Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CBJ/SJS] TOR acquire Nick Foligno [75% Retained] & Stefan Noesen for 2021 1st, 2021 & 2022 4ths

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Foligno is a warrior, this fan base is pure cancer lol. I'm pumped for this move
Totally agree. Guys like Foligno and Nash are the type of warriors you want on your team come playoff time. And for those who are complaining they’re free agents, who’s to say we don’t re-sign them? This helps us have a head start on negotiations for a deal to be made once the expansion draft is complete.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Nick Foligno • #71 • W
Ht/Wt:6'0", 211 lbs.
Born : Oct 31, 1987 (33 yrs) in Buffalo, NY
Experience : 13 years
Drafted : Drafted by Ottawa in 2006 (1/28).
Acquired : Acquired in a trade with Ottawa in 2012.
Shoots : L

SCOUTING REPORT
Displays outstanding work ethic and grit. Has all-around ability and a willingness to learn and improve. Pays the price to put up offensive numbers. Can play anywhere needed, and any role. Is a natural leader, too. Lacks a little consistency from game to game, including in the physical department. Is not as gifted as his father Mike in terms of scoring goals in the NHL, nor is he as big (and imposing) as his brother Marcus.
Long Range Potential : Excellent, versatile scoring forward.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
That's been the known price for the past week.

He has a ridiculously low oiSH at 5v5 the past 2 years. I assume he's going to be played on either Matthews/Marner or Tavares/Nylander's LW and hope to provide a Hyman-like presence.

This deal is essentially cup or bust on a grading perspective.

Exactly, he's a tertiary forward used to get the puck to the guys who do damage. Columbus just doesn't have guys who do damage outside of their blueline.

WatchOut

Feb 7, 2016
Ontario
Higher price than what I thought, but happy we didn't give up any of our young guys. Do you guys thing we will make another trade or are we done ?

Reactions: willmma

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The Toronto Maple Jackets are looking good! Hoping to see the return of the Foligno Leap come playoff time! Tough to give up a 1st for a possible rental. Better that than any of the top prospects though IMO.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Not a 3rd liner, another Hyman type.

foligni87

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Not the beat player available, but probably the best fit to help the Leafs in their areas of weakness.

Price was high, but we’re in our window right now. If we’re not going to try to win now, when?

Reactions: DarrenX

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Pricey but I'm excited. Adds another Hyman type to the top 9. Of he rumored guys he was probably #2 on my shopping list behind Hall especially since Granlund looks like he's staying in Nash

This draft is hard to get a read on. And I suspect the front office is willing to gamble they can use their 2nd to find a guy who slips through the cracks.

Going deep in the playoffs will matter more to this club than any late 1st will this draft. Just have to wait and see if they manage to do that.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Please just don’t put Foligno in the top 6. I value his defence, but Tavares and Nylander need offensive help this year. They have some of the best defensive numbers in the league already.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Leafs have Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Rielly etc. to figure out the PP.

If 50 million dollars worth of players can't figure out the PP, then they have bigger issues to deal with.
The whole point of the deadline is to upgrade areas of weakness, and that's really the only one. If they were prepared to trade a first, it may as well have gotten a useful return

Reactions: stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->