Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CBJ/SJS] TOR acquire Nick Foligno [75% Retained] & Stefan Noesen for 2021 1st, 2021 & 2022 4ths

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Dubas left enough cap space to make another trade it looks like. I don't think he needed to get more than 50% to get Foligno even if Andersen is back before the end of year.

EDIT: I might be wrong though, could be tight.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Cobra

Machinae

Jul 6, 2007
Mississauga, ON
Honestly. I think people are going to be very pleasantly surprised once game 1 starts and our 3rd line has Foligno on it and Hyman can now slot in with Tavares/Nylander. The guy is a warrior, 59% Dzone starts, and will go through the boards on the forecheck. Oh, and he's better than Kerfoot on draws, so that's just a bonus.

Don't people realize that Galch alleviated the need for another top 6 LW? If he keeps up what he's doing, there's no room in the top 6 for a pure skill guy...
Or even the other way around, maybe Foligno plods along in the top 6 while Hyman can stay on that very very good 3rd line that he runs

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I'm happier trading the first than any of our better prospects (Sandin, Liljegren, Robertson, and Amirov) .. Plus other promising guys

This, Xs 100.

people on HF just wanna pleasure themselves about the draft and picks every year. It’s not as fun of an experience on these boards if your team doesn’t have a bunch of exciting picks.

We gotta try to win a cup at some point. The next 5 years is that point.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Not even close. About half the offensive production at this point in his career. He plays 18+ minutes per night in Columbus and is less than a 0.5 ppg player.
This shouldn't have to be explained, but some here have trouble with the concept that Folingo doesn't have to be judged based on his offensive stats, especially considering he played in Columbus.

Columbus is 28th in the league in goals for game so naturally his numbers are going to be poorer.

Reactions: MJK and The Cobra

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Perfect addition, who cares about the first. Let’s try and make a deep run. We’ve got so many forwards we can play around with.

maybe we claim Mete off waivers for a depth defenseman. But if we can get Oleksiak at some point tomorrow for Kerfoot that would be a win

Reactions: The Cobra

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Foligno was one of my top preferred acquisition targets so it's a great pick-up. He's averaged over 18min/game in CBJ for years, so this bolsters the top six and i'd imagine he starts with Matthews. He will handle this team's speed just fine and has a rocket of a wrister. His game is not predicated on speed. His numbers were likely suppressed in Torts' defensive system with poor playmaking C's.

Do not underestimate his intangibles. It's a term that gets laughed at around here, but Foligno's a very vocal leader, something this bench has lacked until this year (even Keefe has said this). He demands accountability. Will be a disciplined bodyguard for Matthews/Marner when things escalate in a long series. A LW power forward for the top 9 has been one of the biggest team needs for years.

However, this price is steep and as I said pre-trade, moving a 1st for a 33 year old rental is disappointing. I've been wrong on Dubas' trades before (e.g. Galchenyuk), but for a player that has to quarantine, you get dozen regular season games + playoffs in a buyers market at an inflated price. If you win a couple rounds it's justified, but Foligno has talked about re-signing with CBJ in the off-season and will price himself out anyway. Pure rental. Lukewarm on this deal but it's necessary given TOR's contender status.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Dubas bruh..... 1st for freakin Foligno?

But....... I understand. We not going to get a better opportunity to make conference finals and then hope for the best like we have now.....

so......... I get it

DutchHockeyGuy

Mar 8, 2007
I don't usually comment about trades, but in a buyers market that price should fetch an impact player. Hopefully Foligno will be.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Wouldn't be surprised if he sees a goal increase due to our ability to generate shot attempts . In need of some cleanup around the net.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Leafs: Have trouble scoring last series.

Leafs Management, apparently: If only we had someone who can't do anything offensively.

Surely the Leafs had enough scoring talent? Maybe they didn't have the right mix of players to maximize that scoring (i.e. everything on the perimeter, no forecheck, no forcing turnovers.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
This shouldn't have to be explained, but some here have trouble with the concept that Folingo doesn't have to be judged based on his offensive stats, especially considering he played in Columbus.

Columbus is 28th in the league in goals for game so naturally his numbers are going to be poorer.

Teams aren’t solely comprised of scorers, either.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Yall care too much about a first rounder in this draft. Where we could very easily be picking 28th or later. This team has a lot of good prospects already. I would not be surprised if someone like Dermott gets traded with a bit extra if needed to get that 1st rounder back.

Reactions: Korg

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Hall is going to go for like a 2nd and two middling prospects and he's going to put up insane numbers with a legitimate team.

This needs to work out. Some portion of our fans believe this kind of player is all we needed. Hopefully for their sake it works out

Yep. This is an all in move. If the Leafs run into a "hot goalie" again and find themselves out early people are going to wonder why this was the player they prioritzed.

Oh well. Should the Leafs make the Final Four (which they still have a good chance of doing) the "grit and toughness" crowd will still say it's a win and that Foligno is all we needed. I hope this guy does more than just look mean and facewashes.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Or even the other way around, maybe Foligno plods along in the top 6 while Hyman can stay on that very very good 3rd line that he runs
Yeah, don't mind that either. We're uber skilled and have 3 (maybe 4 if Tavares can get his shit together) gamebreakers in the top 6, then sprinkle in a gritty checker with half decent touch like Hyman or Foligno along with Chucky rounding it out and I think we're looking good.

Yall care too much about a first rounder in this draft. Where we could very easily be picking 28th or later. This team has a lot of good prospects already. I would not be surprised if someone like Dermott gets traded with a bit extra if needed to get that 1st rounder back.
Not only that but look at what Tampa gave up last year for Goodrow and Coleman...

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Jarmo time! Two UFA's turned to two first rounders. Add to that it's Nick Foligno and Savard. Not a guy like Bjorkstrand.

Reactions: Kurtz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad