Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CBJ] Leafs Acquire Kerby Rychel for Scott Harrington + Conditional 5th

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Just an FYI for anyone reading this interview; The guy answering the questions, Aaron Portzline, is the best beat writer in the business. He is absolutely in the know, his word is golden. It's a better read when you know you can trust the answers.

I follow him on twitter, good guy.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I think he's going to be one of the surprises out of camp
Change of scenery, new coach, young team, and lots of competition.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I think he's going to be one of the surprises out of camp
Change of scenery, new coach, young team, and lots of competition.

I am hopeful for this. But as pointed out in the article his skating, though at a nhl level, is not the best and Babcock loves skaters.
Fingers crossed he works out.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Just an FYI for anyone reading this interview; The guy answering the questions, Aaron Portzline, is the best beat writer in the business. He is absolutely in the know, his word is golden. It's a better read when you know you can trust the answers.

Big fan of Portzline.

Seems like a decent interview and he was pretty blunt with his answers.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Excited to see what he can do, and a fresh start should be good for him. Warren's meddling worries me a bit, but the relationship described seems extremely dysfunctional. He'll either be on the Leafs in a top 9 role or will be getting first line minutes with Kapanen in the AHL. I do like the skill set he brings to our pool, and big guys sometimes take a minute to find their stride in scoring roles.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Excited to see what he can do, and a fresh start should be good for him. Warren's meddling worries me a bit, but the relationship described seems extremely dysfunctional. He'll either be on the Leafs in a top 9 role or will be getting first line minutes with Kapanen in the AHL. I do like the skill set he brings to our pool, and big guys sometimes take a minute to find their stride in scoring roles.

And he is still pretty young (21, turning 22 in October).

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Just curious to get HF'rs opinions.

Who would you rather have had the Leafs acquire, and who do feel currently has a higher upside between Lawson Crouse vs. Rychel?

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON

Who would you rather have had the Leafs acquire, and who do feel currently has a higher upside between Lawson Crouse vs. Rychel?

Crouse is the easy answer but I think they become similar types of players.. 2nd/3rd line tweener with decent offensive abilities and great size, but limited upside.

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Is he going to throw a hissy fit when he doesn't make the team? The odds a certainly against him at this point due to congestion up front. Barring injuries or a crazy increase in performance from him, I can't see him getting in more than ~10 games this year.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Is he going to throw a hissy fit when he doesn't make the team? The odds a certainly against him at this point due to congestion up front. Barring injuries or a crazy increase in performance from him, I can't see him getting in more than ~10 games this year.

If he does the only one it will look bad on, is him

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto

During that draft, I was really low on Crouse. I didn't have him not even in the first round, (32) and thought the hype was insane. (Especially the top 5 talk)

However, I always said he would be an NHLer 100%, but a 2nd-3rd line guy, and that hasn't changed.

Still would rather have Crouse. He is a beast, and will have a VERY valuable role with a team, even as a 3rd liner if that is what he ends up being.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Crouse by a mile. I'm not sure Rychel will be successful in Toronto.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I doubt management would have traded for him if they didn't expect him to make the team out of camp....

Regarding Crouse: I think it's a bit of wash, but I'm not sure Crouse makes the NHL so I'd lean to Rychel on that one

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I doubt management would have traded for him if they didn't expect him to make the team out of camp....

Regarding Crouse: I think it's a bit of wash, but I'm not sure Crouse makes the NHL so I'd lean to Rychel on that one

Well I don't think they necessarily expect him to snatch a spot when you have Leivo and Hyman (and others) fighting for the same spot. They definitely expect to seriously challenge for it though (as in be among the last cuts).

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On

We have traded for guys before that were not roster players so that does not hold up. His physically is much needed though so I suspect he will be given every chance.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Rychel is a project at this point.

He could pan out and be very useful. If you're penciling him into the lineup to start this season, I think you'll be surprised.

He's waiver exempt.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I will trade Rychel and 2nd for Crouse.

Why Mike? Rychel has more nhl experience that Crouse and imo a better projection.
If FLA is willing to dump Crouse to get rid of Bolland then maybe FLA was not too high on him, as was CLB not high on Rychel so lateral move at best we should not add.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Rychel will probably get called up if michalek and greening gets traded. Team's LW seems weak. KK will also be competing for a spot but I think KK and rychel need one more season in the ahl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad