case with any starting goalie on a contender.

Bond

May 10, 2012
lol Rittich run over your dog or something? Cause this is kinda sad.
Nah, Riddick did.
220px-Riddick_-_photo.jpg

Reactions: Some Other Flame

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
You're telling me the Leafs couldn't have at least got James Reimer or Petr Mrazek from Carolina instead? Both far better goalies than No Save Dave.

I would have cried at a Reimer and Leafs reunion but Toronto probably wanted someone who didn't have to quarantine.

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
It would have been negligent for Dubas to not upgrade the goaltending considering injury concerns with Campbell & Anderson. Was hoping for Ullmark but this is a great alternative. Now grab a 6/7 dman and this team is laughing.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Don’t love it, don’t hate it. I think it’s a good idea to have insurance in net especially considering how Andersen is seemingly out for a while and Campbell himself has question marks around his health

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad