Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CBJ/SJS] TOR acquire Nick Foligno [75% Retained] & Stefan Noesen for 2021 1st, 2021 & 2022 4ths

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
Love it. The playoffs are a different game. We needed a player like this so bad

this allows Hyman to drive that third line which Keefe values so highly

Galchenyuk Matthews Marner
Foligno Tavares Nylander
Mikyahev Kerfoot Hyman
Thornton Spezza Simmonds

is how I see it right now

I may be in the minority on this but I can’t see Gally as a good decision for the top line come playoffs

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Imagine caring about a 1st in this season ..

I don't think that most people mind giving up a 1st, we mind giving it up for a guy that won't make much of a difference in terms of improving something which the team already has. Had this been for a #4 dman that could add some offense then great.

Reactions: Kurtz

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I don’t like this at all. Where does he fit?

Anywhere you need him, he's a 2nd/3rd line tweener, plays a hard game, would instantly improve the 2nd line, plays a nasty game that would allow Tavares and Nylander to play their skill game. He was paying 18 min ATOI a night in CLB, probably too much for a guy with his limited scoring skillset, he would be better down around 16 min a night.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I think the issue is it is a short term rental of a low producing complimentary player for a pretty steep price in what was supposed to be a buyers market.

I agree, the price is more than I'd like. But this draft is universally panned and this is arguably the best team we've had in decades. Also, the player drafted with the first likely wouldn't be here for 3-4 years, if ever.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
How the hell did we trade our 1st round pick and a pair of 4th round picks for Wayne Simmonds 2.0, who plays 18 minutes+ minutes per night and is a complete black hole offensively....

Just terrible.

Reactions: Kurtz and LFCTML

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
tumblr_ptiohpFnBk1w4diwfo2_540.gifv

One for the plug (Noesen) and one Foligno

Leafs are battle ready
Winnipeg+Jets+v+Columbus+Blue+Jackets+BVTO5Yj-aKgx.jpg

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario

We really don't need more offence, need to be harder to play against and Foligno checks that box. Haven’t watched many Columbus games this year but I don’t think he’s s bad offensively as some tweets are suggesting either. This was a good trade and definitely makes us better playoff team. The 31 overall pick is not really that bad of a price imho.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Don't like it especially the price, but hey we got tougher. This better work out or the big gritty fans will have a lot of explaining to do.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Lol at some of you whining over the pick
Terrible draft year with scouts going off of luck and guess work and you guys are acting like this is the Phil trade all over.
I think this means kerfoot is going for a dman otherwise there’s gonna be some unhappy veterans real soon

People aren't whining over the pick. We're batching about taking a washed up old man back, when a guy like Iafallo could probably have been had for that 1st round pick.

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
Lol at some of you whining over the pick
Terrible draft year with scouts going off of luck and guess work and you guys are acting like this is the Phil trade all over.
I think this means kerfoot is going for a dman otherwise there’s gonna be some unhappy veterans real soon

Crazy how ppl value pick 25-31 but are willing to move Lily/Sandin and Amirov. Love what he can bring to this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad