Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CBJ] Leafs Acquire Kerby Rychel for Scott Harrington + Conditional 5th

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'd be fine with Rychel as a 3rd liner. I thought Harrington would make the Leafs out of camp, but not always be top six. I was only a bit surprised to see him in the deal because of the Hunter connection, though IMO, the deal was about thinking highly of Rychel and not lowly of Harrington (and a 5th that may or may not materialize).

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
A player like Kerby Rychel was Kris Draper. He was treated like a good offensive prospect at first in Winnipeg then fell out of favour quickly there. He was traded for very little (a dollar I believe) to Detroit, went down to their minor league team played well then accepted a role as reliable 4th liner for 15 seasons. That's the type of upside a deal like this or the Hyman deal might have to the future of the Leafs.

While this scenario is fully possible, I'm just providing an alternative view of why he was being prompted by his dad to leave CBJ.

The positive of my view is that if he has that untapped potential then we just stile him from the Jackets.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
If he ends up playing a couple good seasons as a cost effective third liner, ill be happy. Anything above that and ill be pretty pumped, and anything worse and ill be a tad disappointed.
When he was with the Spits, he was a force on the ice. Hard to get off the puck, checked hard, and was a real S.O.B in front of the net... If he gets some of that swagger back he will be awesome for usl.

Mr Hockey*

Rychel was drafted two spots ahead of Freddy and with a late birthday. Leafs will see if he can play himself onto the team like Freddy, Lepsic, etc. Another HF leaf fan base overhype!

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Good chance he's in Vegas next season.

The way he's playing, he'll probably be protected.

Kadri
JVR
Bozak
Leo
Brown
Rychel
Leipsic/Leivo

And you gotta think that at least one of Bozak/Leo/JVR are not gonna be on the team come expansion draft.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Marlies_vs._Crunch.0.jpg

Raising Hell: Kerby Rychel 2016-17 Highlights - TML (HD)

Last edited:

LoneWolf

Dec 11, 2015
I doubt you will see that"scoring touch" in the NHL, Rychel is getting first line minutes in the AHL with higher skilled line mates propping up his stats. He is a scrub.

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016

Kadri
JVR
Bozak
Leo
Brown
Rychel
Leipsic/Leivo

And you gotta think that at least one of Bozak/Leo/JVR are not gonna be on the team come expansion draft.

That could happen, I just don't think it's likely.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Kadri
JVR
Bozak
Leo
Brown
Rychel
Leipsic/Leivo

That's what I was thinking - might be a bit of a surprise but I think the team tries to hold on to him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad