Confirmed Trade: [TOR/CAR] Leafs acquire Alex Galchenyuk from Carolina for Egor Korshkov and David Warsofsky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I honestly didn't have a lot of issues with how he played in Ottawa.

And he has that howitzer in the circle.

DJ didn't like him for whatever reason.

But the only reason I can see him suiting up for the Leafs is if they need a scoring option on the 2nd PP unit.
Probably same reason as minny pitt Montreal Arizona....the only good thing I heard come out of pitt was thay he worked hard....

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
150715411_5408756982482868_1503595120708236406_o.jpg

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
If they go on a run he is good depth as a taxi squad guy. Don't see how his defensive game gets him bottom 6 minutes. He will score playing with JT or AM

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
The only value to Galchenyuk is trading him and Mtl got the better deal via Domi to nab Anderson. Toronto gets the banana peel hoping he can help them on ice?!?...that ship sailed a long time ago. Even Ottawa realized that!

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
When Chucky signed his first contract, there was a small clause he should of read....

WOLRD TOUR OPTION. Free meals and transportation. Travel light.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
A couple goals vs Montreal this year would be delightful :)

He scored 7 on the Habs the last few games he player against them. Not only that, he's got the entire Habs defense shaking in their skates from his ferocious checks.

As we speak, Julien is working on a Chucky Cheese defense plan to stop him.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
It wasn't some ramdom reporter. It was the former coach of the Habs.

"On Monday, former Canadiens coach Mario Tremblay appeared on 98.5 FM radio in Montreal. During his airtime, Tremblay alleged Montreal forward Alex Galchenyuk has twice been to detox for addiction issues."

Here is the link....and notice, nobody sued Tremblay. Nor anyone scrabled to defend Chucky

www.sportingnews.com/ca/amp/other-sports/news/montreal-canadiens-alex-galchenyuk-rehab-detox-mario-tremblay-allegations-rumor/9a7cbof1plrv1ojxs4utmumue
Yeah, Mario Tremblay is less credible than a random reporter. Roman Hamrlik and the Kostitsyn's were accused of being mob associates and drug trafficking, no one sued the reporters then either.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Yeah, Mario Tremblay is less credible than a random reporter. Roman Hamrlik and the Kostitsyn's were accused of being mob associates and drug trafficking, no one sued the reporters then either.
This goes back to the time kovalev told koivu who was captain that if he didn’t go to gainey with it to get things cleaned up that he was gonna . It was on a west coast trip , koivu was out injured and kovalev was acting captain . Something happened because within 10 days there were about ten transactions including a coach being fired .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Didn't see anything substantiated in that regards, lots of rumors and stories but we've been down that road before with the media and "darkest day in Habs history" incident so I take it with a hefty dose of salt.
Darkest day in Habs history? Are we talking about some strippers and kassian hitting a pole at six in the morning ? They don’t usually print these stories on a regular basis

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
It's ultra confidential. If a reporter gets hold of the story, he's going to be threatened with a lawsuit since he can't prove it and "medical" records are private.

Besides, why would any GM tell another GM about damaged goods? It's easier and less likely to be sued if the GM just utters..."he didn't work out". And passed him on....

Yeah....its MThead...and every coach since then. Poor little Chucky, he's so mistreated and misunderstood. Darn evil coaches
....yeah....:popcorn:
I remember a philly fan said about carter and Richards trades to la . Boys you’ll love it there , the cok. Is much better . I’m predicting the next stop on the galchenyuk tour will be la .

Reactions: HabsAddict

WG

Sep 9, 2008
I'm not even talking about the rumour, it's just... I'm shocked that Mario Tremblay isn't in witness protection after causing Patrick Roy to demand a trade. Thought for sure he'd be keeping a low profile where the Habs are concerned.
Speaking as a long time Habs fan who was around to see Tremblay play, I can respect what he did as a player. But as for his post playing career as a coach and TV personality Mario should be tossed into the deepest mineshaft we can find, never to be seen or heard from again.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Probably same reason as minny pitt Montreal Arizona....the only good thing I heard come out of pitt was thay he worked hard....

Honestly I think he can be good depth on the Leafs... not like he's a playoff guy anyway but oh well.

Thing with all the teams that picked him up is that they needed him to become a good center, or to score lot in the case of the Pens. Which is why he never worked out in Montreal in the first place. Leafs don't need centers, and they have their primary offense pretty well figured out I think? But they're tight with the cap, and Galchenyuk is quite literally a guy who provides 0.5ppg in the last few years

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Honestly I think he can be good depth on the Leafs... not like he's a playoff guy anyway but oh well.

Thing with all the teams that picked him up is that they needed him to become a good center, or to score lot in the case of the Pens. Which is why he never worked out in Montreal in the first place. Leafs don't need centers, and they have their primary offense pretty well figured out I think? But they're tight with the cap, and Galchenyuk is quite literally a guy who provides 0.5ppg in the last few years
I think OTT said the existing same thing .....his NHL days are basically over

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
The only value to Galchenyuk is trading him and Mtl got the better deal via Domi to nab Anderson. Toronto gets the banana peel hoping he can help them on ice?!?...that ship sailed a long time ago. Even Ottawa realized that!
you're understanding it wrong. Montreal got the banana peel drafting Galchenyuk and letting Leafs nab Rielly ;)

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Do we get credit for having him on our roster and having him produce decently between 2013-2018 lmao.....dudes done nothing but regress...
Dude was always a hot mess. He does still have a lethal shot though. I think on the leafs pp he could likely pot a few goals. I don’t mind this deal for them. Chunky is a fringe nhler, but with some elite talent he may surprise. He can’t carry an offense, but I believe he can contribute m.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Galchenyuks gotta be on his last shot in the NHL, no?
I had him pegged for the KHL next year before he was traded to the Leafs. I still think that's where he ends up. He's not going to get top 6 minutes from any NHL team, which is what he needs to be effective.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Korshkov scores at a 82g pace
I guess we didnt need anymore scoring, but jeez

But in all seriousness, I kinda wonder if management knows something - from his brief stint in Toronto, he wasnt bad - but maybe he showed lack of commitment to NA and seemed more than likely not coming back.

Pure speculation, but I see no need to throw him in otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad